OT: Pitino pool | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Pitino pool

Reaction Score
NY Post.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino said the allegations “come as a complete shock to me.” He said he was “committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable.”

Reaction Score
I've got to congratulate you all at The Boneyard. This thread is awesome.

You may not be the basketball program you once were but when it comes to comic relief you are the defending national champs and your prospects for the future look just as good. Keep up the good work!

Reaction Score
NY Post.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino said the allegations “come as a complete shock to me.” He said he was “committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable.”
Gotta hand it to Rick. He's always ready to do the right thing after these rogue assistants get caught doing bad things.

Reaction Score
I've got to congratulate you all at The Boneyard. This thread is awesome.

You may not be the basketball program you once were but when it comes to comic relief you are the defending national champs and your prospects for the future look just as good. Keep up the good work!
We are still the program you will never be. The one with a plethora of national championship banners hanging in the rafters.

Reaction Score
Pitino lawyer promises bare knuckle fight. Of course, as the lawyer will get a portion of the severance. He is really fighting for himself.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ired-louisville-basketball-scandal/707272001/

"Rick Pitino’s attorney Steve Pence promises that [University of Louisville] 'won’t fire Pitino without a bare-knuckle fight,'" Terry Meiners, a Louisville TV and radio personality, posted on his blog.

"Pence predicts that Pitino would prevail in a legal struggle over his reported $44 million buyout," the post continued.

Reaction Score
Pitino lawyer promises bare knuckle fight. Of course, as the lawyer will get a portion of the severance. He is really fighting for himself.

University of Louisville 'won't fire Pitino without a bare-knuckle fight'

"Rick Pitino’s attorney Steve Pence promises that [University of Louisville] 'won’t fire Pitino without a bare-knuckle fight,'" Terry Meiners, a Louisville TV and radio personality, posted on his blog.

"Pence predicts that Pitino would prevail in a legal struggle over his reported $44 million buyout," the post continued.

Translation: "Hang him out to dry in an embarrassing way, and we pull out the shovel and unearth all the buried bodies!"

Reaction Score
I expect Rick Pitino to be ... a whiny little bi*ch. He sing and point fingers. Calhoun. Dean Smith. Denny Crumble. He is gonna talk til he's blue and his HOF identity is dragged around. Find him crying and cowering in a closet Soon. (Joon Kim got him )

Reaction Score
50 goshdarn chances to just stop being a sleazebag. Tigers dont change their stripes.

And the NCAA continues to be a complete joke.

Reaction Score
Jurich looks like he is dressed for his own funeral:

Maura Sirianni‏ @MauraSirianni 2m2 minutes ago
Jurich just arrived. When asked if he is concerned about being let go today, he said: “No idea.” @WDRBNews

DKvGTTRXkAAib8G.jpg

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Can the FBI wiretap into the President of Lousyville's office? Would love to hear him tell Jurich and Pitinio, "You're fired"

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Jurich looks like he is dressed for his own funeral:

Maura Sirianni‏ @MauraSirianni 2m2 minutes ago
Jurich just arrived. When asked if he is concerned about being let go today, he said: “No idea.” @WDRBNews

DKvGTTRXkAAib8G.jpg

Jurich single-handedly made Louisville into what it is today. Without Jurich, Louisville is essentially Memphis. Too bad this didn't happen 10 years ago-- UConn would be in the ACC right now if it wasn't for Jurich.

Reaction Score
My question for Louisville is, why fire them? Unless they're headed to jail, which they probably aren't unless they're directly implicated, why fire 2 guys that bring in so much talent and money to your school?

No one thinks Louisville stands for integrity. You don't. If you ever did, you haven't for a very long time. Firing your coach and your AD at this point doesn't change that. May as well keep the good with the bad.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
My question for Louisville is, why fire them? Unless they're headed to jail, which they probably aren't unless they're directly implicated, why fire 2 guys that bring in so much talent and money to your school?

No one thinks Louisville stands for integrity. You don't. If you ever did, you haven't for a very long time. Firing your coach and your AD at this point doesn't change that. May as well keep the good with the bad.

Because Louisville will attempt to use them as the fall guys with the NCAA. UL will get spared the death penalty and get relatively minor sanctions (a couple of missed tournaments and a few reduced scholarships) from the NCAA as they claim it was just the rogue Calipari and Jurich and was not an institutional problem.

Reaction Score
Because Louisville will attempt to use them as the fall guys with the NCAA. UL will get spared the death penalty and get relatively minor sanctions (a couple of missed tournaments and a few reduced scholarships) from the NCAA as they claim it was just the rogue Calipari and Jurich and was not an institutional problem.
As i posted in the other thread, Penn State football didnt get the "death penalty" for harboring and enabling a serial child rapist.

The death penalty effectively doesn't exist anymore.

Its a boogeyman, and if it ever were used again, it wouldnt be against a P5 school

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
As i posted in the other thread, Penn State football didnt get the "death penalty" for harboring and enabling a serial child rapist.

The death penalty effectively doesn't exist anymore.

Its a boogeyman, and if it ever were used again, it wouldnt be against a P5 school
State Penn was not eligible for the death penalty. It is reserved for schools that have a major NCAA violation when on probation for another major NCAA violation. Lousyville is eligible for it if these allegations are true (though the likelihood is like 0.01% that they actually receive it).

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

It may sound ridiculous, but harboring and enabling a serial child rapist is not against NCAA bylaws. Paying players cash is. The NCAA didn't have the legal authority to give Penn St the death penalty. PSU would have sued the NCAA in court and likely would have won (and the last thing the NCAA wants is a court case with evidentiary disclosures). In this case, the NCAA does have the auth0rity to punish for paying players.

Having said that, I agree that Louisville will not get the death penalty. But using PSU as the precedent is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Reaction Score
It may sound ridiculous, but harboring and enabling a serial child rapist is not against NCAA bylaws. Paying players cash is. The NCAA didn't have the legal authority to give Penn St the death penalty. PSU would have sued the NCAA in court and likely would have won (and the last thing the NCAA wants is a court case with evidentiary disclosures). In this case, the NCAA does have the auth0rity to punish for paying players.

Having said that, I agree that Louisville will not get the death penalty. But using PSU as the precedent is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
Very true. I doubt they get it, but remember they are already on MAJOR PROBATION for the hooker thing. This scandal is even worse, and happening while on probation. They may not get the death penalty, but they won't be playing in the NCAA tournament for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Can the FBI wiretap into the President of Lousyville's office? Would love to hear him tell Jurich and Pitinio, "You're fired"
Head of Louisville HR: Rick, I got bad news and worse news. Which do you want first?
Pitino: Better give me the bad news first.
Head of Louisville HR: You're getting fired tomorrow.
Pitino: What could be worse?
Head of Louisville HR: I should have told you yesterday.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

The travesty in the Penn State situation was that no one was able to connect the dots between the administration and the economic/political power brokers outside the university that wanted to keep their real estate investments around the university intact. And either with incentives or threats kept the administration quiet.

This should have been a case for federal prosecutors and not the NCAA. Ironic that the pay for play which should be under the auspices of the NCAA is being handled by the feds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom