PAC 12 WBB News | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know NAU is your team. If the Dawgs are struggling w/ them and USD at home, they are gonna get killed in the Pac 12 this year. They would be a good WCC or Big Sky team, but that's not gonna cut it.
At the end of 3 I hear Dandy Don singing......"turn out the lights, the party's over" in Seattle.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
At the end of 3 I hear Dandy Don singing......"turn out the lights, the party's over" in Seattle.
NAU forced a bunch of TOs in the first half. Dawgs have been doing a better job of holding onto the ball in the 2nd half.

Rasheed is a load.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Same as last game, Dawgs falling apart and trying to throw away a big lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NAU made that more interesting than it needed to be. Cut a 20 point lead down to 5 before they ran out of steam.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado w/ another big road win 58-53 over Air Force. :rolleyes:

Sadler struggling so far but Miller came up big, 17 pts/7 reb off the bench, 8-9 shooting. Sherrod was the only starter in double figures w/ 12.

Reaction Score
NAU made that more interesting than it needed to be. Cut a 20 point lead down to 5 before they ran out of steam.
The Jacks have a roster full of 3 point shooters and I was very impressed with their defense on the Huskies forcing 24 TOs.. When the 3s are falling they are a dangerous team. Point guard Schenck led the team in boards. I thought they did a nice job of representing the Big Sky.

I attended the Lady Devil's loss to Whalen's Gophers Friday night and I think the Lady Jacks might well have handled CTT's new team.

Reaction Score
Oregon against overmatched Dixie State: Paopao started and played 2.5 minutes. Good to see. Sabally and Bigby won’t play. Watson made her first start and is at or near double figures at the half.

Reaction Score
Colorado w/ another big road win 58-53 over Air Force. :rolleyes:

Sadler struggling so far but Miller came up big, 17 pts/7 reb off the bench, 8-9 shooting. Sherrod was the only starter in double figures w/ 12.
Why I thought it was strange that Miller wasn’t mentioned as a major transfer acquisition.

Reaction Score
Ducks 84-35. Coach says he wanted 10-15 minutes from Paopao so the 2.5 was disappointing. Chronic condition? Kylee Watson had a good game in her first start ( for Sabally) with 8-8 from the field. Mostly a weak shooting performance otherwise. 46% and just 25% from 3. Off to the Bahamas Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Ducks 84-35. Coach says he wanted 10-15 minutes from Paopao so the 2.5 was disappointing. Chronic condition? Kylee Watson had a good game in her first start ( for Sabally) with 8-8 from the field. Mostly a weak shooting performance otherwise. 46% and just 25% from 3. Off to the Bahamas Tuesday.

I really hope that isn't the case. I like her style of play and have been looking forward to seeing how she plays this season. I don't know if they can take the same approach Maryland has with Diamond Miller and have her sit out a few more games though.

Reaction Score
Lotrader is suppose to give us an accurate assessment of Oregon State after attending a game in person.

Reaction Score
Lotrader is suppose to give us an accurate assessment of Oregon State after attending a game in person.
In the last game vs Loyola Marymount OSU started slow much like the exhibition game. In both games, the 3rd quarter was the defensive clamp down quarter & OSU put the game out of reach. TvO had 19 points, but had some sloppy turnovers. Freshman AJ Marotte played well again, with 15-points and 3 x 3-pointers. Our other freshman guard, Greta K., played a lot and proving she is already a solid defender. Our strength is clearly our 3/4/5's and Kennedy Brown had a terrific all-around game. Taya Corosdale, Kennedy Brown, and Taylor Jones are playing excellent interior defense. Beavers had 13 blocks this game, and 9 blocks in the exhibition. I firmly believe Rueck will have a 10-player rotation: Taylor Jones, Kennedy Brown, Taya Corosdale, TvO, Ellie Mack, Emily Codding (Grad xfer), Tea Adams (Grad xfer), Jelena Mitrovic, AJ Marotte, Greta K. Without question, the deepest OSU roster ever. I will be at the Wednesday game, and will try to remember to provide an update. Thanks for the reminder.

Reaction Score
In the last game vs Loyola Marymount OSU started slow much like the exhibition game. In both games, the 3rd quarter was the defensive clamp down quarter & OSU put the game out of reach. TvO had 19 points, but had some sloppy turnovers. Freshman AJ Marotte played well again, with 15-points and 3 x 3-pointers. Our other freshman guard, Greta K., played a lot and proving she is already a solid defender. Our strength is clearly our 3/4/5's and Kennedy Brown had a terrific all-around game. Taya Corosdale, Kennedy Brown, and Taylor Jones are playing excellent interior defense. Beavers had 13 blocks this game, and 9 blocks in the exhibition. I firmly believe Rueck will have a 10-player rotation: Taylor Jones, Kennedy Brown, Taya Corosdale, TvO, Ellie Mack, Emily Codding (Grad xfer), Tea Adams (Grad xfer), Jelena Mitrovic, AJ Marotte, Greta K. Without question, the deepest OSU roster ever. I will be at the Wednesday game, and will try to remember to provide an update. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks, have not had a chance to follow anyone else in
p-12 yet besides Oregon. Yeah, deep rosters are good. With injuries that
come up during the season Oregon is finding that out early. In some sense it will pay off down the road. Probably one of Oregon’s deepest teams ever.

Reaction Score
Despite a massive size disadvantage Cal Baptist is giving the Beavers all kinds of problems. Cal Baptist up 45-39 at half. Expect the Beavs will eventually wear them down and pull away. Entertaining to this point, though.

Reaction Score
Despite a massive size disadvantage Cal Baptist is giving the Beavers all kinds of problems. Cal Baptist up 45-39 at half. Expect the Beavs will eventually wear them down and pull away. Entertaining to this point, though.
Oregon state will have match up problems against a team with good guards and a little speed. I too suspect Cal Baptist will wear down though later in the game,

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU rode a 28-6 third quarter to the win. CBU outscored them in each of the other 3 quarters. Not a very satisfying win.

Reaction Score
Oregon St seemed to have a lot of problems with 3pr shooting teams the last 3 seasons. The difficulties with CB was predictable. CB went cold as ice from outsie in the third quarter.

Reaction Score
Well, no one should be surprised how well Cal Baptist did against Oregon State. Two years ago Cal Baptist played Stanford pretty closely and only lost by a score of 83 to 78. Game stats are not that different than last night's. For example, Cal Baptist won 3 of 4 quarters against Stanford too.

Reaction Score
Cal on an impressive start (3-0) to their season. Everyone back and healthy. Looking REAL good! They beat a decent Utah State squad. Up next (Saturday) UC San Diego.

Reaction Score
Was at the OSU vs CBU game last night. First off, CBU is a quality team. On offense, all CBU players are in constant motion, and the ball moves quickly, and when open, CBU has shooters that put the ball through the net. Very impressed. Having said that, OSU has a lot of work in front of them to improve on defense. I truly believe OSU will be far better defensively as the season progresses. Coaching staff is trying to figure out who are their defensive standouts. Coaching staff needs to have a defensive team that matches up best against a 5-out opponent. Taylor Jones cannot (yet) guard a 5 that hits the 3-ball. Greta K. (freshman) is impressive. I like Coach Rueck's description of Greta as a combo of Mik Pivec and Kat Tudor. I can see why she is a McDonald's AA. The 10-deep OSU is something that I have never observed, and that is going to be absolutely HUGE for this team as the season progresses. It showed up in the 2nd half as we were the fresh team, dominating the boards in the 2nd half with 13 O-boards. With our lousy free throw shooting, we held it together with 2nd chance points. OSU is a work in progress, and have to say (today) that 4th-6th place in the PAC-12 is reasonable. Moving up the ladder will depend on coaches getting this squad to play traditional OSU defense. I'm less concerned (today) about offense, as we have many ways to score with this team. GO BEAVS!

Reaction Score
Lancers are an exciting and fun team to watch. Not intimidated by the big stage nor by any team. I love the fact they'll play anybody anywhere anytime.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal on an impressive start (3-0) to their season. Everyone back and healthy. Looking REAL good! They beat a decent Utah State squad. Up next (Saturday) UC San Diego.
I've been impressed as well. Surprising to me that Lutje Schipholt, Curry and Bush have been 3 of the biggest contributors. I doubt too many people would've picked that trio as the key to their season.

Reaction Score
Oregon WBB just posted a photo of the squad in the Bahamas. No Paopao. I don’t understand why not. Both Hosendove (still ineligible) and Rogers (injury) are there. What’s up?

Reaction Score
Oregon WBB just posted a photo of the squad in the Bahamas. No Paopao. I don’t understand why not. Both Hosendove (still ineligible) and Rogers (injury) are there. What’s up?
Covid??

Reaction Score
Maybe she had a procedure on her injury that would allow her to come back at some point? Just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom