OT- Pats Packers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT- Pats Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
God you guys and Brady? Yikes, he's great but he's not the sole reason and never will be. I know when he sucked early most of you wanted him gone, retire and why? The line sucked!!

There's actually a thread on here around that time. I'm on the record in that thread.

The line did suck. They were all undrafted FAs at new positions. Wendell the old C was at RG. Connolly the old LG took Mankins spot at LG. They had a godawful rookie called Devey who isn't even on the 53 anymore. And they brought up their 5th rd rookie to play C.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is even remotely true. The only people saying he was done were football gurus like Superjohn.

I live in Western Mass Crack man, I promise you I heard it all. Not saying all or upstater for sure, but there were a lot. Hey the line gelling and Gronk being healthy may point to how much better Brady is today compared to early in the year. I will say him playing better and Gronk and LaFell added to the ever consistent Edelman certainly makes the run game better. But you have to admit Blount upon his return is running through some holes. By the way, he's a fn load of a runner why do teams let him go?

Reaction Score
I live in Western Mass Crack man, I promise you I heard it all. Not saying all or upstater for sure, but there were a lot. Hey the line gelling and Gronk being healthy may point to how much better Brady is today compared to early in the year. I will say him playing better and Gronk and LaFell added to the ever consistent Edelman certainly makes the run game better. But you have to admit Blount upon his return is running through some holes. By the way, he's a fn load of a runner why do teams let him go?

I personally don't like Blount. I like Gray a whole lot more. Too much dancing behind the line for me from Blount. Yeah, he'll break some big runs. But those -1 and -2 runs are drive killers. Give me +4 and Gray instead.

I think this is why teams let Blount go.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with a well reasoned response like that. The Pats as an organization have a pretty decent track record of making pretty ordinary guys look great.
He said numbers mean nothing in the NFL and the reason for all the Patriots success is Tom Brady's quick release, I find this to be a ridiculous conclusion, I guess you agree with him Can you try adding anything of substance to a thread while you are stalking all of my posts? As I'm typing this I see you threw my name out there again a couple of posts down, you're getting really creepy dude. Constantly being questioned by the guy who thinks Yale has more baketball talent than UConn is a badge of honor.

Reaction Score
He said numbers mean nothing in the NFL and the reason for all the Patriots success is Tom Brady's quick release, I find this to be a ridiculous conclusion, I guess you agree with him Can you try adding anything of substance to a thread while you are stalking all of my posts? As I'm typing this I see you threw my name out there again a couple of posts down, you're getting really creepy dude. Constantly being questioned by the guy who thinks Yale has more baketball talent than UConn is a badge of honor.

Some numbers mean a lot for sure. I cited them. Scoring is a number I pay attention to. That's my point, at the end of the day.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
jleves and superjohn certainly showed their colors in the last Patriots thread. I'd be embarrassed to ever post in another Patriots thread. EVER.
Hey - I clearly owned up to being wrong in that thread. I'm far from a Patriot hater - they're one of my favorite teams in the AFC.

Reaction Score

One: I didn't say numbers mean nothing. I said passing rating, and passing yards, and a whole host of fanboy fantasy stats, mean nothing. The numbers that mean something (everything! actually) are on the scoreboard.

And, about the Patriots running game, I didn't say only Brady has that impact. Manning does too! Look at the Denver RBs for heaven's sake. You can't explain that success. I watched the Bills staunch front line this weekend get railroaded, and all because of the sub package they were in. Those gaping holes happened courtesy of the Bills defending the pass the whole game. Marcell Dareus was in 17 of 68 defensive snaps. That's your top run stuffer right there!!!!!

You don't get it.

Reaction Score
Hey - I clearly owned up to being wrong in that thread. I'm far from a Patriot hater - they're one of my favorite teams in the AFC.

And he started this one with the same BS about weak arm and system QB.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And he started this one with the same BS about weak arm and system QB.
Wasn't me - never said a thing about a weak arm or a system QB - in fact, I only said there are alternative explanations for the stats you quote that says Brady is the better QB.

If you want to call people out and tell them they are wrong, at least get the right person.

Reaction Score
Wasn't me - never said a thing about a weak arm or a system QB - in fact, I only said there are alternative explanations for the stats you quote that says Brady is the better QB.

If you want to call people out and tell them they are wrong, at least get the right person.

I was talking about superjohn

Also, never said Brady was the better QB. I said Brady had the better year in 2012-2013 as a way of illustrating that passer rating leaves out 40% of the game.

Reaction Score
One: I didn't say numbers mean nothing. I said passing rating, and passing yards, and a whole host of fanboy fantasy stats, mean nothing. The numbers that mean something (everything! actually) are on the scoreboard.

And, about the Patriots running game, I didn't say only Brady has that impact. Manning does too! Look at the Denver RBs for heaven's sake. You can't explain that success. I watched the Bills staunch front line this weekend get railroaded, and all because of the sub package they were in. Those gaping holes happened courtesy of the Bills defending the pass the whole game. Marcell Dareus was in 17 of 68 defensive snaps. That's your top run stuffer right there!!!!!

You don't get it.
"One: I didn't say numbers mean nothing."
"My whole point here is that numbers mean squat in the NFL, unlike baseball where you have individual matchups. Football is a true team sport." These are both your statements, I'm not making things up.

Reaction Score
"One: I didn't say numbers mean nothing."
"My whole point here is that numbers mean squat in the NFL, unlike baseball where you have individual matchups. Football is a true team sport." These are both your statements, I'm not making things up.

Well, excuseeeee me. Yeah, I did say it. Sorry (damn ital.)

You know what I mean. Stats.

heck, you're replying to this post where I even clarified what I meant with this: "I said passing rating, and passing yards, and a whole host of fanboy fantasy stats, mean nothing."

There are some numbers that mean something. Mean a lot actually. Passer rating? No. Unless you're Ken O'Brien. I'll take red zone efficiency, # of turnovers and 3rd down conversions as meaningful. And my whole point was that point scored is the most meaningful.

Still waiting to hear your theory on running backs no one has ever heard of running wild in the last few weeks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
True but no QB is any good without stopping the pass rush and no run game is good without holes and space. They may have been patched together but someone then deserves the credit for that. That would be Bill and/or management, they've been great for the most part for 7-8 weeks.

Unless you have Barry Sanders.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There's actually a thread on here around that time. I'm on the record in that thread.

The line did suck. They were all undrafted FAs at new positions. Wendell the old C was at RG. Connolly the old LG took Mankins spot at LG. They had a godawful rookie called Devey who isn't even on the 53 anymore. And they brought up their 5th rd rookie to play C.

The line actually became good when they put Connolly at LG, Wendell at RG, and Stork (4th round, not 5th) at center. They originally played a bunch of ? marks (Devey, et al); Stork was hurt. I think they had Connolly at center at one point. Marcus Cannon at guard (when he's clearly a tackle). Add in the Logan Mankins vacuum, and it was a clusterf_ck. Putting Connolly and Wendell at guard gave them the experience they needed to start Stork (the only natural center).

Not the best collection of talent out there, but they've gotten the job done. Last 6 games (the iron of the schedule), they've only allowed 4 sacks.

And everybody got better when Gronk returned to form.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I often hear Belichick and Bruschi say that the only numbers that matter are 'Points Scored' and 'Points Allowed', as far as offenses and defenses are concerned. Everything else is window dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom