OT: World Cup | Page 55 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone call the game those brazil players might not get out of the stadium alive.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You don't see this in Hockey, let alone soccer, where the playing surface is literally 100x larger.

Reaction Score
The craziest semifinal game i've ever seen and will be remembered as the single worst game in Brazilian history.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This might be the single worst performance within the borders of their country as well.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Someone call the game those brazil players might not get out of the stadium alive.

Forget the Brazilian players - the Germans might not get out alive!

Reaction Score
The question now is whether Brazil will get dirty or will they give up?

Germany would do well to get out of this game without any injuries or cards.

Reaction Score
LOL. We've replaced today's usual soccer entertainment with a symbolic performance act: UConn women's basketball (played by Germany) vs. typical AAC team (Brazil). We hope the audience enjoys the show.

Reaction Score
LOL. We've replaced today's usual soccer entertainment with a symbolic performance act: UConn women's basketball (played by Germany) vs. typical AAC team (Brazil). We hope the audience enjoys the show.

This is more fitting on the men's board :D

uconn-floirida.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
wow.

So, I'm guessing Neymar and Thiago were pretty important to what Brazil was trying to do in this tournament?

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wow.

So, I'm guessing Neymar and Thiago were pretty important to what Brazil was trying to do in this tournament?
neither one of them would've stopped this... germany is playing the best style, it's complete... they have played like the whole tourney... they need to get back to the samba days, they need flair and they need to build around neymar cesar and luiz

intlzncster

Reaction Score
neither one of them would've stopped this... germany is playing the best style, it's complete... they have played like the whole tourney... they need to get back to the samba days, they need flair and they need to build around neymar cesar and luiz

Definitely wouldn't have changed the outcome, but the score would have been far different. Their most important offensive and defensive players. Their entire offense ran through Neymar, and Brazil couldn't adjust. Their entire defense was organized by Silva, and Brazil couldn't adjust. That's one of the big reasons they looked so hapless in the back. No one else had half a brain. Silva is a really smart physical player.

Germany wins either way though. Just a better team.

Reaction Score
Germany may have done Brazil a favor. This Brazilian team would not have fared better against Argentina and they may have been spared an even worse outcome, if that is possible. We may still have Brazil v Argentina for 3rd if the dutch win tomorrow, and maybe Brazil can redeem itself then. Actually that is their only hope.

Reaction Score
Wow, Brazil attacks at first; but, Germany counters and scores within the first ten minutes. I then go get changed to get ready for my own game and Brazil is down 5-0 by time I get back and it was a quick change. I honestly feel bad for Brazil as their entire program is going to get roasted by their media and their fans. I think the loss of Neymar hurt a bit; but, it appears that Silva was the only thing keeping their back line together. Without him, they just fell apart against a very surgical German team. I think the pressure to win the Cup and to solve all of Brazil's problems in doing so was too much.

Reaction Score
Germany may have done Brazil a favor. This Brazilian team would not have fared better against Argentina and they may have been spared an even worse outcome, if that is possible. We may still have Brazil v Argentina for 3rd if the dutch win tomorrow, and maybe Brazil can redeem itself then. Actually that is their only hope.

Losing to Germany this baldy will send Brazil into a state of shock and national mourning. Losing to Argentina in the final would have unleashed hell and the country may have burned down.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Messi couldn't do much today because they were man marking him and going in hard on him... Their defense was great and Romero came up huge in PKs... The game was battled between the 18s... Sunday is going to be a good one, Let's Go Argentina!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That was a pretty dull contest. There were about 4decent chances all game.

It looked like the Dutch were playing for penalties from the opening whistle.

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
That was a pretty dull contest. There were about 4decent chances all game. It looked like the Dutch were playing for penalties from the opening whistle.

The Dutch have managed to play some of the most attractive and some of the most boring soccer in the last two World Cups. The Spain final in 2010 was terrible.

Reaction Score
For the safety of everyone in Brazil, I hope Germany wins. They may riot either way. In celebration if Germany wins... in anger if the Argentines win

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For the safety of everyone in Brazil, I hope Germany wins. They may riot either way. In celebration if Germany wins... in anger if the Argentines win

No doubt. They didn't riot when they lost partly because they didn't have their two best players...and partly because they were so shell shocked. They'll be fully 'recovered' for the final, especially if they lose the 3rd place game. Which they likely will.

All that said...I'm rooting for Argentina.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Germany is too complete. The score may be 1-0 but Germany will completely out play Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom