OT: The Open | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he just has to play more. Has to forget about his ego and show up at the Travelers type tournaments. You can only do so much work on the range
My thoughts exactly... he needs to restart the Karma. He has a lot to atone for.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good point about his injuries, I didn't consider that. Is he making money playing golf? Sure he has it to spend, but if he's losing (and spending) money playing golf he's technically not a professional anymore. Perhaps he is done, I don't see him catching the field. Winning solves all of this, but I'm just saying minor tournaments is his best chance.

Makes a ton in endorsements, so is def a professional.

Reaction Score
If he thought that playing minors would help him win Majors, he would.
I'm pretty comfortable that if he thought eating raw mealy worms would help him win a major, his chefs would be figuring out ways to make them simply irresistible - maybe on a bed of al dente linguini with a light fontonaise sauce.
The reason he's not playing more is almost certainly because he knows that his body can't take it. If he plays at more minors and gets hurt, then he doesnt' play the majors. Tough spot to be in, but "2nd greatest career of all time" and "best golfer in his prime" are pretty nice titles.
My opinion is that Tiger is done and won't do didly on the senior tour either - it's a combination of shot mind and shot body.
What is a light fontonaise sauce?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Makes a ton in endorsements, so is def a professional.

According to golf digest he made 51 million last year and 1.3 BILLION career to date.

But yeah he's losing money playing golf...

Reaction Score
I'm about to go play glow ball. I wonder how these guys would make out not being able to see their club head. I just think it will be easier to find my ball in the woods now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
According to golf digest he made 51 million last year and 1.3 BILLION career to date.

But yeah he's losing money playing golf...

Insane. $1.3 billion for knocking a white ball around some grass.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm about to go play glow ball. I wonder how these guys would make out not being able to see their club head. I just think it will be easier to find my ball in the woods now.

I'm amazing at glow golf.

Reaction Score
Jordan Spieth going 5 under through 10 holes to put himself tied for the lead at the British Open. Holy good God this guy is the real deal. I mean, I was hoping that he'd make a run, just to make it interesting, but the guy has "it," and by "it" I mean, he gets better as the shots get bigger. He's quickly becoming a phenom. Hope he can be in the running tomorrow! I'll watch.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is just going to be awesome. Such a crowded leaderboard, lots of good names. Gonna be fun!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The leaderboard is just packed with big names. Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The leaderboard is just packed with big names. Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow?

60°, with showers and 12 mph winds.

I think that qualifies as a nice day in Scotland.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much longer Tiger will keep playing if he has another year of being completely irrelevant in majors. The PGA will be interesting, Tiger's sole goal should be to make the cut.

If your definition of not being "done" is him going back to being able to win majors by 10+ strokes... okay, he's done. I think we knew that.

Reaction Score
Some great story lines, Spieth going for 3, a couple amateurs in the hunt. Can DJ keep it together, can Sergio finally win his first major. Tomorrow will be awesome.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much longer Tiger will keep playing if he has another year of being completely irrelevant in majors. The PGA will be interesting, Tiger's sole goal should be to make the cut.

I doubt his plan is to be completely irrelevant in any major the next 1 1/4 years. If he is again in the PGA and all of next year then maybe he should have some deep thoughts.

Reaction Score
Some great story lines, Spieth going for 3, a couple amateurs in the hunt. Can DJ keep it together, can Sergio finally win his first major. Tomorrow will be awesome.

Tomorrow will be great. DJ is done he allowed too many on front of him capable of going low and someone will. It was a "Sunday" for him, never changes quite honestly.

Think it comes down to Day, Spieth and Louie. No matter fun TV tomorrow

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Tomorrow will be great. DJ is done he allowed too many on front of him capable of going low and someone will. It was a "Sunday" for him, never changes quite honestly.

Think it comes down to Day, Spieth and Louie. No matter fun TV tomorrow
One possible advantage for Dustin is that he's the first of the 7 unders to go off two hours before the leaders. If the weather gets nasty later (as predicted) he could go low and hope to hang on. But I tend to agree with you - too many guys to jump. Even though he's only 5 back, he's got to pass 24 players.

Not going far out on a limb by predicting it will be Spieth and Oost battling for the win, but it would be hard to pick anyone else - maybe Day.

Reaction Score
One possible advantage for Dustin is that he's the first of the 7 unders to go off two hours before the leaders. If the weather gets nasty later (as predicted) he could go low and hope to hang on. But I tend to agree with you - too many guys to jump. Even though he's only 5 back, he's got to pass 24 players.

Not going far out on a limb by predicting it will be Spieth and Oost battling for the win, but it would be hard to pick anyone else - maybe Day.

If Sergio made that short bird on 10 today I could see him making it interesting but these guys are closers, although Day hasn't proven it yet. May get his first.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I already took the day off of work tomorrow it's going to be a great to wake up and watch the final round with no wife complaining that "golf is so boring" and watch Spieth win his 3rd major of the year

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm really hoping for Day or Spieth.

Day is similar to Fowler to me. Neither has really blown a major. They've had top-5's and good finishes but someone always was better at the end. They didn't choke it away like DJ does or Phil used to do.
Plus, if Day continues to suffer from vertigo it's going to limit his future chances.

Spieth for all the obvious reasons.

Reaction Score
I already took the day off of work tomorrow it's going to be a great to wake up and watch the final round with no wife complaining that "golf is so boring" and watch Spieth win his 3rd major of the year

Yep everyone out of the house, comfortable with no little sniper attacks of "when is this going to end".

I'm working from home ;)

Reaction Score
I have Louie O in a pool with some guys but to see Spieth win for $20 is worth it. But I think it's more than 20 as I also have Willet and Streb in my foursome. If I can get a solid round out of Horschel and these 2 hang in tight maybe I won't even need to have the winner. One of the few with all 4 getting points so we'll see.

Wouldn't bother me nonetheless if Day won either, good guy and is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom