OT: World Cup | Page 30 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He waited too long, wanted the goal. He should have crossed it a lot earlier. I hope that goon gets banned from the Sweet 16 game. That would be a lesson learned.

Absolutely, but I was just saying he did try to pass it.

Reaction Score
He also may have issues with the next game if FIFA reviews the bite he took out of Italy.

Quite frankly, I hope Suarez has issues with the next game because he gets caught in an alley and gets his legs broken. And yes, that's petty but my squad just lost and that red card was a joke.

Reaction Score
My point there is that the US could squeak a goal in towards the end and dash the German's next round set up. They will be very keen to avoid that outcome. Best way to do that is to win.

I'm not sure that the bracket is better for Germany as the group leader, honestly. Yes, they likely get Algeria rather than Belgium, but then they're likely facing the French, who have been world-beaters, and then they have to play Brazil and the refs in the semis. Losing this match is hardly a catastrophe for Germany.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the bracket is better for Germany as the group leader, honestly. Yes, they likely get Algeria rather than Belgium, but then they're likely facing the French, who have been world-beaters, and then they have to play Brazil and the refs in the semis. Losing this match is hardly a catastrophe for Germany.

But can you plan that far ahead? It's one game at a time imo. But yes, avoiding Brazil to the Final would be preferable. You just have to be sure you make it there.

Plus, I think people are underestimating German pride. They'll want to beat the US.

Reaction Score
20kybug.jpg

Reaction Score
Suarez wont just be banned for their next game, he will be banned for the entire tournament.

Reaction Score
Just watched the Red Card call, very weak, especially compared to what else is going on in this game. I would not want to ref this one. Ugly.

Think that was part of it. Blatant over the ball challenge following a lot of chippyness. Ref needed to make a statement to get control of the game.

Still didn't work, obviously.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, but I was just saying he did try to pass it.

I am surprised that the other team and the fans can even fit in the stadium considering the size of Suarez’s ego.

In a back alley, who would win in a fight, Suarez or Balotelli?

Reaction Score
I'm 100% sure Suarez bit him, but I'd be wary of the authenticity of any photos that come out this soon after the match.

Not really, there were what, several hundred cameras covering the game for tens of millions viewers across the world and the Italian player was walking around like that for a while.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Not really, there were what, several hundred cameras covering the game for tens of millions viewers across the world and the Italian player was walking around like that for a while.
I don't disagree that there were hundreds of cameras present, but there is a reason no major media outlet is running that photo yet. It hasn't been verified yet. In this age of the internet it's not the most prudent move to blindly run with the first thing you find on Twitter. Just saying.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't disagree that there were hundreds of cameras present, but there is a reason no major media outlet is running that photo yet. It hasn't been verified yet. In this age of the internet it's not the most prudent move to blindly run with the first thing you find on Twitter. Just saying.

You have got to be joking!

Go to the 0:55 min mark on the ESPN video, and watch the bite in slow motion. This was a farce!

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/name/59/post/1908997/headline

EDIT: Also look at the still shot at about 3:10 min mark. ESPN is "major" enough for me...

Reaction Score
BUHusky said:

ESPN FC has tweeted it out

BUHusky

Reaction Score
You have got to be joking!

Go to the 0:55 min mark on the ESPN video, and watch the bite in slow motion. This was a farce!

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/name/59/post/1908997/headline
If you read my previous post you'd know that I 100% agree that Suarez bit him. I don't doubt that. I watched the match and all the videos. I'm just questioning the authenticity of that photo because it hasn't been verified (yet). Those are 2 very different things. Some of you guys...yeesh.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you read my previous post you'd know that I 100% agree that Suarez bit him. I don't doubt that. I watched the match and all the videos. I'm just questioning the authenticity of that photo because it hasn't been verified (yet). Those are 2 very different things. Some of you guys...yeesh.

If you believe that it happened, then why are you trying to caution the OP who posted the still-shot? Oh, by the way, the still-shot bite marks seem to match up with the still-shot provided by ESPN (albeit more blurry) at the 3:10 mark of the video I provided. Your cautionary post certainly didn't make it appear as if you agreed 100%....some of you guys...

BUHusky

Reaction Score
ESPN FC has tweeted it out

upload_2014-6-24_14-57-43.png

The photo ESPN FC tweeted (above) is different from the one you shared. ESPN's doesn't show those 3 little marks nearly as clearly. Anyway, I'm done talking about it. We can all agree he bit him and should be banned for a very long time.

Reaction Score

I don't understand what your point is. What do you mean, "verified"? It's a photo of Chiellini pulling down his shirt to show what he is claiming are bitemarks. You don't need a forensic scientist to confirm that they are in fact bitemarks before you publish the pictures. That's not how journalism works. They didn't dispatch a doctor to the Red Sox clubhouse to confirm that it was blood in Schilling's sock before those images were in every publication in the country.

Reaction Score
WTF. Why would you do that? I don't get it. Punch the guy in the balls when no one is looking; elbows are innocuous; a Kick ... that seems like part of the play. I just don't understand this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pudge said:
WTF. Why would you do that? I don't get it. Punch the guy in the balls when no one is looking; elbows are innocuous; a Kick ... that seems like part of the play. I just don't understand this.

He's a biter, clearly decedent from the genus Castor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom