OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ray allen for sure but thats it. Who else has a shot? I love rip as a player but does he have a shot? I thought he was on the outside looking in.

No, I don't think Rip is in. Retired Pistons number is where he maxes out.

Let's put it in context though, the list of HOF players per college program isn't exactly long. And it's obviously heavily 'back dated'. Here's a list of Top 10:

UCLA - 6
UK - 5
UNC - 5
The OSU - 4
Georgetown - 4
Indiana - 3
St Johns - 3
Houston - 3
Kansas - 3
LSU - 3

And a couple of these schools probably will never produce another one (Houston/St Johns). OSU, LSU who knows?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now Lydon is hiring and agent and leaving for the NBA. Leaves them with a roster of Franklin Howard, Pascal Chukwu, Taurean Thompson, Matt Moyer, Tyus Battle and 3 3* recruits coming in with the highest being ranked 145 on 247

Reaction Score
I said it before and I will say it again. This is about the nose picker's ego. He knows that people are calling his one championship a fluke that would not have happened if not for melo. He knows that a coach is not considered truly among the greats unless they win at least two. Yeah, good enough for the hall of fame, but not for the Mt. Rushmore of coaching. But he is getting old and cranky and is less and less likely to pull off another miracle. He will drop dead trying to get that second championship. Mark my words.....

pj

Reaction Score
Now Lydon is hiring and agent and leaving for the NBA. Leaves them with a roster of Franklin Howard, Pascal Chukwu, Taurean Thompson, Matt Moyer, Tyus Battle and 3 3* recruits coming in with the highest being ranked 145 on 247

That's OK, they can play a zone defense to keep their starters on the court.

Reaction Score
If for some reason Battle should decide to leave, the sky would fall in upstate NY.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"I appreciate all of the support Mike Hopkins has given our program, but I believe he made the right decision picking Washington." Jim Boeheim
Time GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

upload_2017-3-20_21-44-10.jpeg

Reaction Score
No, I don't think Rip is in. Retired Pistons number is where he maxes out.

Let's put it in context though, the list of HOF players per college program isn't exactly long. And it's obviously heavily 'back dated'. Here's a list of Top 10:

UCLA - 6
UK - 5
UNC - 5
The OSU - 4
Georgetown - 4
Indiana - 3
St Johns - 3
Houston - 3
Kansas - 3
LSU - 3

And a couple of these schools probably will never produce another one (Houston/St Johns). OSU, LSU who knows?

I hear you and agree but your prior post was misleading. Your ohrasing made it sound like uconn had multiple players in brink of hof and it does not. Cuse will have two when melo goes in.

Reaction Score
How about this quote?

Would an established coach like Dayton’s Archie Miller or Xavier’s Chris Mack leave the comforts of their current jobs for Syracuse? Probably not.

Kind of a ridiculous statement. I guess these reporters can say whatever they want these days. Probably not based on what - thamels own opinion? Great journalism.

Reaction Score

Just checked scout. Cuse and uconn have three commits each. Our center and pf recruits are rated higher than yours and uconns pg is rated higher. Cuse isnt done recruiting yet the way this board talks down cuse class, it seems like uconn has a top 5 class coming in. Then i read another thread which says theres only one top 100 recruit committed to an aac school. Is that true? If so, wow. Whats going to happen once the legacy of the old big east wears off uconns program?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just checked scout. Cuse and uconn have three commits each. Our center and pf recruits are rated higher than yours and uconns pg is rated higher. Cuse isnt done recruiting yet the way this board talks down cuse class, it seems like uconn has a top 5 class coming in. Then i read another thread which says theres only one top 100 recruit committed to an aac school. Is that true? If so, wow. Whats going to happen once the legacy of the old big east wears off uconns program?

That's cause we got a stacked class this year, plus a high end transfer. Too bad they were mostly injured (3 red shirts). And a 4th guy coming off two ACLs, just dipping his toes in the water.

Rarely do you get back to back Top 10 classes. Unless you have most move on to the next level like UK.

Reaction Score
That's cause we got a stacked class this year, plus a high end transfer. Too bad they were mostly injured (3 red shirts). And a 4th guy coming off two ACLs, just dipping his toes in the water.

Rarely do you get back to back Top 10 classes. Unless you have most move on to the next level like UK.

I cant wait to see how gilbert pans out. I liked what he showed in high school.

Reaction Score
If his shoulder holds up. Jury's out.

Is that class top 10 though. I noticed no 5*. Larrier should be good but how will his shot be? Uconn athletics shows he shot just 34% from field his frosh year at uconn. However with that size, kid could be a beast.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Is that class top 10 though. I noticed no 5*. Larrier should be good but how will his shot be? Uconn athletics shows he shot just 34% from field his frosh year at uconn. However with that size, kid could be a beast.

Pretty much: ESPN-9; 247-8; Rvl-9. And this is taking into account how far Durham dropped after the 2nd ACL. Went from Top 30 to 80 or something like that. Gilbert was an AA, so the fact that he wasn't a 5 star isn't exactly a deal breaker.

Larrier would have been our leading scorer this year without question. Shot needs improvement, but he's so dynamic it's not an overwhelming factor in his production. His freshman year was at VCU and was 2 years ago. Not sure how much to extrapolate from that.

Reaction Score
Pretty much: ESPN-9; 247-8; Rvl-9. And this is taking into account how far Durham dropped after the 2nd ACL. Went from Top 30 to 80 or something like that. Gilbert was an AA, so the fact that he wasn't a 5 star isn't exactly a deal breaker.

Larrier would have been our leading scorer this year without question. Shot needs improvement, but he's so dynamic it's not an overwhelming factor in his production. His freshman year was at VCU and was 2 years ago. Not sure how much to extrapolate from that.

Battle had a similar drop for a foot injury and imho battle was a top 10 frosh this year and will be in the lottery next year. Sometimes rankings arent everything. Ill take jb's opinion over any scout writer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom