OTish Cults in Connecticut | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OTish Cults in Connecticut

Reaction Score
If it's got meatballs and/or sausage, tomato sauce and cheese, it's a grinder.
If it's got cold cuts (even if heated up) it's a sub.

Still depends from where though. Cold cut grinder, Italian grinder etc etc still the majority where I lived and still in many of the offices I travel to in CT.

Reaction Score
Towns are a cult here. I’ve lived in 5 of the six New England states and nowhere is your town a bigger cult than Connecticut. I was in Spain one time and a local on a tour asked where people were from and a woman from Connecticut answered West Hartford, as if a Parisian should know where or what the hell that was. Not West Hartford Connecticut. Just West Hartford.

Of course West Hartford is its own cult.

Reaction Score
Towns are a cult here. I’ve lived in 5 of the six New England states and nowhere is your town a bigger cult than Connecticut. I was in Spain one time and a local on a tour asked where people were from and a woman from Connecticut answered West Hartford, as if a Parisian should know where or what the hell that was. Not West Hartford Connecticut. Just West Hartford.

“The Center” or as they try and push it now, downtown West Hartford.

DMB

Young males driving tuned Civics or WRX’s. Although that’s probably everywhere.

Girl cult: Northface fleece, Ugg boots, leggings uniform.

Reaction Score
And San Francisco and Greenwich Village. Wait ... I think that's Grindr. Never mind.
I'm surprised you haven't taken flak from any of the boards snowflakes yet.
Where's the stain guy when you need some healthy projection of virtue?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
“The Center” or as they try and push it now, downtown West Hartford.

DMB

Young males driving tuned Civics or WRX’s. Although that’s probably everywhere.

Girl cult: Northface fleece, Ugg boots, leggings uniform.

West Hartford center is the worst

Reaction Score

There used to be a popular clothing and shoe place in West Hartford and they made t shirts which had the name of the store. Underneath the name it said “London Paris Rome West Hartford”.

Reaction Score

As a Fairfield native, I will admit Fairfield is overrated. I still can't believe Fairfield lost Timothy Dwight to Yale.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
C'mon man,

HOT BUTTERED LOBSTER ROLL
NE Clam Chowder
College Basketball Capital of the World (short term hiatus doesn't change that)
Patriots (in my world anyways)
NY money

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I gave up caring years ago, but a West Hartford upbringing contributed mightily to Giants-Red Sox fandom, probably due to WTIC radio and TV (Channel 3 pre-WFSB).

Towns, yes.

In adulthood, after two decades in LI/NYC, I've lived in Westport, Bridgeport, and have had sustained connections to Fairfield, Norwalk, Weston, Georgetown, Ridgefield, Greenwich, Stamford, and now Trumbull.

Currently, I don't simply claim that New Haven's not bad, I love where I live. I'm reasonably enough "in but not of" what one friend from another neighborhood called "the cult of Westville."

Might even include a "New Haven scares me" cult, or something that embraces hating on any or all of the CT cities.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm surprised you haven't taken flak from any of the boards snowflakes yet.
Where's the stain guy when you need some healthy projection of virtue?

Maybe I misunderstand Grindr, but I thought it was just a dating app for gays.

Reaction Score
Were those new release movies or the ones that were a few months old? The old .99 theaters that went to $1.99 were still open in Suffield, Vernon and other places through the late 80’s. That was a great thing to have for kids that didn’t have the $5 for a new release. 2 movies and some shorts for .99 sounds like something from the 50’s or 60’s?

Reaction Score
A78FDF5F-4052-448F-8B00-18E3DBFDE4C7.jpeg
Vernon Parkade is still open with “low” prices. Figured it was long gone.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Were those new release movies or the ones that were a few months old? The old .99 theaters that went to $1.99 were still open in Suffield, Vernon and other places through the late 80’s. That was a great thing to have for kids that didn’t have the $5 for a new release. 2 movies and some shorts for .99 sounds like something from the 50’s or 60’s?

Rarely if ever new release on Saturdays, unless they were bad. 60's and early 70's.

I'm fairly certain back then the theatre paid for the movie and got all ticket sales. I'm told now the theatre gets little to nothing on ticket sales, and make their money on $10 popcorn and $5 sodas.

Reaction Score
If it's got meatballs and/or sausage, tomato sauce and cheese, it's a grinder.
If it's got cold cuts (even if heated up) it's a sub.

Not true at all. Been eating Italian grinders since i was in diapers. It's a grinder if it's on an Italian sub doesn't matter if it's hot or cold. Grew up in New haven/ east haven area

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Tax-achusetts"

I can go 2 miles to the CT line and cross over to Suffield CT and be very happy I'm in Feeding Hills;):D

Interesting how what was true, no longer is. Mass is lower on income tax, sales tax (more things exempt too) and property tax thanks to Prop 2 1/2. CT had no income tax when I was growing up there.

I'm less than 2 miles from Cumberland RI, and it's worse too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View attachment 32839
Vernon Parkade is still open with “low” prices. Figured it was long gone.

That's Manchester isn't it? Went to a lot of movies there. Saw Star Wars there.

Used to ride my bike to the movies next to the arcade and go cart place in Vernon.

Reaction Score
Depends on what your definition of a cult is but we got a real one down here called Scientology. I will probably get sued by them for slander because of this post!
Are you in Clearwater? I spent a lot of time there in college and now I hear the area is overrun with Scientologists.

Reaction Score
When I first moved to Ct I lived in Cromwell. I asked my landlord about shopping of some sort and she gave me a local place that didn’t have what I needed. I asked if there was anyplace in Middletown and was told “I don’t like to go to the City. Too many crazy drivers.” People from other towns nearby said similar things. Middletown. The City. Sort of boggles the mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom