OT: The Open | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Great playing today. Thought the telecast was really bad. Didn't have the top of the leaderboard up enough, didn't really give enough on "this guy needs to this to win." Just my opinion, and I wasn't watching every shot, but just seemed really uninformative. Day and Spieth make the sport much more watchable for me. Fun to watch young players.
Yeah - ESPN hasn't learned how to do golf well yet. Interviews and commercials when players in contention were finishing up yesterday. Lots of flubs like 'He's one behind the leader' when he's two back. Some seriously uncomfortable sentences not coming out of the mouth and brain correctly.

Johnny Miller may cold, overly critical and generally negative, but he knows the game. The rest of the CBS crew are the best at announcing golf. And CBS is the best at producing the broadcast. ESPN shouldn't have wasted the resources to get into golf.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Spieth is going to hunt down and kill whoever had the cell phone that went off before his approach shot on 18.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Spieth is going to hunt down and kill whoever had the cell phone that went off before his approach shot on 18.
I think he'll be too busy replaying the first putt on 8 in his mind over and over and over.... Horrible thing to go to sleep to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think he'll be too busy replaying the first putt on 8 in his mind over and over and over.... Horrible thing to go to sleep to.
I haven't seen that yet; only heard about it. I was out for a lunch meeting and just got back in time to watch him and Day on the 18th, and then see Oosthuizen do exactly what they needed to do.

Reaction Score
I want Leishman to win, his only win on tour is the Travelers. It would mean a whole heck of a lot for him to win the big one.

Reaction Score
I want Leishman to win, his only win on tour is the Travelers. It would mean a whole heck of a lot for him to win the big one.

I think he's done after the bogey on the first hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom