OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UConn's memorable player's look like a whose who of college champions and NBA stars, guys who actually have posters hanging in the March Madness half time shows every single year.

Syracuse's memorable player's look like a waiting room full of MTV's Jersey Shore casting rejects who didn't make it onto the show, and one guy who is generally considered by NBA fans to be an all time great loser who wasted his career chasing scoring titles and $$ instead of titles. You are right, you better cling onto those 3 letters as hard as you can, its the only thing that seems to be helping you sleep at night, for now...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn's memorable player's look like a whose who of college champions and NBA stars, guys who actually have posters hanging in the March Madness half time shows every single year.

Syracuse's memorable player's look like a waiting room full of MTV's Jersey Shore casting rejects who didn't make it onto the show, and one guy who is generally considered by NBA fans to be an all time great loser who wasted his career. You are right, you better cling onto those 3 letters as hard as you can, its the only thing that seems to be helping you sleep at night, for now...

let me guess, tmz is dying to get you on staff.

Here you go bro, i know this may be hard to take, but these are the facts. Dont cry too hard.

NBA & ABA Players Who Attended University of Connecticut | Basketball-Reference.com

NBA & ABA Players Who Attended Syracuse University | Basketball-Reference.com

Reaction Score

Syracuse's memorable player's look like a waiting room full of MTV's Jersey Shore casting rejects who didn't make it onto the show, and one guy who is generally considered by NBA fans to be an all time great loser who wasted his career. You are right, you better cling onto those 3 letters as hard as you can, its the only thing that seems to be helping you sleep at night, for now...

Ive been staring at hakim warrick and carmelo all weekend in the backdrops. Ill post when i see a uconn player even though this point is top 5 dumbest ive seen which is saying something

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Ive been staring at hakim warrick and carmelo all weekend in the backdrops. Ill post when i see a uconn player even though this point is top 5 dumbest ive seen which is saying something
What do you want me to look at those two links for? All I see is UConn producing multiple all stars and NBA champions. One of the greatest 3 point shooters and the maker of arguably one of the biggest, clutchest shots in NBA finals history as well.

Meanwhile, all you have to show for nearly 40 years of Syracuse basketball under Boeheim is Carmelo Anthony (lol) and you had to go as far as pulling Hakim Warrick's name out of your for the sole purpose of having a list of names longer than 1. Guys like MCW, Tyler Ennis are the latest lottery pick names from the fruit yet both have fizzled out faster than even the most seasoned Syracuse-to-NBA pros did before them.

This is a game you do not want to play because you wont win, I dont care how many adjectives for "top 5 dumbest" you can come up with because thats not changing anything.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Just looking for one person to admit how bad the aac is. I only post in cuse threads. Also, i enjoy informing the uninformed. Its my civic duty.

The AAC is a crapfest of a conference. Being in it doesn't please me at all. About the only thing that would please me less would be being Syracuse.

You can go now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And the conference which gets you on tv and determines who you play against. you can buy a lot better facilities and coaches with acc money than aac. I can pull the numbers if you are interested.

We already have the facilities and we pay more for our coach now than Syracuse does for a HOF guy. And the AAC has a deal with ESPN/CBS.

Does the P5 make more money? Yes. Do they get more exposure on sportscenter and primetime? Yes. Is being in a P5 an advantage? Yes. Would i rather be in a P5? F yes.

That said, UCONN could easily continue to be the better program for the foreseeable future, despite conference headwind.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Here you go bro, i know this may be hard to take, but these are the facts. Dont cry too hard.

NBA & ABA Players Who Attended University of Connecticut | Basketball-Reference.com

7>3

That's the number of career 10,000 point scorers, UConn vs. SU. Except one of your 3 is Dave Bing, from 50 years ago.

It was almost 4 though. Rony fell 9 points short.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

So to the original point of good players in the NBA, using 3 arbitrary numbers: 5000+ pts - UConn 11, Cuse 8; 2000+ rbs - Uconn 10, Cuse 8 and 1000+ ast - Uconn 9, Cuse 7. I could easily make those look better by choosing different numbers - they just seemed pretty relevant.

If you look at players since 89 as in a time most current high school players and players parents remember (I chose 89 instead of 90 to keep Seikaly for you), 5000+ pts - UConn 11, Cuse 5; 2000+ rbs - UConn 9, Cuse 5 and 1000+ ast - UConn 9, Cuse 5.

It's not even close.

And I've had about enough of you today - so it would be best to take your leave instead of making me ban you.

Reaction Score
So to the original point of good players in the NBA, using 3 arbitrary numbers: 5000+ pts - UConn 11, Cuse 8; 2000+ rbs - Uconn 10, Cuse 8 and 1000+ ast - Uconn 9, Cuse 7. I could easily make those look better by choosing different numbers - they just seemed pretty relevant.

If you look at players since 89 as in a time most current high school players and players parents remember (I chose 89 instead of 90 to keep Seikaly for you), 5000+ pts - UConn 11, Cuse 5; 2000+ rbs - UConn 9, Cuse 5 and 1000+ ast - UConn 9, Cuse 5.

It's not even close.

And I've had about enough of you today - so it would be best to take your leave instead of making me ban you.

Seems fairly comparable mr president. I wasnt putting uconn down, rather pointing out how ridiculous the comment was. Dont ban me for telling the truth.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Seems fairly comparable mr president. I wasnt putting uconn down, rather pointing out how ridiculous the comment was. Dont ban me for telling the truth.
Still waiting for the whole truth part. The fact that you find it so ridiculous is just you trying too hard to save face.

Reaction Score

It's not even close.

Rught now cuse has 11 players in nba and uconn has 5.

Reaction Score
Still waiting for the whole truth part. The fact that you find it so ridiculous is just you trying too hard to save face.

you guys keep pretending your unc. But i get it, living in the past

Reaction Score
Find another reason to ban him. This guy is lame as hell and adds nothing to the board.

Im just not letting you guys control the narrative on cuse using fake facts. As ive said before, i like and respect uconn.

Reaction Score
Im just not letting you guys control the narrative on cuse using fake facts. As ive said before, i like and respect uconn.

You play this good guy/impartial fan role until someone says anything negative about Cuse. We have seen this act many times before and it is so goshdarn tired.

Reaction Score
You play this good guy/impartial fan role until someone says anything negative about Cuse. We have seen this act many times before and it is so goshdarn tired.

Nah ive said i stick up for my team. Im impartial otherwise.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Rught now cuse has 11 players in nba and uconn has 5.
Yes, I'm sure your current reputation and recruiting is significantly bolstered by having Rakeem Christmas with 19 games in two seasons with 8 minutes, 2.6 pts, 2.3 rbs, 0.1 as per game, Tyler Ennis in three seasons with 11.5 minutes, 3.6 pts, 1.2 rbs, 1.8 ast per game, Michael Gbinije in one season with 3.6 minutes, 0.4 pts, 0.3 rbs, 0.2 ast per game, Chris McCullough in two seasons with 11.2 minutes, 3.8 pts, 2.2 rbs, 0.3 ast per game, Arinze Onuaku in four seasons with 6.6 minutes, 1.8 pts, 1.8 rbs, 0.5 ast per game and Malachi Richardson in one season with 9 minutes, 3.6 pts, 1.0 rbs, 0.5 ast per game.

That's 6 guys who are totally insignificant. The worst for UConn is Shabazz Napier in 3 seasons with 13.5 minutes, 4.1 pts, 1.4 rbs, 1.9 assists.

Once again, not a strong argument for Syracuse being the better or more significant program.

Can we stop now?

Reaction Score
Hate Cuse as much as anyone. They would have no problem finding a decent coach.

I am incredibly interested in seeing who they can replace Boeheim with. They are a top 15 all time program, in the premier conference and have top notch facilities. Living in Syracuse is definitely not a plus. But no school is immune to bad hires, even UNC and UK. And Cuse isn't going to be able to poach an elite coach from a P5. And some of the special younger coaching prospects may decide to wait it out for the UNC and Duke jobs which should open in 5 years or so. Probably UK too. Wow, that was a ramble lacking any direction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom