OT: The greatest love song of all time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The greatest love song of all time

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I will second Jordy's choice of "Stardust" with which Hoagy Carmichael is always associated.
But let's not forget the superb lyric crafted by Mitchell Parish evoking the bittersweet memory
of lost love.
Hear hear.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This category is so broad it's difficult to come up with one or ten. Kind of, ask me on another day and I'll have another answer. This one, though, would always be in my top ten, and I've heard it recently enough that I'm thinking of it. From Stevie's formative era, I could easily pick Golden Lady, Love havin' you around . . .

Reaction Score
A good friend sang this at our wedding 40 years ago. Written by Paul Stookey, I like this version by Mike Masse. Mike has some great cover versions of songs, on you tube, especially Beatles songs. An undiscovered talent.

Ours too, but only 37 years ago.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It is hard to pick just one song that satisfies everyone, and I truly enjoy many ,if not all ,of the aforementioned. Stardust was a great choice, as was Kathy's Song, At Last, anything by Nat King Cole, everything by Eva Cassidy(gone so soon, missed so much). But my nominee is 'If You See Her,Say Hello" by Bob Dylan from Blood on the Tracks. His voice is not the best, but the song seems to be truly heartfelt, Lyrics so meaningful. For any of you who grew up around New York in the late fifties, 'Tonite,Tonite' by the Mello Kings was the number one hit, and is the song my wife and I always dance to in our dotage.My old favorite dee jay Porky Chedwick introduced it into the Pittsburgh market in the early sixties.and I remember it fondly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom