OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT | The Boneyard

OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT

Reaction Score
I feel we did much better than this. Kids today; they don't commit.
you can't throw parties anymore without the threat of arrest and huge monetary fines. you can't party if you want to

#thankssusan

Reaction Score
Sad.... lost our mojo... How do I explain this to my kids?
Why do you think students don't like Susan? You can get fined $250 for walking with too large a group of people

Reaction Score
Seriously?
yes. And, if you're throwing a party, the first fine is $250/resident. 2nd is $500, 3rd is $750 and 4th is $1000. The landlord also starts getting fined starting the 2nd time and they can evict you if they want to.

you can also be fined if the cars in your driveway are not registered with the town and aren't parked in the towns "designated parking spaces." Someone from the town drives around and hands out tickets if you aren't parked "properly" in your driveway or if a car is found in the driveway overnight that isn't registered to the home.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
yes. And, if you're throwing a party, the first fine is $250/resident. 2nd is $500, 3rd is $750 and 4th is $1000. The landlord also starts getting fined starting the 2nd time and they can evict you if they want to.

you can also be fined if the cars in your driveway are not registered with the town and aren't parked in the towns "designated parking spaces." Someone from the town drives around and hands out tickets if you aren't parked "properly" in your driveway or if a car is found in the driveway overnight that isn't registered to the home.

Puking on someone else's mailbox isn't a constitutional right bruh

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
your town ruined UConn. I hope the next President and Governor annex Storrs from Mansfield

No, entitled Fairfield County brats whose parents did terrible jobs raising them ruined both the town and UConn.

Why are you complaining about those fines anyhow? The spoiled dolts who don't know how to act use $100 bills to wipe their behinds.

None of you are even working and making the university look good after graduating, your dads just handed you jobs. Entitled babies who've never had to work for anything.

Reaction Score
No, entitled Fairfield County brats whose parents did terrible jobs raising them ruined both the town and UConn.

Why are you complaining about those fines anyhow? The spoiled dolts who don't know how to act use $100 bills to wipe their behinds.

None of you are even working and making the university look good after graduating, your dads just handed you jobs. Entitled babies who've never had to work for anything.
you don't even go there. you have no idea what you're talking about. if anyone melts about this, it's you. the types of people you're talking about don't even go to UConn for the most part. They're at small private schools that cost $50,000/year (ahem, Quinnipiac). You know who's fault this really is? all the people in this thread talking about how hard they used to party and all the stuff they used to get into. The new laws didn't come out of nowhere. It was all the destruction in the 80s and 90s that led the town to pass ordinances and increase policing.

I'm glad you think it's reasonable to go onto private property and ticket someone because you don't like how their car was parked in the driveway. Or that cops can roll up on a group of 10 people walking down the street and threaten them with fines if they don't disperse.

instead you're just a stupid NIMBY who wants to have their cake and eat it too. There are consequences to living in a college town. That's what you have to deal with to get all the benefits.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You know who's fault this really is? all the people in this thread talking about how hard they used to party and all the stuff they used to get into. The new laws didn't come out of nowhere. It was all the destruction in the 80s and 90s that led the town to pass ordinances and increase policing.

sorry-for-partying-674601.jpg

Reaction Score
you two. To the Octagon and be done with it.
student/townie feuds are a tale as old as time. usually students get support from the President but Susan didn't deem it important. Her agenda was get rid of the party school reputation and remove the focus from athletics. she has succeeded wonderfully. Can't wait until she's gone and the students get an advocate

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
you don't even go there. you have no idea what you're talking about. if anyone melts about this, it's you. the types of people you're talking about don't even go to UConn for the most part. They're at small private schools that cost $50,000/year (ahem, Quinnipiac). You know who's fault this really is? all the people in this thread talking about how hard they used to party and all the stuff they used to get into. The new laws didn't come out of nowhere. It was all the destruction in the 80s and 90s that led the town to pass ordinances and increase policing.

I'm glad you think it's reasonable to go onto private property and ticket someone because you don't like how their car was parked in the driveway. Or that cops can roll up on a group of 10 people walking down the street and threaten them with fines if they don't disperse.

instead you're just a stupid NIMBY who wants to have their cake and eat it too. There are consequences to living in a college town. That's what you have to deal with to get all the benefits.

Between the two of us, I'm the only one enrolled in a UConn program at present, so I have plenty more skin in the game than you. I don't have numbers with me, but anyone currently in admissions will tell you there's been a huge increase in interest from the wealthiest areas of the state now that UConn's prestige has increased has gone up. Is it a coincidence that renter behavior got the point where action had to be taken just as the student body began drawing more people from entitled backgrounds? You tell me. I see the numbskulls who accost town officials in public forums and spout BS like "counting cars parked outside residences is triggering to sexual assault survivors." They're dressed like they came straight from a Vineyard Vines catalog photo shoot.

Bottom line, if you think UConn is "ruined" because you weren't able to do what the people in the 80s and 80s did, you don't understand what college is. And if I'm unreasonable for thinking you shouldn't be able to treat the entire town as your private puke pit, then so be it. We don't have to deal with college-aged students acting like toddlers. If you're going to move off campus, then grow up and be an adult.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Can't wait until she's gone and the students get an advocate

Psssst it's not incumbent on the president to make snowflake students feel welcome. Rush a frat, join a club, get a girlfriend, or something.

Reaction Score
Between the two of us, I'm the only one enrolled in a UConn program at present, so I have plenty more skin in the game than you. I don't have numbers with me, but anyone currently in admissions will tell you there's been a huge increase in interest from the wealthiest areas of the state now that UConn's prestige has increased has gone up. Is it a coincidence that renter behavior got the point where action had to be taken just as the student body began drawing more people from entitled backgrounds? You tell me. I see the numbskulls who accost town officials in public forums and spout BS like "counting cars parked outside residences is triggering to sexual assault survivors." They're dressed like they came straight from a Vineyard Vines catalog photo shoot.

Bottom line, if you think UConn is "ruined" because you weren't able to do what the people in the 80s and 80s did, you don't understand what college is. And if I'm unreasonable for thinking you shouldn't be able to treat the entire town as your private puke pit, then so be it. We don't have to deal with college-aged students acting like toddlers. If you're going to move off campus, then grow up and be an adult.
you couldn't be more off base. the campus has done nothing but become more tame over time. Even in 2010 before the ordinance was passed everything was dying down. I guaranfckingtee you that students over the last decade were better behaved than their 80s and 90s counterparts. It didn't "get so bad" that they had to do something about it. It was getting better and they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

The President and Governor need to make Storrs its own municipality. It would solve all the issues and get you NIMBY's out of the way.

College kids drink and party. Get over it. Your town gets jobs, lower home prices and more amenities because of UConn. Instead of being grateful you pretend you're not living in a college town and throw temper tantrums because you had to pick up half a dozen beer cans on Saturday morning. The town would be just another economically depressed area with a heroin epidemic if it wasn't for UConn. Be thankful you're picking up some cans and cups instead of cleaning up needles.

Mansfield residents are the morons that move next to an airport or race track and start a petition to shut it down because the noise bothers them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom