OT: The Open | The Boneyard

OT: The Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay let's see what the BY crystal ball can come up with for a winner??

I like the last winner at St Andrews, Louie O. He's been paying real well and good memories on golf courses go a real long way. The world will be watching for Jordan Speith to win but I think we're asking a lot from him on this one. Although how could you bet against him, he's playing unbelievably well. I think the length factor may hurt a little here due to the fact the course is so pouch and green. It will be softer so the big hitters may have a better chance but we'll see.

Pretty ironic the US Open played like theirs and St Andrews looks so green it may look more like our Open. Always fun to watch early in the morning. Would love for Tiger or Phil to be in it come the weekend but I doubt either will.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
John Daly was and is my favorite golfer.

But for this one, Graeme McDowell.

Reaction Score
My sleeper is Tommy Fleetwood

Good player and playing well also. An unknown to many in the US. The big kid from Austria has been playing real well too and without looking up his name I forget.

Reaction Score
My fantasy team is Louis Oosthuizen, Hideki Matsuyama, Ryan Palmer, Jimmy Walker, Lee Westwood, and Tiger because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Reaction Score
As I've posted before my golf pool does 3 players from the top 20 world golf rankings and the another 3 from the field. My picks are:
Rickie Fowler
Henrik Stenson
Adam Scott

Victor Dubuisson
Tommy Fleetwood
Brandt Snedeker

Reaction Score
  1. Does Tiger have a better chance of winning? Or missing the cut?
  2. What shot do you give Dustin Johnson after that gaff job on 18 at the Open?

Reaction Score
Dustin Johnson wins it. Also like Stenson so I'll put him at #2.
A very good one.

Reaction Score

Did you mean does Tiger have a better chance of missing the cut or making the cut? Roughly half miss the cut and there is only one winner so I would always take missing the cut for any golfer.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Rory over Spieth and Fowler in a playoff. Dustin has 54 and 61 hole lead but can't hang on and finishes 5th.

Don't think Scott will putt well enough to be close on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Rory over Spieth and Fowler in a playoff. Dustin has 54 and 61 hole lead but can't hang on and finishes 5th.

I guess you didn't hear that Rory isn't playing...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I guess you didn't hear that Rory isn't playing...
No - but now that you mention it, I guess I heard something about an injury or something. Bummer.

Ok - Spieth over Fowler in a playoff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sabbatini?

Reaction Score
Did you mean does Tiger have a better chance of missing the cut or making the cut? Roughly half miss the cut and there is only one winner so I would always take missing the cut for any golfer.

No. What's more likely to happen? Tiger misses the cut or Tiger wins the tournament. Which has already been answered by 9 am EST on Day 1 as he was 92 of 93 golfers on the course through 11 holes.

Reaction Score
No. What's more likely to happen? Tiger misses the cut or Tiger wins the tournament. Which has already been answered by 9 am EST on Day 1 as he was 92 of 93 golfers on the course through 11 holes.

His chances of winning any tournament this year are minuscule, so perhaps that's why someone would be perplexed by your question.

It's like asking, "Do I have a better chance of making a full court shot or missing a free throw?"

Reaction Score
I know it's only Thursday, but looks like Tiger is going to miss another cut. Funniest comment I have read so far "Tiger is current three shots behind Rory McIlory". Almost starting to feel sorry for him. Almost.

DJ putting well so far. If he can learn how to putt consistently (and get out of his head in pressure situations), he would just be amazing.

Reaction Score
This is just getting embarrassing for Tiger. On a day when most of the players are tearing up the course, he's hanging with Tom Watson.

Reaction Score
This is just getting embarrassing for Tiger. On a day when most of the players are tearing up the course, he's hanging with Tom Watson.

The front 9 was the embarrassment, but it hasn't gotten any worse on the back 9. I'll be interested to see if he can eventually claw his way back to even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom