OT: Pitino pool | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Pitino pool

Reaction Score
I've got to congratulate you all at The Boneyard. This thread is awesome.

You may not be the basketball program you once were but when it comes to comic relief you are the defending national champs and your prospects for the future look just as good. Keep up the good work!
So when does SMU get the death penalty again?

Reaction Score
I agree that Penn State is not a precedent. But it is a bit harsh to say the NCAA didn't have rules against child abuse. That situation was so abhorrent that I doubt anyone ever imagined they needed such rules. There are also no NCAA rules against a coach shooting a player with a crossbow. It is illegal but just not the NCAAs jurisdiction. In this case though the NCAA clearly has rules against bribing players and their families to come to your school. And doing it while already on probation is really low. My guess is that they won't get the death penalty but will be banned from the tourney for at least 2 years, maybe restricted in number of games ( which would be a significant penalty) and lose a few scholarships for 2-3 years. Probably a fine too. It is entirely possible that Louisville, Miami and Carolina will all be out of the NCAA Tournament this year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
NY Post.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino said the allegations “come as a complete shock to me.” He said he was “committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable.”

The only plausible explanation is that he knew, condoned, and likely orchestrated the whole deal. So his only avenue of defense is denial.
He has deniable plausibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom