PAC 12 WBB News | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not being able to stream a game makes them appear so amateurish.
Exactly. We all breathed a sigh of relief when Larry Scott rode off into the sunset, but I can't tell that the new comish is doing anything to improve the standing of the conference. This amateur hour to start the season isn't giving me any confidence.

Reaction Score
Colorado off fast against Oklahoma State, leading 32-20 at half on the road. Should be more. Defense excellent, forcing turnover after turnover. Sherrod went down in last seconds of half. No report yet on how serious. Injuries kept her out of all but 12 games last year. Three point shooting keeping OS in game plus a couple of good drives to basket. Colorado needs better shot selection.

Reaction Score
Colorado 41-30 at end of three. Sherrod continues to drive to basket when a better choice would be to set up a play. This was a problem for her in past. Hollingshed with 10 points to lead Buffs.
But CU opens 4th with two sloppy passes leading to two steals, four points for OS. Intercepted bad passes earlier in the game led to OS scores.

Reaction Score
Colorado wins 55-45, leading from start to finish, with Mya scoring 15. Both teams are picked—barely—to make NCAA tournament. First opening game loss for OS since 2005.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Quay w/ a decent debut, 9 pts/6 reb 4-7 shooting. Looks like Sadler didn't do much. We'll take her back in Seattle. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Slow start for UCLA, trailing Pepperdine 22-15 after Q1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA is employing a midget lineup. Chou, Thomas, Osborne, Owens, Penn.

Reaction Score
Watching UCLA - Pepperdine one thought crosses my mind. A lot of things may happen in the Pac-12 this season but UCLA beating Oregon in Eugene ain’t one of them.

Reaction Score
Quay w/ a decent debut, 9 pts/6 reb 4-7 shooting. Looks like Sadler didn't do much. We'll take her back in Seattle. :rolleyes:
What I figured from two of them but Sadler got 20 minutes floor time so I assume JR saw something on defense from her. Quay makes up for loss of Charlotte for the year.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way the live stats are down for the game.............. or way behind

Freshman for Pepperdine, Ally Steedman has 18 points at the half. She played at Pinnacle HS in Phoenix. I think that is the same HS as Sydney Weise from OSU. She may have 6 three pointers.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like UCLA is gonna survive. Up 12 under a minute left.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Pepperdine was picked 9th out of 10 in the West Coast Conference.

Even significantly shorthanded you would expect a bigger margin from a ranked team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Even significantly shorthanded you would expect a bigger margin from a ranked team.
Pepp hit 13 3's in the first half, I think they only missed one. That's gonna keep you in a lot of games. That was almost all of their points in the first half. I'll bet they won't repeat that all season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Pepp hit 13 3's in the first half, I think they only missed one. That's gonna keep you in a lot of games. That was almost all of their points in the first half. I'll bet they won't repeat that all season.

One on hand, they'd struggle to repeat that performance even in shootaround.

On the other, it doesn't speak well of UCLA's 3-point defense.

Reaction Score
One on hand, they'd struggle to repeat that performance even in shootaround.

On the other, it doesn't speak well of UCLA's 3-point defense.
Last season USF made 15 or 16 3-pointers vs Oregon State. It was painful to watch as OSU's defense on the perimeter was terrible. Fortunately, OSU's 3-point defense got much better over the course of the season. I'm sure the Bruins will as well.

Reaction Score
Last season USF made 15 or 16 3-pointers vs Oregon State. It was painful to watch as OSU's defense on the perimeter was terrible. Fortunately, OSU's 3-point defense got much better over the course of the season. I'm sure the Bruins will as well.
But there is the Coach Close factor in play. If you gave Scott Rueck that UCLA team for one month do you think there would be a difference in play after that month?. I am still out whether Coach Close gets 100% out of what she has available every year,

Reaction Score
When polls picked Colorado to finish 7th in PAC-12, I was of two minds. Was the PAC-12 that competitive a conference or was Colorado drastically underrated? Both, I think. Colorado is a defensive juggernaut. Improve that offense and they could turn PAC-12 into chaos.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I think UCLA is going to struggle quite a bit this year. A lot of that is because of how depleted by injury they are, but just in general they are incorporating a lot of new faces. They may get better toward the end of the year, but I think they'll take a lot of lumps in the meantime. They absolutely must get Conti and Dugalic available to have any chance to build toward March.

I'll be interested to see if Pepperdine does as poorly as 9th in the WCC. They looked like a better team than that. I think Ally Stedman is going to turn a lot of heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom