Paige Bueckers AP National Player of the Year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers AP National Player of the Year

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hey Scud49, join the club. You're not alone. ? What we saw there was genuine. How can you not love a "group hug"? Did you notice who she was sitting at the table with? :rolleyes:
Those two really love each other and it shows. Both times when Nika went down it was Paige that was there who assisted in helping her off the floor. Nika was the first one to congratulate Paige on her winning the Big East Tournament MOP and always seems to be attached to her side when they are together as a group. Paige is one of a kind and I hope that they can raise another trophy together come Sunday night.

Reaction Score
Let's hope for Stewie Redux! Still blown away by how she goes right and pulls up so effortlessly...such a hard thing to do!!! A pleasure to watch for sure.

Reaction Score
Excuse me if I don't follow these things that closely, but is this THE player of the year award or are there other organizations that give these awards?

Reaction Score
Waiting for ESPN’s article. Tick, tick, tick...
PB you’re the best!!!!!
Still Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
First I'd like to offer my heartfelt congratulations to a terrific player, and a terrific young woman - Paige Bueckers. Well deserved!

Second I'd like to offer pillows to Carolyn Peck, Beth Mowins, and Debbie Antonelli so they can muffle their screams...

Reaction Score
Excuse me if I don't follow these things that closely, but is this THE player of the year award or are there other organizations that give these awards?
1 of 3 major NPOY awards. Naismith and Wade are the others but freshmen are not eligible for the Wade.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
......and to think THIS season was the worst she'll play during her career. Hard to imagine she's going to get better, but she will. What is she going to look like going into her junior year? :eek:
I would guess that she will look to be fairly well slimmed, with a few NC's on her cv.

Reaction Score
She got on the wall when named to the AP 1st team. She is now the owner of the greatest Freshman season ever and is looking pretty good to be the 4th person on the Mt. Rushmore of UConn WCBB joining Taurasi, Stewart and Moore.
With Fudd coming next year, and who knows how many other great players in the future, we might want to start looking for a larger mountain.

Reaction Score
ESPN hasn't said anything except posted the AP news. I guess they are holding Debbi and crying together now.
Not even main story on the women’s home page. Disgraceful.

And espn probably knew about this Monday and couldn’t have prepared something special for this award going to a Freshman?

Reaction Score
Not even main story on the women’s home page. Disgraceful.

And espn probably knew about this Monday and couldn’t have prepared something special for this award going to a Freshman?

Paige was already selected as ESPN Player of the Year last week, wasn't she? People are reading into things that are not there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still doesn't get Paige on the Wall of Honor. Hard to believe she won't be one of the 10 Members of the WBCA All American announced sometime this week. That will get her on the Wall.
So does that get her on the wall? All of these awards confuse me as to which ones do and don't get a player on the wall.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that when AP announced that Paige had received 28 of the possible 30 votes for the AP First Team AA's, the writing was on the wall that she was going to win it. If I remember correctly the closest to Paige was Evans who received 20 of the 30 votes for the First Team AA. I did think that Paige would win it, not in such a convincing manner 20 to 4 in voting.

Reaction Score
Paige was already selected as ESPN Player of the Year last week, wasn't she? People are reading into things that are not there.

Good point. I have a lot of time on my hands. It is “concerning” that espn doesn’t update and lead with this story on women’s home page.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Good point. I have a lot of time on my hands. It is “concerning” that espn doesn’t update and lead with this story on women’s home page.
Remember ESPN, i.e. Disney, laid off something like 1/3 of their staff last year, so they are a little slow in changing their story lines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom