OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn 447th best party school in US; 7th in CT

Reaction Score
Need to get it together. Balance: fun, athletics, safety. Work it out. I’m 44 and I still head to campus for some fun with the wife and kids once or twice a year.
Um. Just to clarify. Your kids?

Reaction Score
Well, I'm not sure what campus is like now, but in 86, when I got on campus, they had just banned kegs in dorms for the first time.
This is like life in general - everything needs to be balanced. We have two polemics going at it here on this issue. Free-for-All like it was when I had a drunk guy pissing in my window 1st week of school in the Jungle and furniture being burned in the Quad should not be acceptable. Nor should micromanagment of students to create snowflake-proof zones.

Stainmaster's constant references to "entitled" rich kids from FFC reveal a lot about him, really.

When I was at UConn, we had plenty of destructive students - from all over. Funny thing is, I was the only one from FFC on my floor (albeit Danbury!!), and I wasn't a partier.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stainmaster's constant references to "entitled" rich kids from FFC reveal a lot about him, really.

And the fact that your threads get nuked from the Cesspool for being too racist for that place reveals a lot about you.

Reaction Score
And the fact that your threads get nuked from the Cesspool for being too racist for that place reveals a lot about you.
Actually, it says a lot about you, snowflake, and the general intolerance of anything that snowflakes find unpleasant.

Reaction Score
I dont really know about this list. Im scrolling through and #87 is University of the Arts. Cmon, a school with the majority of its students being theatre or dance majors is ahead of schools like UCF, VA Tech, Purdue etc? Nothing against theatre or dance majors but most of them are not necessarily the “partying type.” Especially over these schools lol.

Reaction Score
I dont really know about this list. Im scrolling through and #87 is University of the Arts. Cmon, a school with the majority of its students being theatre or dance majors is ahead of schools like UCF, VA Tech, Purdue etc? Nothing against theatre or dance majors but most of them are not necessarily the “partying type.” Especially over these schools lol.
Hey man, "partying" can mean many things to many people

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Honestly that’s good. College isn’t for spending your parents saving blowing lines and doing keg stands. I’d rather have a school with a good reputation

because.....?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is sad. I had some awesome times at UConn during my time there, and it is depressing to see how lame the school is now.

If it was up to me, I would move the whole school to downtown Hartford, and turn the Storrs campus into a Super Max. It would help Hartford, and the city wouldn't give a spit what the kids did as long as no one was getting shot. It would also serve the Mansfield community right for decades of duechebaggery.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
This is sad. I had some awesome times at UConn during my time there, and it is depressing to see how lame the school is now.

If it was up to me, I would move the whole school to downtown Hartford, and turn the Storrs campus into a Super Max. It would help Hartford, and the city wouldn't give a spit what the kids did as long as no one was getting shot. It would also serve the Mansfield community right for decades of duechebaggery.

Decades of gery - are you describing your adolescence?

Reaction Score
I’m a liberal. And that’s too damn liberal. I’m calling shenanigans on this poll. Where’s the classic playboy ranking?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Actually, it says a lot about you, snowflake, and the general intolerance of anything that snowflakes find unpleasant.

Which of your parents was the hate-filled racist? Dad Ivy, Mom Ivy, or both? Regardless, they sure did mold you into a terrible human being.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So all this talk of partying reminded me of what may have been my favorite, spring weekend 1980. It was a blast, with Max Creek killing it in the quad, games during the day and parties in every dorm at night. It also was the weekend of the infamous End of the World party.

Good times.

(FWIW, raising the drinking age to 21 is what drove the parties off campus. Not that I didn't to off campus, but it was less frequent since there we always parties on campus, and a lot of them.)

Reaction Score
So all this talk of partying reminded me of what may have been my favorite, spring weekend 1980. It was a blast, with Max Creek killing it in the quad, games during the day and parties in every dorm at night. It also was the weekend of the infamous End of the World party.

Good times.

(FWIW, raising the drinking age to 21 is what drove the parties off campus. Not that I didn't to off campus, but it was less frequent since there we always parties on campus, and a lot of them.)

Stowe's End of the World party was Spring 1979. Mann Students Face ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Campus Rampage

Alum reflects on 1979 ‘End of the World Party’

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Good times.

Max Creek?!?!

This is so funny to me, for a few reasons. I know those guys but have otherwise very little connection to anything MA or CT.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's funny you're using "better" given how nostalgic you seem like you are for those days.

You really shouldn't speak about what you don't know. NIMBYs have not been making decisions since the turn of the 21st century - the town actually revolted against them. It's not a coincidence that both development of the town (community center, Storrs Center) and UConn (Discovery Drive) has been way up ever since then. You owe us for pushing this forward and making Storrs a more habitable place for all of us.

Nope. Your college bubble doesn't extend to private neighborhoods and other people's property. That's not how the world works.

Lmfao you're trying to spin lower property values as a plus? Hunting Lodge wouldn't look out of place in rural West Virginia, and the real estate market in the surrounding area is extremely depressed as a result.

Not even close.

FFC renters are the morons that come into residential neighborhoods and drive race cars because they think they literally own the entire area. There's a reason I use "entitlement" so often. When you step off campus, it's not yours.

Mansfield NIMBYs have held back transformational projects that would have had major positive impact on the state. It’s ironic you mention enterprise drive, because that’s where one of them should have gone.

Bless you for thinking Mansfield should win the Nobel prize for giving up a minuscule amount of land that was occupied by a bank branch and other unmemorable sprawl.

Any property value concerns should be addressed with several landowners who seem very content taking their rent money and not investing in their property. They’ve been milking students for literally decades, and often openly ignoring the precious Mansfield regulations.

Did some girl from Stamford turn you down, or something? So much rage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom