OT- UMass Fires Molnar | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT- UMass Fires Molnar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was kind of hoping for Ambrose, but maybe his success the last couple of years put him out of our price range. Whipple did lead us to a 1AA National Championship though, so getting him back may energize the fan and alumni base, something UMass desperately needs. Now if there really is a Santa Clause, Don Brown comes back with him to be the DC:)

No offense. But I think Ambrose could do better. Whipple might be able to generate some success. UMass is in a similar boat as what Buffalo was in before Turner Gill. Although Buffalo was probably in a better position resource wise.

Reaction Score
No offense. But I think Ambrose could do better. Whipple might be able to generate some success. UMass is in a similar boat as what Buffalo was in before Turner Gill. Although Buffalo was probably in a better position resource wise.

No offense taken...after the last couple of years Ambrose had, I'm fairly certain he can do better. Hopefully for him an offer comes soon because he might not maintain the level of success at Towson that he has lately.

Reaction Score
No offense taken...after the last couple of years Ambrose had, I'm fairly certain he can do better. Hopefully for him an offer comes soon because he might not maintain the level of success at Towson that he has lately.

I hope UMass finds a good coach. I hate seeing football programs struggle, unless its Rutgers or BC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would like to see them give TJ a shot
You know I do as well, even though I think that TJ would jump start their drive to respectability. I still believe he will be a good a HC for someone. His interim run at UConn no doubt gave him good incite into how shape a troubled program.

Reaction Score
You know I do as well, even though I think that TJ would jump start their drive to respectability. I still believe he will be a good a HC for someone. His interim run at UConn no doubt gave him good incite into how shape a troubled program.

TJ Weist would give them a fighting chance. Maybe more. I wasn't a "TJ Guy" when he took over, but from what I have seen he definitely knows how to run a program.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I hope UMass finds a good coach. I hate seeing football programs struggle, unless its Rutgers or BC.

You can add New York's College Team to that list too.

Reaction Score

Thanks.....I mentioned earlier in the thread that I believe UMass can be successful as soon as they establish their identity. I believe that identity should be as a solid MAC program playing back in Amherst. I happen to know that there is a second phase in the McGuirk plans that would lower the field to add seats and close in the other end zone with seats bringing it near 25,000. That, along with the training facility opening this fall would make UMass facility as good as any in the MAC.

From everything I've read about your new HC it sounds like UConn landed a good one. I'm glad for you guys and I wish you the best. May your days in the AAC be numbered!

Reaction Score
McDonnell is a buddy of Edsall who would send him players that didn't make the UConn list. His OC was Chip Kelly. I like him moving to UMass. He deserves to move up.

Reaction Score
MDC_Sports1:51pm via WordPress.com
Source: UNH football coach Sean McDonnell to meet with UMass about head coaching position
http://dailycollegiansports.com/201...meet-with-umass-about-head-coaching-position/

Guess it was only unilateral interest... http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140108/SPORTS22/140109342&source=RSS

"Scarano said on Wednesday night that UMass reached out to McDonnell earlier in the week and invited him to interview for the position. The AD, the coach and UNH president Mark Huddleston had discussions over a couple of days and in the end McDonnell declined the offer to interview, Scarano said."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Guessing Whipple was a smokescreen to drive interest or did he pass too??

JFowlerCBS1:27pm via Web
Louisville RBs/special teams coordinator Kenny Carter interviewed with UMass today, per source. Also expected to speak with Strong about UT

Reaction Score
If I am UMass, I would be looking hard at TJ Weist.
Yup. He sounds like a HC, and a dude willing to take on all challenges, not an excuse maker. I'm thrilled with Diaco, think TJ will be a good HC somewhere.

Reaction Score
UMass is going to have to go deep on their depth chart for this hire. This is not a great gig right now. If you were Ambrose, would you take this job? I wouldn't.

Reaction Score
He just signed an extension with Towson till
UMass is going to have to go deep on their depth chart for this hire. This is not a great gig right now. If you were Ambrose, would you take this job? I wouldn't.
2020...my guess he replaces his former boss at Maryland after next season.

Reaction Score

I agree.

FDNY is right about Randy being on thin ice, Ambrose will get serious consideration with the Maryland gig if it opens up again.

Reaction Score
I agree.

FDNY is right about Randy being on thin ice, Ambrose will get serious consideration with the Maryland gig if it opens up again.
VERY good landing spot for him...he would do a good job there..he has TONS of recruiting contacts in MD and the Balt/DC metro area...

Reaction Score
Blauds saying Whipple and Don Brown are the front runners for the UMass job:
@blauds5m
UMass closing in on new FB coach. Whipple and Don Brown regarded as front runners with a decision in next few days. http://ajerseyguy.com

If Brown gets this job..it will be a pretty big hit for Addazio.

Reaction Score
@blauds5m
UMass closing in on new FB coach. Whipple and Don Brown regarded as front runners with a decision in next few days. http://ajerseyguy.com

Hire Brown for HC and let him make Whipple his offensive coordinator. That was easy.

Reaction Score
@blauds5m

Wow...would it ever! It's still a big IF...but if so, just one year at BCU? We all know it's Brown's 2nd year with a program when his defense really thrives...big hit indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom