OT- Pats Packers | The Boneyard

OT- Pats Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad I have this game to take my mind off of The tough loss today. This game is entertaining as heck and it's great to finally watch Brady and Rodgers play each other. Brady is one of the best ever but a lot of his greatness is predicated on the system. He doesn't have the arm strength down the field and can't run a lick but he is a master at dinking and dunking and his accuracy and mental game are off the charts. Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen and he is off the charts in every aspect of QB'ing. His ability to throw the ball to any spot on the field whether he's in the pocket or on the run is just something incredible to watch. The Pats have the better and more complete team but it will still be really tough for the Pats to overcome Rodgers.

Reaction Score
Wait the pats have the better and more complete team? Buddy you are completely schizophrenic when it comes to sports.

Reaction Score
Glad I have this game to take my mind off of The tough loss today. This game is entertaining as heck and it's great to finally watch Brady and Rodgers play each other. Brady is one of the best ever but a lot of his greatness is predicated on the system. He doesn't have the arm strength down the field and can't run a lick but he is a master at dinking and dunking and his accuracy and mental game are off the charts. Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen and he is off the charts in every aspect of QB'ing. His ability to throw the ball to any spot on the field whether he's in the pocket or on the run is just something incredible to watch. The Pats have the better and more complete team but it will still be really tough for the Pats to overcome Rodgers.

That little flip touch pass he has off the run is incredible.....arm strength off the charts!

Reaction Score
Wait the pats have the better and more complete team? Buddy you are completely schizophrenic when it comes to sports.
How the hell am I schizo when it comes to sports and what would lead you to say this?

Reaction Score
Psssst. Josh (McDaniels) you have a pretty good running game.

Reaction Score
Revis got punked

Hate the Pats in a huge way but Revis was great in the first half. He needed help and there was none this time. Great play call caught them with their pants down but Revis was all over Gordie prior to that one.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Hate the Pats in a huge way but Revis was great in the first half. He needed help and there was none this time. Great play call caught them with their pants down but Revis was all over Gordie prior to that one.

Great in the first half except for giving up a 55 yard td with 20 seconds left in the half. Revis isn't supposed to need help

Reaction Score
a lot of his greatness is predicated on the system. He doesn't have the arm strength down the field
Why do Brady haters do this? Is it the best they got? It's like saying, "you know, Jordan was probably the best ever, but it was predicated on him having Pippen and great coaches, and he couldn't shoot the 3."

Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen and he is off the charts in every aspect of QB'ing.
Didn't appear to be that clutch today and he wasn't exactly lighting it up in the red zone.

He needs to win some more before "ever seen" descriptions get thrown around. PR and TD/INT is great, but winning is better, and I'm sure Marino and Manning will both agree with that.

Reaction Score
How am I a Brady hater? I think he's one of the best ever, I just think Rodgers is better. Bringing up Jordan is just a terrible analogy in every way possible. Rodgers just does things Brady and Peyton can't do. How did he not appear clutch today? Thought both qb's played pretty well, Rodgers was just better.

Reaction Score
Thought Pats should have went for it on 4th down on their last possession(even though it was 4th and forever after Brady got sacked).

No guarantee they would see the ball again.

Reaction Score
He was playing off and the safety played way too far to the wrong side of the field. Good job by AR to move the safety with his eyes/body position. Revis had no idea the safety wasn't there and was expecting it.

Great timing pass and he needed help. C'mon you can hate the guy but he's damn good - the best actually!

Reaction Score
Calhoun's Court said:
Thought Pats should have went for it on 4th down on their last possession(even though it was 4th and forever). No guarantee they would see the ball again.

Yep. That's when Tom Brady shines. Gotta give him a shot. Probably no worse than 25% chance he makes the play.

Reaction Score
How am I a Brady hater? I think he's one of the best ever, I just think Rodgers is better.
You answered your question by yourself there. Additionally, you really don't think Brady is great, you think his greatness is predicated on having been a Patriot. In other words, he wouldn't have been a great quarterback anywhere else. I'm sure you think Rodgers would be great on any team, including the Raiders. What that assessment does is blindly dismiss Brady's tremendous winning percentage with less talent than most great QBs have had. If you calculated the draft # of all of the receivers Brady has ever had, I'd guess the number would be one of the worst of all top 20 QBs. With that, his winning % is the highest, I believe. Ultimately, winning is all that matters.

Rodgers just does things Brady and Peyton can't do.
So does Michale Vick. Who cares? He hasn't won 3 Super Bowls. If he can't win this year, he is on the Peyton Manning path to greatness.

How did he not appear clutch today?
His red zone execution was not "best ever."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not an unexpected loss. Two best teams in football, with Lambeau being one of the toughest places to come into and get a win.

On the bright side, the Pats played pretty ordinary in all phases and were still in the game at the end. They definitely missed Chandler Jones though; their pass rush was pitiful today. Hopefully he's back next week.

Reaction Score
You answered your question by yourself there. Additionally, you really don't think Brady is great, you think his greatness is predicated on having been a Patriot. In other words, he wouldn't have been a great quarterback anywhere else. I'm sure you think Rodgers would be great on any team, including the Raiders. What that assessment does is blindly dismiss Brady's tremendous winning percentage with less talent than most great QBs have had. If you calculated the draft # of all of the receivers Brady has ever had, I'd guess the number would be one of the worst of all top 20 QBs. With that, his winning % is the highest, I believe. Ultimately, winning is all that matters.

So does Michale Vick. Who cares? He hasn't won 3 Super Bowls. If he can't win this year, he is on the Peyton Manning path to greatness.

Are you seriously picking apart Rodgers because of how he played today? Have you ever seen him play outside of today? He wasn't lights out today but he was the best player on the field.

Let me guess, you don't think LeBron is a top 10 all time NBA player either.

Reaction Score

It makes me a Brady hater because I think Rodgers is better? That's seriously one of the dumbest things I've heard and if it were the case most football fans would be Brady haters. You outdid yourself by bringing up Vick. Winning is all that matters so Eli Manning is better than Brady I guess, since he is 2-0 over him in Super Bowls and Eli is better than Peyton? You clearly aren't serious with any of these arguments. I already said a couple of times that Brady is one of the best ever. Try not to get bent out of shape when you hear people telling you Rodgers is better than Brady, you're going to hear it a lot.

Reaction Score
Why do Brady haters do this? Is it the best they got? It's like saying, "you know, Jordan was probably the best ever, but it was predicated on him having Pippen and great coaches, and he couldn't shoot the 3."

Didn't appear to be that clutch today and he wasn't exactly lighting it up in the red zone.

He needs to win some more before "ever seen" descriptions get thrown around. PR and TD/INT is great, but winning is better, and I'm sure Marino and Manning will both agree with that.
Why do so many Brady lovers feel the need to disparage any QB who someone else has the audacity to say may be a better QB?

Reaction Score

He needs to win some more before "ever seen" descriptions get thrown around. PR and TD/INT is great, but winning is better, and I'm sure Marino and Manning will both agree with that.[/QU

Reaction Score
Why do so many Brady lovers feel the need to disparage any QB who someone else has the audacity to say may be a better QB?
Because winning is all that matters, clearly Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are his two best QB's ever.

Reaction Score
Are you seriously picking apart Rodgers because of how he played today? Have you ever seen him play outside of today? He wasn't lights out today but he was the best player on the field.
Let me guess, you don't think LeBron is a top 10 all time NBA player either.
No man - not "picking him apart" at all. I'll give him his props - he's one of 3 or 4 guys every team would pick over every other QB in the league right now. I was simply refuting the thought that he is "one of the best ever." No way in hell is he, currently, "one of the best ever." That's just overboard. The guy's playoff record is 5 and 4. Minus the one year they won it all, his playoff record is 1 and 4. Seriously, TD to Int ratio is nice, but winning is what it is all about.

Point is, his numbers are great, and he's a great quarterback, but getting into the GOAT discussion requires winning, not passing yards and TD/INT numbers - and he's had good teams to take into the playoffs. He's not close to the GOAT, and he won't get into the discussion until and unless he wins more when it matters. He can get into the GOAT in the RS discussion right now. Sure. Have at it.

I think LeBron is top 10 all time if he retired right now, easily. Guy is amazing. Taking the Cavaliers to the finals might be the greatest basketball accomplishment in the history of the NBA.

Reaction Score
No man - not "picking him apart" at all. I'll give him his props - he's one of 3 or 4 guys every team would pick over every other QB in the league right now. I was simply refuting the thought that he is "one of the best ever." No way in hell is he, currently, "one of the best ever." That's just overboard. The guy's playoff record is 5 and 4. Minus the one year they won it all, his playoff record is 1 and 4. Seriously, TD to Int ratio is nice, but winning is what it is all about.

Point is, his numbers are great, and he's a great quarterback, but getting into the GOAT discussion requires winning, not passing yards and TD/INT numbers - and he's had good teams to take into the playoffs. He's not close to the GOAT, and he won't get into the discussion until and unless he wins more when it matters. He can get into the GOAT in the RS discussion right now. Sure. Have at it.

I think LeBron is top 10 all time if he retired right now, easily. Guy is amazing. Taking the Cavaliers to the finals might be the greatest basketball accomplishment in the history of the NBA.

You can actually mix up Manning, Rogers and Brady and be happy with any of them. But watching each play and depending on the line they have, Rogers could easily be the best of all 3 at this point this year. He's moving around making plays the other 2 can't but again, anyone can argue for any of the 3 and win.

Reaction Score

Believe me, I'm a Packers fan, those teams have been good because of Rodgers. We saw what happened when he went down last year. The defense has been average to mediocre for 4-5 years now and the offensive line has been bad throughout his career. He's had a good amount of talented receivers, but looking at just the overall litany of weapons he's had in his career, I'm inclined to believe they look good because of Rodgers, not the other way around.

Rodgers is the greatest of all time in a number of statistical categories. It's not at all far fetched to call him the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom