OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT

Reaction Score
Need to get it together. Balance: fun, athletics, safety. Work it out. I’m 44 and I still head to campus for some fun with the wife and kids once or twice a year. Let’s get real. Wisconsin and UMich are fun as F. What is wrong with CT?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
you couldn't be more off base. the campus has done nothing but become more tame over time. Even in 2010 before the ordinance was passed everything was dying down. I guaranfckingtee you that students over the last decade were better behaved than their 80s and 90s counterparts. It didn't "get so bad" that they had to do something about it. It was getting better and they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

It's funny you're using "better" given how nostalgic you seem like you are for those days.

The President and Governor need to make Storrs its own municipality. It would solve all the issues and get you NIMBY's out of the way.

You really shouldn't speak about what you don't know. NIMBYs have not been making decisions since the turn of the 21st century - the town actually revolted against them. It's not a coincidence that both development of the town (community center, Storrs Center) and UConn (Discovery Drive) has been way up ever since then. You owe us for pushing this forward and making Storrs a more habitable place for all of us.

College kids drink and party. Get over it.

Nope. Your college bubble doesn't extend to private neighborhoods and other people's property. That's not how the world works.

lower home prices and more amenities because of UConn.

Lmfao you're trying to spin lower property values as a plus? Hunting Lodge wouldn't look out of place in rural West Virginia, and the real estate market in the surrounding area is extremely depressed as a result.

The town would be just another economically depressed area with a heroin epidemic if it wasn't for UConn. Be thankful you're picking up some cans and cups instead of cleaning up needles.

Not even close.

Mansfield residents are the morons that move next to an airport or race track and start a petition to shut it down because the noise bothers them

FFC renters are the morons that come into residential neighborhoods and drive race cars because they think they literally own the entire area. There's a reason I use "entitlement" so often. When you step off campus, it's not yours.

Reaction Score
It's funny you're using "better" given how nostalgic you seem like you are for those days.

You really shouldn't speak about what you don't know. NIMBYs have not been making decisions since the turn of the 21st century - the town actually revolted against them. It's not a coincidence that both development of the town (community center, Storrs Center) and UConn (Discovery Drive) has been way up ever since then. You owe us for pushing this forward and making Storrs a more habitable place for all of us.

Nope. Your college bubble doesn't extend to private neighborhoods and other people's property. That's not how the world works.

Lmfao you're trying to spin lower property values as a plus? Hunting Lodge wouldn't look out of place in rural West Virginia, and the real estate market in the surrounding area is extremely depressed as a result.

Not even close.

FFC renters are the morons that come into residential neighborhoods and drive race cars because they think they literally own the entire area. There's a reason I use "entitlement" so often. When you step off campus, it's not yours.
If you stupid townies didn't join forces with the police and susan and shut down hunting lodge road, carriage and celeron then everything would have been contained to one area like it was for decades. Instead, you worked with the police to heavily enforce the road and UConn pushed Celeron and Carriage to shut themselves down to visitors which resulted in kids renting slightly further off campus.

Your town has no foresight whatsoever. A bunch of idiots making stupid decisions. If anyone is entitled it's the townies. You have access to jobs, restaurants, arts and activities that would never exist if it weren't for the school.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If you stupid townies didn't join forces with the police and susan and shut down hunting lodge road, carriage and celeron then everything would have been contained to one area like it was for decades. Instead, you worked with the police to heavily enforce the road and UConn pushed Celeron and Carriage to shut themselves down to visitors which resulted in kids renting slightly further off campus.

Your town has no foresight whatsoever. A bunch of idiots making stupid decisions. If anyone is entitled it's the townies. You have access to jobs, restaurants, arts and activities that would never exist if it weren't for the school.

I think it's actually the fault of the entitled kids who behave inappropriately. Stop blaming other people and take responsibility.

Being grateful for a) the university and b) disrespectful brats who think every square inch of the town is their binge drinking space are two completely separate things. I have no idea why you continue to conflate them.

And no, the university isn't responsible for development of the area. The town is. We did that. You owe us.

Reaction Score
I think it's actually the fault of the entitled kids who behave inappropriately. Stop blaming other people and take responsibility.

Being grateful for a) the university and b) disrespectful brats who think every square inch of the town is their binge drinking space are two completely separate things. I have no idea why you continue to conflate them.

And no, the university isn't responsible for development of the area. The town is. We did that. You owe us.

Your parents are the idiots that decided to move into a college town. If you move next to a volcano don't be surprised when it errupts. The school has been there longer than any resident. It'll be there long after they're all dead, too. This idea that only rich kids from fairfield county party is the stupidest argument you've ever made.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Your parents are the idiots that decided to move into a college town. If you move next to a volcano don't be surprised when it errupts. The school has been there longer than any resident. It'll be there long after they're all dead, too. This idea that only rich kids from fairfield county party is the stupidest argument you've ever made.

There shouldn't even be a volcano. Renters should know how to behave. It's called being adults.

Reaction Score
No, entitled Fairfield County brats whose parents did terrible jobs raising them ruined both the town and UConn.

Why are you complaining about those fines anyhow? The spoiled dolts who don't know how to act use $100 bills to wipe their behinds.

None of you are even working and making the university look good after graduating, your dads just handed you jobs. Entitled babies who've never had to work for anything.
Clueless

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I get it now. You never got invited to parties in high school or college.

Plenty in college. I just knew how to act. I multiple had HS classmates at UConn and Eastern who've been arrested for punching cops at parties the past couple of years. Some people know how to behave and some don't.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
you couldn't be more off base. the campus has done nothing but become more tame over time. Even in 2010 before the ordinance was passed everything was dying down. I guaranfckingtee you that students over the last decade were better behaved than their 80s and 90s counterparts. It didn't "get so bad" that they had to do something about it. It was getting better and they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

The President and Governor need to make Storrs its own municipality. It would solve all the issues and get you NIMBY's out of the way.

College kids drink and party. Get over it. Your town gets jobs, lower home prices and more amenities because of UConn. Instead of being grateful you pretend you're not living in a college town and throw temper tantrums because you had to pick up half a dozen beer cans on Saturday morning. The town would be just another economically depressed area with a heroin epidemic if it wasn't for UConn. Be thankful you're picking up some cans and cups instead of cleaning up needles.

Mansfield residents are the morons that move next to an airport or race track and start a petition to shut it down because the noise bothers them

This is really the only point in this argument that matters. I can’t wrap my head around people who buy homes in Mansfield and are then shocked and appalled there’s a university in town.

Reaction Score
This is really the only point in this argument that matters. I can’t wrap my head around people who buy homes in Mansfield and are then shocked and appalled there’s a university in town.
yeah instead of weighing the pros and cons they want to play victim and ignore all of the good things the university provides

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
$250 fine for not asking for permission to speak to a resident of the town of Mansfield

You don't even live here. You can spout off here all you want, but your opinion really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Why should we base our decisions off of people on the other side of the state?

Reaction Score
You don't even live here. You can spout off here all you want, but your opinion really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Why should we base our decisions off of people on the other side of the state?
$250 fine for moving away from Storrs.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
$250 fine for moving away from Storrs.

Town maintenance workers need to be paid. That's what happens when student renters don't clean up after themselves.

Reaction Score
Town maintenance workers need to be paid. That's what happens when student renters don't clean up after themselves.
That's why littering is illegal. collect fines for littering. You can't honestly tell me that you find it reasonable that the town decides how cars are allowed to be parked at rental properties?

If you want to save some money, fire the loser who drives around cross referencing license plate numbers to make sure only 3 people are living in a 5 bedroom house.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
No, entitled Fairfield County brats whose parents did terrible jobs raising them ruined both the town and UConn.

Why are you complaining about those fines anyhow? The spoiled dolts who don't know how to act use $100 bills to wipe their behinds.

None of you are even working and making the university look good after graduating, your dads just handed you jobs. Entitled babies who've never had to work for anything.

Is this how jelly fam works? Sound jelly to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom