OT: The greatest love song of all time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The greatest love song of all time

Reaction Score
To me a love song is considered GREAT by the meaning it has to me at certain times in my life. I've been engaged 2x and never got married, and was told by a lady I've known over 40 years that "that we never had a personal relationship!" So the following songs are MY greatest love song ever! Already named WONDERFUL TONIGHT and HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU!

SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME Frank Sinatra
youtube someone to watch over me sinatra - Yahoo Video Search Results

HOW DO I LIVE! Leann Rimes
youtube How do I Live leeanne rimes - Yahoo Video Search Results

I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING Aerosmith
youtube i don't want to miss a thing aerosmith - Yahoo Video Search Results

EVERYTHING I DO I DO IT FOR YOU Bryan Adams
youtube Everything I do bryan adams - Yahoo Video Search Results

THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE IS Kelly Clarkson
youtube the trouble with love kelly clarkson - Yahoo Video Search Results

TURN ME ON Norah Jones
youtube turn me on norah jones - Yahoo Video Search Results

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To me a love song is considered GREAT by the meaning it has to me at certain times in my life. I've been engaged 2x and never got married, and was told by a lady I've known over 40 years that "that we never had a personal relationship!" So the following songs are MY greatest love song ever! Already named WONDERFUL TONIGHT and HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU!

SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME Frank Sinatra
youtube someone to watch over me sinatra - Yahoo Video Search Results

HOW DO I LIVE! Leann Rimes
youtube How do I Live leeanne rimes - Yahoo Video Search Results

I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING Aerosmith
youtube i don't want to miss a thing aerosmith - Yahoo Video Search Results

EVERYTHING I DO I DO IT FOR YOU Bryan Adams
youtube Everything I do bryan adams - Yahoo Video Search Results

THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE IS Kelly Clarkson
youtube the trouble with love kelly clarkson - Yahoo Video Search Results

TURN ME ON Norah Jones
youtube turn me on norah jones - Yahoo Video Search Results
It's clear you and I have more than just UConn in common. I commiserate. I wish you bluebirds in the spring...and I wish you health from herein.

Reaction Score
Ya know...pondering the growing list and still many unlisted songs that could be included, since many songs are in some way 'about love', one that lingers in my head is a song about lost love...but still surely a love song. I think maybe lost love is another category. Nevertheless, in recognition of a classic 'love song' of a different type, here it is. (Note that this song was written by Joan about Bob Dylan and so, note the lyrics...which I chose to include knowing some may be unfamiliar with them...and especially 'My poetry was lousy you said', an inspirational jab at the master).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Since most people are posting their personal favorites instead of a considered GOAT (I mean "The Sunshine Of Your Love" as the greatest love song of all time? Really?), I feel the need to post one of my personal favorites. Written by a man who literally handed this singer over 1000 songs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm a huge Yes, Santana & Steely Dan fan but I give credit where credit is due. Barbra Streisand is one, if not the best female vocalist of the 20th century. Extremely powerful singer that can hold a note longer than just about anyone. I'm not really a big Streisand fan but anytime I hear this song on the radio I always listen to the end. The back up vocals are angelic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom