OTish Cults in Connecticut | The Boneyard

OTish Cults in Connecticut

Reaction Score
Not sure if y'all know, but the thing "the youths" have been doing on Twitter is listing "cults" in their states.

Anyway, thought this was mostly spot on

Reaction Score
I got scared for a minute before opening this thread that my former church would be mentioned.... or Amway....

Thankfully, only people offended will be the Sally's cult following :p

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
People from New London wearing the interlocking "NL" baseball cap, that's in the same fashion as the Yankees "NY".

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Not sure if y'all know, but the thing "the youths" have been doing on Twitter is listing "cults" in their states.

Depends on what your definition of a cult is but we got a real one down here called Scientology. I will probably get sued by them for slander because of this post!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Don't really understand how "Grinder" is exclusive to Connecticut, but one cult that is missing from that list is fans of the Red Sox for baseball and The Giants for football.

Also, "East of the River."

Reaction Score
Don't really understand how "Grinder" is exclusive to Connecticut, but one cult that is missing from that list is fans of the Red Sox for baseball and The Giants for football.

Grinder is used almost exclusively in the New Haven to Springfield corridor for a Sub.

Reaction Score

Red Sox/Giants fan checking in. Also, never go east of the river.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Grinder is used almost exclusively in the New Haven to Springfield corridor for a Sub.
I grew up in central MA between Worcester and Framingham. They were referred to as "grinders" for as long as I can remember. Just saying that the term is not exclusive to the Constitution State.

Red Sox/Giants fan checking in. Also, never go east of the river.
Moot. I've lived EOTR since I moved down here (part time for college in Storrs, Manchester, and East Hampton).

Here's another Connecticut cult: Those who recognize the State's deep divide in wanting to be included in two distinct geographic regions that neither region truly wants to include Connecticut.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Whalers cult sucks. They all think they’re so clever for wearing shirts for a defunct hockey team. It’s not an idiosyncrasy, we’ve all shopped at Target. When I see two of these Neanderthals high five each other at a UConn sporting event it boils my blood. Almost as bad as seeing one of them standing proudly with a smug look on their face that says “hey look at my dumb scalitoing shirt”

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The Whalers cult sucks. They all think they’re so clever for wearing shirts for a defunct hockey team. It’s not an idiosyncrasy, we’ve all shopped at Target. When I see two of these Neanderthals high five each other at a UConn sporting event it boils my blood. Almost as bad as seeing one of them standing proudly with a smug look on their face that says “hey look at my dumb scalitoing shirt”
Old Whalers fans hoping the team returns to Hartford are probably the same people who think UConn is joining the Big 10 some day.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I'm a proud and card carrying member of 3 cults.
- Phish Phan
- Freemasonry
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Whalers have some of the best branding of all time though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm a proud and card carrying member of 3 cults.
- Phish Phan
- Freemasonry
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity

Is that a robes and illuminati thing? Do you guys chant?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Biggest CT cult is miserable NIMBYs. Yes, I get they exist elsewhere, but CTs have a unique flavor of awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom