OT- UMass Fires Molnar | The Boneyard

OT- UMass Fires Molnar

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It took them until today, about a month after their season ended, to determine that they should fire their coach? Uhh...

In a UConn twist, think HCBD has any interest in Molnar as an OC? They're chums from their time at ND together as coordinators.

Edit- Ironically enough, coachingsearch.com lists Don Brown and Mark Whipple as prospective candidates.

Reaction Score
Would like to see them give TJ a shot
First thing that came to mind was Weist getting that gig... I think he'd do great there... He showed me (at least) that he's more than capable as a HC...
My second thought was Molnar coming to Storrs to run our offense...

Reaction Score
ND OC position still open as well. Some times you get a chance to take a mulligan for a bad career move.

Reaction Score
Would like to see them give TJ a shot

That would be something, they could grab our entire 2013 coaching staff. Not an easy place to succeed at but I would assume TJ would take it. He'd look like a genius if he ever got to 6 wins.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Reaction Score
That would be something, they could grab our entire 2013 coaching staff.

If that's the case, I hope it's the 2013 opening week coaching staff. Let them have PGDL.

Reaction Score
That would be something, they could grab our entire 2013 coaching staff. Not an easy place to succeed at but I would assume TJ would take it. He'd look like a genius if he ever got to 6 wins.

If Weist got the job, would that put boyle in jeopardy at UCONN?
Right now, Casey looks like QB1 for the next three years.

Based on their record, I'm assuming their offensive line was marginal at best. However, are there any transfers/recruits (regardless of position) worth targeting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Righ now, Casey looks like QB1 for the next three years.

This alone has to make Boyle somewhat of a flight risk, it's hard not to see the handwriting on the wall, it's doubtful Casey is going to suddenly lose his football IQ and Marchi is also a tremendous talent. Boyle could land at a better spot than UMASS.

Reaction Score
This alone has to make Boyle somewhat of a flight risk, it's hard not to see the handwriting on the wall, it not like Casey is going to suddenly lose his football IQ. Boyle could land at a better spot than UMASS.

True....however, he could put up big number in the MAC. Assuming he transfers, i'm guessing he has only two years left. I would think if he transfers, he will want to start immediately.

Reaction Score
True....however, he could put up big number in the MAC. Assuming he transfers, i'm guessing he has only two years left. With his physical skills, he could domiate the MAC.

He would sit a year and could play three.

Reaction Score
In a UConn twist, think HCBD has any interest in Molnar as an OC? They're chums from their time at ND together as coordinators.
Sure, if one season makes for chum status. Even at Notre Dame, there were some suggestions Charley Molnar purportedly ran Brian Kelly's plays much of the time versus dictating the offensive play calls. Despite a grand total of 2 UMess wins and suggestions of other factors weighing in on their month-too late action, but what part of Charley Molnar projects as likeable or impressive more than unsuccessful, used car salesman?

Reaction Score
Sure, if one season makes for chum status. Even at Notre Dame, there were some suggestions Charley Molnar purportedly ran Brian Kelly's plays much of the time versus dictating the offensive play calls. Despite a grand total of 2 UMess wins and suggestions of other factors weighing in on their month-too late action, but what part of Charley Molnar projects as likeable or impressive more than unsuccessful, used car salesman?

I want no part of Molnar as OC here. None. Nada. Zilch.

Reaction Score
This alone has to make Boyle somewhat of a flight risk, it's hard not to see the handwriting on the wall, it's doubtful Casey is going to suddenly lose his football IQ and Marchi is also a tremendous talent. Boyle could land at a better spot than UMASS.

If Boyle does not realize that Casey is one play away from being on the sideline (God forbid an injury), then Boyle is not too bright. He also should be confident enough in his abilities to believe he will show the new coaching staff he is the better QB.

Only QB's from Texas are afraid of competition.

Reaction Score
If Boyle does not realize that Casey is one play away from being on the sideline (God forbid an injury), then Boyle is not too bright. He also should be confident enough in his abilities to believe he will show the new coaching staff he is the better QB.

Only QB's from Texas are afraid of competition.

All true, but whoever loses the battle is a flight risk, that's just the way it always works with QB's at every school not just ours. The QB position is always a game of musical chairs. We have seen plenty of transfers in and transfers out.

It makes me nauseous to think that the Cochran era would just be four games, so I prefer to ponder the alternative.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Yeah, I was more or less being facetious with the chum comment. We are clearly not hiring him as the OC posting already came out and was specific to the person who we have obviously already hired.

Other than reporting his firing, the OP was meant more as a tongue-in-cheek post, as an overwhelming amount of my posts are.

Reaction Score
All true, but whoever loses the battle is a flight risk, that's just the way it always works with QB's at every school not just ours. The QB position is always a game of musical chairs.

At UConn it ALWAYS is.

Reaction Score
OT: At what point in time, did discussing potential transfers transition from being discouraged to verboten on the Boneyard to something welcome, or even bordering on remotely reasonable? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom