OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT

Reaction Score
I have to say, the Patch, Niche and this thread that resulted from them have outperformed all reasonable expectations. I got the e-mail, read the article and posted it within maybe three minutes total time, thinking it was something that might garner some comment. Neither Niche nor the Patch are known for journalistic or statistical integrity, so I didn't put much stock in it.

I certainly had no idea it would trigger some of our most fiery denizens in so many ways.

This is the Boneyard summer thread of 2018 front runner.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Perhaps it was the women protesting.
After the protest failed, they went to Shipee.

Not according to the articles. It was the men protesting they weren't going to be able to be as rowdy because women would be around.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Holy lolz, forgot about that psycho.

I'm on my way to Manhattan to see them this afternoon .

Scott is my dude - I’ve gone to a few Mike Gordon shows but I’m not a die hard, I just know him personally he’s a great guy.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We were elite when I was there in 83-88. Top notch. I think it stayed that way into the early 90's.
I remember one of the fraternities hosted MTV in the early 1990s. I was at a party. Blast!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Holy lolz, forgot about that psycho.

I'm on my way to Manhattan to see them this afternoon .
Didn't you play with them for a while?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Do they still put big black stars and dates on doors of people who puked after "partying" in UConn dorms?
Nothing more embarrassing than being an RA in the Jungle with your residents putting puke stars on your door. Not that it happened to me...a friend of mine.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This was the exact answer I had in mind when I posed the question.

@JMick might be too young for the reference. It isn't Avicii or Calvin Harris or somebody only people under 30 have heard of.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do a bunch of adults care about rankings related to drinking for 18 to 22 year olds? This stopped mattering, oh, around 22...23 tops. No?

Reaction Score
Why do a bunch of adults care about rankings related to drinking for 18 to 22 year olds? This stopped mattering, oh, around 22...23 tops. No?
I just feel bad for current students. I'm a firm believer that the college experience is just as important as the educational component. For many, the party scene is an integral component of the college experience.

Reaction Score
It isn't necessary to be a top 10 party school but sneaking into the top 100 as a 4star party school should be the goal.

Reaction Score
I believe in UConn students' ability to be generally not-sober.

Something tells me that rumors of UConn turning into BYU have been exaggerated slightly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We were elite when I was there in 83-88. Top notch. I think it stayed that way into the early 90's.

I was 84-89. Great parties, including MTV filming Spring Weekend live two years in a row. Great lineup of concerts as well. Southside Johnny freshman year on the quad was an absolute blast. We even had keg night freshman year in the Towers common area.

Learned every bit as much about life and people through all of that, as I did sitting in class. Kids today are dramatically less self sufficient than I was back then. I have to believe that they need college every bit as much for life skills as for whatever they get in the classroom. They need to drop the drinking age to 18 for people with college IDs if they are on campus residents and drink on or walking distance (Ted's, Huskies etc.) from campus. Learning to deal with that in a relatively safe environment is important.
Edit: fixed a typo

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was 84-99. Great parties, including MTV filming Spring Weekend live two years in a row. Great lineup of concerts as well. Southside Johnny freshman year on the quad was an absolute blast. We even had keg night freshman year in the Towers common area.

Learned every bit as much about life and people through all of that, as I did sitting in class. Kids today are dramatically less self sufficient than I was back then. I have to believe that they need college every bit as much for life skills as for whatever they get in the classroom. They need to drop the drinking age to 18 for people with college IDs if they are on campus residents and drink on or walking distance (Ted's, Huskies etc.) from campus. Learning to deal with that in a relatively safe environment is important.
15 years of college down the drain.

Reaction Score
I was 84-99. Great parties, including MTV filming Spring Weekend live two years in a row. Great lineup of concerts as well. Southside Johnny freshman year on the quad was an absolute blast. We even had keg night freshman year in the Towers common area.

15 years of college down the drain.

"I won't leave till we win a national championship!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom