OT: Pats | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats

Reaction Score
Appreciate your post Mau. Seems you have some baggage there concerning the fans and as a giant fan in the middle of that has to suck. No not one of those type. My posts good or bad are just about football nothing about the fans. Notice what some of the giant fans post, lots of shots at Brady and Belicheck seems to be more in fun and just looking to get a shot at the Patriots. If you are on this side of the coin and read some of these posts it would be a different story same as if I was a giant fan. You have read my posts about the Giants who I like never a put down there. They win people are sick of them of it, as a patriot fan I get and take that as a compliment. I'm just having some fun ,going along for the ride and enjoying the view from here.

Reaction Score
I don't know who JaMarcus Nelson is and disagree that Jeff George is the best thrower ever. I think Rodgers, Elway, Marino, Moon, Kelly and Favre are all better throwers than George. These are all just personal preference and opinion. I think Rodgers, Elway and Marino are better than Montana, Brady and Bradshaw.

Elway??? ELWAY?? The most inaccurate thrower often tossed into the pantheon? The guy used to drill balls into the ground. One of the most inaccurate throwers ever. Had a great 2 final years of his career. Probably because he was finally losing arm strength.

George could throw any pass. Too bad he had a 10 cent brain.

I can see why you are having such difficulty here. You seem to think QBing is about the strength of your throwing arm. It's not.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
300 yards on dumps to little 6 foot speedstes (Hogan & Julian)

The pats are like bad college football, unwatchable. Football as a whole is a joke of a product regardless of the ratings.

This is like saying, "if a baseball team doesn't hit tons of home runs, it's a joke". When Tom has deep threat players, he throws deep. He hasn't had many over the years. Look what happened when he had Moss. Hogan is a quasi deep threat, as is Gronk. Which is why he's been throwing deep more this year.

And Tom was throwing 10+ yards all day yesterday.

Reaction Score
Elway??? ELWAY?? The most inaccurate thrower often tossed into the pantheon? The guy used to drill balls into the ground. One of the most inaccurate throwers ever. Had a great 2 final years of his career. Probably because he was finally losing arm strength.

George could throw any pass. Too bad he had a 10 cent brain.

I can see why you are having such difficulty here. You seem to think QBing is about the strength of your throwing arm. It's not.
The guy who said Jeff George is the best thrower ever is calling me out, lol. JaMarcus Nelson is still wondering why you think he can do things that no other QB can do.

Reaction Score
The guy who said Jeff George is the best thrower ever is calling me out, lol. JaMarcus Nelson is still wondering why you think he can do things that no other QB can do.

Jeff George had an incredibly strong arm, and not only was he very accurate, he could do it on the run. He looked very much like Aaron Rodgers. There is a big reason why George was the #1 pick in the entire draft. It was because of his throwing talent. I'm sorry that you never got to see him play. He could throw better than any of them...but he was a butthead on the order of Ryan Leaf.

Reaction Score
Jeff George had an incredibly strong arm, and not only was he very accurate, he could do it on the run. He looked very much like Aaron Rodgers. There is a big reason why George was the #1 pick in the entire draft. It was because of his throwing talent. I'm sorry that you never got to see him play. He could throw better than any of them...but he was a butthead on the order of Ryan Leaf.
I watched Jeff George's whole career, just because you come to these bizarre conclusions doesn't mean other people didn't watch and disagree with you. I watched George, Schroeder, Vick, Leaf, Cunningham, every game Cutler has played as a Bear, Stafford. There has been a lot of mediocre QB's with great arm strength. Please stop with this cr@p, I don't wish to argue with you. I'm sure I'll get a follow up after you watch videos of your make believe JaMarcus Nelson and his arm strength.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Irrelevant why? Makes no sense, this would make Brady irrelevant then I assume in those 2 games he lost?

The post said Brady doesn't want to see Manning. Brady is never on the field with Manning, he's irrelevant to Brady. The Giants D-Line is a different story. As to QBs a team might not want to face, Eli is not that high on the list and certainly wasn't the reason they won those games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brady is the best ever because of his numbers and he deserves to be labeled as that. Joe Montana wasn't as good, Elway no, Peyton no - it's his now. The one guy with no leg to stand on who I believe may have always been the best was Marino but no measuring stick, have to win.

If I needed a guy who had no running game to simply carry the offense throwing the ball, Marino would be the guy. His deep ball accuracy was insanely good. Couldn't move though, so needed a good OL. Fouts was similar but not as good.

Peyton to me is probably the best all around, in terms of reading the defense and throwing. Brady is with him on the mental side, maybe a touch behind throwing. Montana ran an offense with incredible weapons against defenses designed to stop run first teams but had great short throw accuracy leading receivers. Rodgers has all the tools, but I don't think he adjusts like Manning and Brady do, and defenses can trip him up as a result. He relies a bit too much on his athleticism to bail him out. Reminds me a lot of Elway, who won when he got older and learned not to rely on his athleticism all the time. Brees is underrated. Hell of player.

But Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
The post said Brady doesn't want to see Manning. Brady is never on the field with Manning, he's irrelevant to Brady. The Giants D-Line is a different story. As to QBs a team might not want to face, Eli is not that high on the list and certainly wasn't the reason they won those games.

Hawk sorry sour grapes in a huge way. If Eli meant nothing to his wins then let's call Tom out too that's what I'm saying. His defense obviously kept him in the Giants games because he scored less points.

You're a good poster but this is pitiful! If this were the case then maybe Tom didn't win a couple others either, his defense did :confused:

Go Falcons!;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hawk sorry sour grapes in a huge way. If Eli meant nothing to his wins then let's call Tom out too that's what I'm saying. His defense obviously kept him in the Giants games because he scored less points.

You're a good poster but this is pitiful! If this were the case then maybe Tom didn't win a couple others either, his defense did :confused:

Go Falcons!;)

Eli played well enough to win, thats all that really matters.

The guy I really feared the most though, believe it or not, was Tom Coughlin.

He's one of the few coaches for whom Belichick is not inside their head before and during the game. He knows Bill, spent a lot of time with him, and the 'mystique', so to speak, just isn't there. And he gets his guys to play like it.

Vast majority of the time, I think, sweet, we've got an advantage at HC. Never with TC on the other sideline.

Reaction Score

Go Falcons!;)

First game, Giants D got to him. Second Super Bowl, Brady had a very good game, at one point he completed about 20 passes in a row (I forget the exact number) and he broke the record.

Reaction Score
I watched Jeff George's whole career, just because you come to these bizarre conclusions doesn't mean other people didn't watch and disagree with you. I watched George, Schroeder, Vick, Leaf, Cunningham, every game Cutler has played as a Bear, Stafford. There has been a lot of mediocre QB's with great arm strength. Please stop with this cr@p, I don't wish to argue with you. I'm sure I'll get a follow up after you watch videos of your make believe JaMarcus Nelson and his arm strength.

Just search online and you will see many many people saying the same exact thing I did about Jeff George. I mean, holy hell, you act like this is the first time you ever heard someone say that George had one of the biggest canons in NFL history, with great accuracy o his throws to boot. Warren Moon too, but what does he know?

Dan Marino and the NFL's 10 Strongest-Armed QBs of All Time
Who had the best arm in NFL history?
Top 10 QB Teases: Jeff George
Who Has the Strongest Arm in the NFL?

Reaction Score
Just search online and you will see many many people saying the same exact thing I did about Jeff George. I mean, holy hell, you act like this is the first time you ever heard someone say that George had one of the biggest canons in NFL history, with great accuracy o his throws to boot. Warren Moon too, but what does he know?

Dan Marino and the NFL's 10 Strongest-Armed QBs of All Time
Who had the best arm in NFL history?
Top 10 QB Teases: Jeff George
Who Has the Strongest Arm in the NFL?
Of course I know Jeff George has a big arm but because I don't agree with you that he's "the best thrower in the history of the NFL" and "he looked very much like Aaron Rodgers" you go on to tell me I never heard of him or watched him play. After I tell you I watched his entire career you go digging up old articles on him, I just really don't understand your style or the way you often come to conclusions. Do you really expect every NFL fan to consider Jeff George to be "the best thrower in NFL history" and if they don't you assume they have never heard of him and watched him? It's just weird as is your post on Elway but I don't even want to get into that.

Reaction Score
No I promise you it's the fans who made me dislike them as much as I do, nothing else. As I've stated so many times when I moved here to WesMass I was fine with them, living amongst them, some who are good friends, they never act as if they've been there. Though maybe the first couple was just a maturing process but no, they are who they are and it's not all but it is a majority. Games are unwatchable with most, it's crazy.

The OP is one of them I am sure, don't need to meet him just a post like that is what I speak of. Let's bow to the almighty Pats fans.

Just be happy, the rubbing in crap is childish but everywhere here so I am used to it. I've had similar texts all day I promise.
You know nothing about me, so don't cast me in your sweeping generalizations. I suffered w arrogant Giant fans in the mid 80s while my team went 1-15 every other year. I suffered when all NY fans ran wild w cheating allegations that amounted to nothing in terms of a real football advantage. I suffered when the Giants ruined our perfect season on the luckiest play in the history of sports, and then did it again 4 years later. I suffered w the deflatgate BS in a game the Pats won by 28 points AFTER the "alleged" cheating was discovered. So you bet your ass I'm gonna give NY fans a hard time any time I get a chance. If you are too thin-skinned to deal with it, maybe you should go root for the Browns.

And by the way, I'm sure you would be the FIRST to come on here and crow if it was the Giants, so get off your high horse.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with @JSM1970 on this take. It's not the Patriots' fault. They're great and everybody else isn't.

As a disclaimer, I'm still a slave to the sport. I still watch, I still look forward to the games, and I still get excited when something cool happens.

But the league is bad. I don't think any of these teams are particularly good. This doesn't strike me as a vintage Patriots team and I'm still not convinced Atlanta's defense is any good. There's not a single complete team in the sport and you can't sell me on it being the ultimate team sport when deeply flawed teams are advancing deep into the playoffs. That Packers team yesterday was DOA. They were completely decimated in the secondary, and that's what cheapens all of this so much: it's very rarely the best team that wins so much as it is the healthiest. That's not to discredit New England - they lost a blue chip in Gronk that I don't think anybody else would have been able to replace. Even Atlanta has a top-end corner missing.

Injuries happen in every sport, but they occur in football with such prevalence that it begins to compromise the spirit of the competition, especially in today's league, with everything being tailor-made to offenses, and quarterbacks. It often feels that - and this is a credit to how good the quarterbacks are - you have zero margin for error as a defense because great quarterbacks will find that weak link and you until the cows come home. As a result, when you lose one player (DRC against Green Bay, Earl Thomas for Seattle, Sam Shields for the Pack, Justin Houston for KC, etc. etc.), it's curtains. And if you lose a Derek Carr...time to fold shop.

I don't think the Patriots have had a truly great team, talent-wise, in quite some time (even the '07 team was weak in the secondary). Shows how great Brady and Belichick are that they've done this much winning in that time frame. Also makes me long for a different time when it felt like you had to beat great teams to win a super bowl. I think New England and Atlanta would both get smacked by one of those Seahawks or Niners teams from 2013. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but the product isn't particularly compelling right now - Belichick and Brady converting lacrosse players to receivers running wide open through the defense isn't the type of football I want to see, unless it's my team. Brady is the best ever. Rodgers or Favre before him are way more fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with @JSM1970 on this take. It's not the Patriots' fault. They're great and everybody else isn't.

As a disclaimer, I'm still a slave to the sport. I still watch, I still look forward to the games, and I still get excited when something cool happens.

But the league is bad. I don't think any of these teams are particularly good. This doesn't strike me as a vintage Patriots team and I'm still not convinced Atlanta's defense is any good. There's not a single complete team in the sport and you can't sell me on it being the ultimate team sport when deeply flawed teams are advancing deep into the playoffs. That Packers team yesterday was DOA. They were completely decimated in the secondary, and that's what cheapens all of this so much: it's very rarely the best team that wins so much as it is the healthiest. That's not to discredit New England - they lost a blue chip in Gronk that I don't think anybody else would have been able to replace. Even Atlanta has a top-end corner missing.

Injuries happen in every sport, but they occur in football with such prevalence that it begins to compromise the spirit of the competition, especially in today's league, with everything being tailor-made to offenses, and quarterbacks. It often feels that - and this is a credit to how good the quarterbacks are - you have zero margin for error as a defense because great quarterbacks will find that weak link and you until the cows come home. As a result, when you lose one player (DRC against Green Bay, Earl Thomas for Seattle, Sam Shields for the Pack, Justin Houston for KC, etc. etc.), it's curtains. And if you lose a Derek Carr...time to fold shop.

I don't think the Patriots have had a truly great team, talent-wise, in quite some time (even the '07 team was weak in the secondary). Shows how great Brady and Belichick are that they've done this much winning in that time frame. Also makes me long for a different time when it felt like you had to beat great teams to win a super bowl. I think New England and Atlanta would both get smacked by one of those Seahawks or Niners teams from 2013. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but the product isn't particularly compelling right now - Belichick and Brady converting lacrosse players to receivers running wide open through the defense isn't the type of football I want to see, unless it's my team. Brady is the best ever. Rodgers or Favre before him are way more fun to watch.
You can blame free agency and salary cap for that. Think of those great Steeler teams of the 70s and then think of what would have happened to them in today's age. The league wanted parity and they got it. And with it comes watered down talent. You make a legit point, but it doesn't take away from what NE has accomplished within these rules and this system.

Reaction Score
You know nothing about me, so don't cast me in your sweeping generalizations. I suffered w arrogant Giant fans in the mid 80s while my team went 1-15 every other year. I suffered when all NY fans ran wild w cheating allegations that amounted to nothing in terms of a real football advantage. I suffered when the Giants ruined our perfect season on the luckiest play in the history of sports, and then did it again 4 years later. I suffered w the deflatgate BS in a game the Pats won by 28 points AFTER the "alleged" cheating was discovered. So you bet your ass I'm gonna give NY fans a hard time any time I get a chance. If you are too thin-skinned to deal with it, maybe you should go root for the Browns.

And by the way, I'm sure you would be the FIRST to come on here and crow if it was the Giants, so get off your high horse.

No I wouldn't I promise never have. I know you well enough this was posted on the basketball board not the PRO SPORTS board or the FOOTBALL board so don't try to play games you looked for and you will get it deservingly. So take it like a man and quit whining like a little girl about "suffering" this was exactly what you asked for it to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom