Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Reading over the thread today and seeing Boyle transfer rumors:
Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Reaction Score
Reading over the thread today and seeing Boyle transfer rumors:

There aren't any transfer rumors on this thread other than the one you just started, just a realistic discussion of what MIGHT take place down the road. A discussion that Boyle MIGHT be a flight risk IF Casey takes over the starting QB role for the next three years (which seems very possible) is not a rumor. As the saying goes, if you have two QB's you don't have any QB's, someone needs to take over and only one QB took a positive step forward in 2013 and fortunately for us that QB is also known to be an inspiring leader in the clubhouse which is an added bonus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There aren't any transfer rumors on this thread other than the one you just started, just a realistic discussion of what MIGHT take place down the road. A discussion that Boyle MIGHT be a flight risk IF Casey takes over the starting QB role for the next three years (which seems very possible) is not a rumor. As the saying goes, if you have two QB's you don't have any QB's, someone needs to take over and only one QB took a positive step forward in 2013 and fortunately for us that QB is also known to be an inspiring leader in the clubhouse which is an added bonus.

How many times ya gonna edit it?? :rolleyes:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm sure that Junglehusky meant "transfer talk" instead of "transfer rumors". Once you go beyond the semantics, he absolutely had nothing to do with starting it. Zero...

Reaction Score
Sound like you may be more afraid of an open competition @ QB than the actual players!

I'm not afraid of an open competition at all, and my only agenda is to see UCONN win. I was on this forum the day after the USF game saying great things about Boyle.

Let me make it clear what I am afraid of:

I'm afraid that a new, rookie coach will make a bad choice and the wrong QB will take his talents elsewhere, that's what I am afraid of.

Reaction Score
I'm sure that Junglehusky meant "transfer talk" instead of "transfer rumors". Once you go beyond the semantics, he absolutely had nothing to do with starting it. Zero...

There is actually a very big difference between a "discussion of possibilities" and "rumors". Rumors get started when someone takes a discussion out of context.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm not afraid of an open competition at all, and my only agenda is to see UCONN win. I was on this forum the day after the USF game saying great things about Boyle.

Let me make it clear what I am afraid of:

I'm afraid that a new, rookie coach will make a bad choice and the wrong QB will take his talents elsewhere, that's what I am afraid of.

You're generally a good dude, so I hate to call you out, but I feel like you're getting overly crazy for nothing. What part of the following quote (which you posted on page 1 of this thread) expresses your fear of the "wrong QB" taking his talents elsewhere:

"This alone has to make Boyle somewhat of a flight risk, it's hard not to see the handwriting on the wall, it's doubtful Casey is going to suddenly lose his football IQ and Marchi is also a tremendous talent. Boyle could land at a better spot than UMASS."

So, which part? Orange, blue, purple, or green? Because it sounds to me like you were quite confident on page 1 that Cochran will be chosen as the number 1 QB by Diaco, with all that handwriting on the wall and stuff...

(by the way, there is indeed a big difference between discussion and rumor, so maybe it's best to ask Junglehusky which one he meant...regardless, he didn't "start" either definition)

Reaction Score
You're generally a good dude, so I hate to call you out, but I feel like you're getting overly crazy for nothing. What part of the following quote (which you posted on page 1 of this thread) expresses your fear of the "wrong QB" taking his talents elsewhere:

"This alone has to make Boyle somewhat of a flight risk, it's hard not to see the handwriting on the wall, it's doubtful Casey is going to suddenly lose his football IQ and Marchi is also a tremendous talent. Boyle could land at a better spot than UMASS."

So, which part? Orange, blue, purple, or green? Because it sounds to me like you were quite confident on page 1 that Cochran will be chosen as the number 1 QB by Diaco, with all that handwriting on the wall and stuff...

(by the way, there is indeed a big difference between discussion and rumor, so maybe it's best to ask Junglehusky which one he meant...regardless, he didn't "start" either definition)

The person I responded to made a statement that Casey "looks like the starter for the next three years" which is a fairly reasonable opinion and he was wondering if TJ possibly going to UMASS could make Boyle follow him there if Casey is the starter here.

I guess it is the opinion of the internet police that I should have never responded to him with my honest opinion. Fair enough, I accept their verdict and won't discuss it anymore.

The handwriting on the wall is that Casey looked freaking awesome in his 4 game tryout and its doubtful he will regress, what is likely is that Casey will work hard and get even better. It seems to me that other people are afraid of discussing the obvious which is someone will likely leave, I just hope Diaco makes the right choice. My advice to Diaco would be to take special note that our line cannot pass protect very well and pick the QB who makes smart and quick decisions, moves the defense with his eyes and gets the ball out on time with pinpoint accuracy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cut through all of the bullspit and the semantics. Talking about transfers, in any way, is just bad form. Shouldn't do it. Period.

Reaction Score
Wow, it's 2014 and we're still crying about what CT HS Football coaches think and Amari Speivey? Good Grief.

UMass could hire Ed Orgeron and they would have trouble recruiting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, it's 2014 and we're still crying about what CT HS Football coaches think and Amari Speivey? Good Grief.

UMass could hire Ed Orgeron and they would have trouble recruiting.
If you think Marinan would welcome Ambrose into his school with open arms and steer his kids to UMass I have a bridge to sell you over the east river in NYC. I hope Ambrose takes the UMass job...let's see how good of a coach he is when he can't reload his program with FBS transfers.

Reaction Score
I think it's shortsighted to say that Ambrose solely rode the wave of probable NFL running back.

Towson was garbage when he took it over. They were one of the weakest CAA teams going, like URI bad. After a year or two of consolidation, he figured it out and they have been on an upwards trajectory ever since.

I think the guy has ambitions, and he can't afford to pass up opportunities. You can dismiss his performance all you want, say it was just about transfers etc.. But on the field he has been a proven winner. That win against EWU was just solid. If he is hired by UMass then they will have an instant uptick with a better football mind at the helm.

Reaction Score
If you think Marinan would welcome Ambrose into his school with open arms and steer his kids to UMass I have a bridge to sell you over the east river in NYC. I hope Ambrose takes the UMass job...let's see how good of a coach he is when he can't reload his program with FBS transfers.

If he is offering them a scholarship than that small time greaseball head coach needs to check his ego at the door. College coaches have a million HS coaches tryin to shove tape in their hands, sometimes oversights happen. Sometimes it's embarassing. Speivey ended up at Iowa it's not like he got shorted or something.

Reaction Score

him. Seriously. If Marinan's ego is that big........and he puts his own hurt feelings ahead of the kids he coaches, him.

Marinan did a save face follow up after the original flop with the Spievey story. There is a reason he did that. He sounded like a child.

Reaction Score
If he is offering them a scholarship than that small time greaseball head coach needs to check his ego at the door. College coaches have a million HS coaches tryin to shove tape in their hands, sometimes oversights happen. Sometimes it's embarassing. Speivey ended up at Iowa it's not like he got shorted or something.
If Ambrose is offering a kid a scholarship to a MAC school then the kid should have other scholarships available to him. Zoo I know you are a fan of Ambrose...but if he was such the messiah you are talking about he would have had a job already. If he really wants a job he should hold out...he would be heavily in the running to replace Edsall...only thing he would have to over come is comparisons to former Terp HC Mark Duffner.

Reaction Score
him. Seriously. If Marinan's ego is that big........and he puts his own hurt feelings ahead of the kids he coaches, him.

Marinan did a save face follow up after the original flop with the Spievey story. There is a reason he did that. He sounded like a child.
I felt the same way when I originally read that article...there are a LOT of CT HS coaches that have this attitude. But guys on here can't bitch and moan when a CT kid doesn't go to UCONN. But for a guy like him to try and mine this state as HC at UMass...he may have a hard time if the kid has other offers.

Reaction Score
I felt the same way when I originally read that article...there are a LOT of CT HS coaches that have this attitude. But guys on here can't bitch and moan when a CT kid doesn't go to UCONN. But for a guy like him to try and mine this state as HC at UMass...he may have a hard time if the kid has other offers.

Yeah and here's my stance..... the CT HS coaches. If Ambrose came here and had the success he had at Towson I couldn't care less if he was persona non grata in the CT HS circles.

Reaction Score
If Ambrose is offering a kid a scholarship to a MAC school then the kid should have other scholarships available to him. Zoo I know you are a fan of Ambrose...but if he was such the messiah you are talking about he would have had a job already. If he really wants a job he should hold out...he would be heavily in the running to replace Edsall...only thing he would have to over come is comparisons to former Terp HC Mark Duffner.

You are out of your mind. If he has a MAC offer then his next best offer could be anything from a P5 team to FCS to even Division II. There is no hard and fast rule.

I never said that he was a Messianic figure. I just said that he wins football games. Which is factual.

Reaction Score
Yeah and here's my stance..... the CT HS coaches. If Ambrose came here and had the success he had at Towson I couldn't care less if he was persona non grata in the CT HS circles.
And he didn't come here...but it seems like he is desperately trying to leave his alma mater though.

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy weighs in (love the Cheatin Coach Cal comment)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ss-football/8Zh7LNm9RkrxgumwLLZOkO/story.html

I liked this one more:

It’ll never work at UMass, and that is not UMass’s fault. Folks here simply don’t have an appetite for big-time college football. Ask former BC coach Tom Coughlin. Ask former BC coach Tom O’Brien. The 2007 BC Eagles, quarterbacked by Matt Ryan, were ranked second in the nation for two weeks. And hardly anybody noticed. Or cared.

Reaction Score
Reading over the thread today and seeing Boyle transfer rumors ... BOY THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY
No Shiite! Whether transfer topics are in the form of rumors, discussions, or other equivalent foolishness, it's really bizarre how a few people are so inexplicably inclined to openly initiate, enable, facilitate, expand on, etc. any such possibilities. 18-23 year old student-athletes have a right to their own decisions without people openly proposing they transfer, should consider transferring, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom