OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Washington is hiring Syracuse's Mike Hopkins

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
would be interesting to see who wants to go live up in syracuse. they're in the acc and have the dome but location isn't the best

Reaction Score
would be interesting to see who wants to go live up in syracuse. they're in the acc and have the dome but location isn't the best

Legit point but honestly, is storrs much better? If were talking miami v cuse, i get it.

Reaction Score
if you told the nba story and didnt talk about syracuse would anyone notice? cowherd brought this up with kentucky

You talk like uconn has multiple hall of fame players. Do they have any? And the kentucky argument is ridiculous since kentucky has tons of talent in the nba making an impact, or was cowerd arguing for kentucky?

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm sure your current reputation and recruiting is significantly bolstered by having Rakeem Christmas with 19 games in two seasons with 8 minutes, 2.6 pts, 2.3 rbs, 0.1 as per game, Tyler Ennis in three seasons with 11.5 minutes, 3.6 pts, 1.2 rbs, 1.8 ast per game, Michael Gbinije in one season with 3.6 minutes, 0.4 pts, 0.3 rbs, 0.2 ast per game, Chris McCullough in two seasons with 11.2 minutes, 3.8 pts, 2.2 rbs, 0.3 ast per game, Arinze Onuaku in four seasons with 6.6 minutes, 1.8 pts, 1.8 rbs, 0.5 ast per game and Malachi Richardson in one season with 9 minutes, 3.6 pts, 1.0 rbs, 0.5 ast per game.

That's 6 guys who are totally insignificant. The worst for UConn is Shabazz Napier in 3 seasons with 13.5 minutes, 4.1 pts, 1.4 rbs, 1.9 assists.

Once again, not a strong argument for Syracuse being the better or more significant program.

Can we stop now?

Wasnt the argument. Argument was uconn has littered the nba with all stars and syracuse has jersey shore players (whatever that means). Simply not the case. Look at the post i responded to before changing the essence of the discussion.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Legit point but honestly, is storrs much better? If were talking miami v cuse, i get it.
before 2011 it was eh, but since then there has been so much development and investment into the area you barely recognize it and that's not including the basketball and football complexes and the new development for soccer, baseball, and football

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wasnt the argument. Argument was uconn has littered the nba with all stars and syracuse has jersey shore players (whatever that means). Simply not the case. Look at the post i responded to before changing the essence of the discussion.
OK - Fine. Let's look at a few more numbers concerning who is more significant in the NBA today - All stats are totals for 2016/2017:
UCONN Cuse
5 players 11 player
Minutes 6746 7104
Points 3721 3305
Rbs 1669 1149
Assists 640 574

So with 6 extra players and 358 extra minutes, Syracuse players in the NBA manage to score 416 fewer points, grab 520 fewer rebounds and dish 66 fewer assists.

UConn players average 21.8 minutes per game compared to Cuse players averaging 10.4 minutes per game.

Care to tell me who is more significant in the NBA again?

I can do this all day.

Reaction Score
against. i'll post the link

Some points (and i dislike kentucky a lot)
1. Theres only so many all time greats out there but it is odd kentucky doesnt have one
2. They have a ton of talent in the league who produce so not sure why cowerd is even bringing it up (i dislike cowerd)
3. Lots of the players are young so lets see how they pan out
4. Who does duke have? Kentucky isnt alone in this

That segment seems like work of a shock jock which seems like all radio personalities are these days.

Reaction Score
OK - Fine. Let's look at a few more numbers concerning who is more significant in the NBA today - All stats are totals for 2016/2017:
UCONN Cuse
5 players 11 player
Minutes 6746 7104
Points 3721 3305
Rbs 1669 1149
Assists 640 574

So with 6 extra players and 358 extra minutes, Syracuse players in the NBA manage to score 416 fewer points, grab 520 fewer rebounds and dish 66 fewer assists.

UConn players average 21.8 minutes per game compared to Cuse players averaging 10.4 minutes per game.

Care to tell me who is more significant in the NBA again?

I can do this all day.

Wow you still dont get it. Read my post once again and try being responsive. (Although those stats seems pretty similar...)

Just to be clear (because the reading comprehension seems to be an issue here), i was not saying cuse has better nba presence. I was saying uconn hasnt littered the nba with all stars while cuse littered with jersey shore players (again whatever that means). You change the argument because you know its not true.

Reaction Score
Wow you still dont get it. Read my post once again and try being responsive. (Although those stats seems pretty similar...)

Just to be clear (because the reading comprehension seems to be an issue here), i was not saying cuse has better nba presence. I was saying uconn hasnt littered the nba with all stars while cuse littered with jersey shore players (again whatever that means). You change the argument because you know its not true.

UCONN has slipped in their NBA presence. This argument would have been more valid between 5 and 10 years ago when UCONN had a better collection of NBA talent than all but 1 or 2 schools. Cuse has a bunch of dudes in the NBA which is impressive but you must admit, most are scrubs.

Reaction Score
UCONN has slipped in their NBA presence. This argument would have been more valid between 5 and 10 years ago when UCONN had a better collection of NBA talent than all but 1 or 2 schools. Cuse has a bunch of dudes in the NBA which is impressive but you must admit, most are scrubs.

Yea quite a few scrubs. No doubt. Its tough to make it in the league though so i feel the argument can be misleading.

Reaction Score
Yea quite a few scrubs. No doubt. Its tough to make it in the league though so i feel the argument can be misleading.

No doubt.

I'd be 100% ok if random schlubs on the internet called me a scrubs while I pocketed millions of dollars playing basketball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
uh, infinitely?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You talk like uconn has multiple hall of fame players. Do they have any? And the kentucky argument is ridiculous since kentucky has tons of talent in the nba making an impact, or was cowerd arguing for kentucky?

Ray Allen is a shoe in. The history doesn't go back far enough to yield multiple HOFers at this stage.

Reaction Score
I was saying uconn hasnt littered the nba with all stars...
It should surprise no one here to learn that you're wrong. Over the past quarter-century UConn has had six different representatives in the All-Star game, which is second to UK (7), is tied with Duke and is more than anyone else including UNC (5) and UCLA (5).

Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
I will give Hopkins some credit. He actually said he's leaving for Washington to relieve Boeheim of the pressure to retire. Seems like a classy thing to say after being used by Boeheim and Cuse.

Boeheim never intended to retire and Hopkins clearly knew it. The whole retirement and coach in waiting story was made up to lesson ncaa sanctions.

Looking back on the whole sequence of events is pathetic. Fab Melo is going to be ineligible so the Athletic department pulls some strings and makes him eligible. They get caught so Boeheim and Cuse make up the retirement nonsense hoping it will soften the blow. Just take your punishment. What a bunch of unprincipled fools.

Reaction Score
I will give Hopkins some credit. He actually said he's leaving for Washington to relieve Boeheim of the pressure to retire. Seems like a classy thing to say after being used by Boeheim and Cuse.

Boeheim never intended to retire and Hopkins clearly knew it. The whole retirement and coach in waiting story was made up to lesson ncaa sanctions.

Looking back on the whole sequence of events is pathetic. Fab Melo is going to be ineligible so the Athletic department pulls some strings and makes him eligible. They get caught so Boeheim and Cuse make up the retirement nonsense hoping it will soften the blow. Just take your punishment. What a bunch of unprincipled fools.

You mad?

Reaction Score
Ray Allen is a shoe in. The history doesn't go back far enough to yield multiple HOFers at this stage.

Ray allen for sure but thats it. Who else has a shot? I love rip as a player but does he have a shot? I thought he was on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score

rumors here in NE PA are that Scranton "legend" Gerry McNamara is next in line for team Tang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom