OT: Patriots | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My team sucks we went through this already up, you happy with saying it yet again? I know you are but what am I, man having some fun here time to grow some hair pal.

It must just suck, that's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
You're welcome. Not going to get into an argument with you about it... if it makes you happier seeing the Patriots lose than your own team win, then that's your prerogative.

Not happier per se but my teams awful and done. If there's another rooting interest then so be it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. Just having some fun and you would think that the fans of a team so damn good year in and year out could handle it, but it's been proven otherwise here.

Not much different than Husky fans wanting to see Duke and UK get beat now is it?

Reaction Score
It must just suck, that's all I'm saying.

It doesn't upstater it happens. It must have REALLY sucked for you growing up though huh? I mean really sucked they were always dreadful. ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow, Pats fans are salty of late, eh? It's not enough to enjoy still being in the hunt?

Relax kids. Having people root against you is the ultimate compliment because it is a sign of success. The Pats are to the NFL what Duke is to college basketball (without the hugs) or what the Yankees were to MLB (without likable players like Jeter or Rivera).

I look at the Giants like UConn. Highs and lows, but a great organization with enough championships and history to be proud of. And the two that UConn took from each of Duke and UK are like the two that the Giants took from the Pats, i.e., those wins are even more valuable because they prevented the evil empire from having two more.

Reaction Score
Not happier per se but my teams awful and done. If there's another rooting interest then so be it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone. Just having some fun and you would think that the fans of a team so damn good year in and year out could handle it, but it's been proven otherwise here.

Not much different than Husky fans wanting to see Duke and UK get beat now is it?

I totally understand your point, and I have no issue with you rooting against the Patriots (couldn't care less to be honest). The reason I responded to your initial post was that you said something to the effect of "is there anything better than the Jets winning?"
If I was a Giants fan I could probably think of a few things, but again, to each his own.

Reaction Score
Wow, Pats fans are salty of late, eh? It's not enough to enjoy still being in the hunt?

Relax kids. Having people root against you is the ultimate compliment because it is a sign of success. The Pats are to the NFL what Duke is to college basketball (without the hugs) or what the Yankees were to MLB (without likable players like Jeter or Rivera).

I look at the Giants like UConn. Highs and lows, but a great organization with enough championships and history to be proud of. And the two that UConn took from each of Duke and UK are like the two that the Giants took from the Pats, i.e., those wins are even more valuable because they prevented the evil empire from having two more.

The voice of reason - amazing in itself :oops:

Reaction Score
I totally understand your point, and I have no issue with you rooting against the Patriots (couldn't care less to be honest). The reason I responded to your initial post was that you said something to the effect of "is there anything better than the Jets winning?"
If I was a Giants fan I could probably think of a few things, but again, to each his own.

Good point on "anything better" that's overreaction. Giants first, Pats and Cowboys losing 2nd LOL......Go Huskies

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Losing WR Kenbrell Thompkins to what looked like a non-contact ACL injury sucks as the jets have lost depth at that position. What happened to the Pat's Sebastian Vollmer? They called for a cart quickly for him, which is never be a good sign. While I am a jets fan, best wishes to him, too, as injuries suck, no matter the team.

I was gutted for that kid. Loved him on the Pats. Great redemptive story. Was psyched when Oakland cut him, and the Pats scooped him up again. He'd still be on the Pats if they didn't have so many injuries and needed to sign guys at positions of need. Pissed he went to the Jets. Happy he was finding success. Bill loved that kid, as you could see by the mid field hand shake/condolence yesterday.

Vollmer's injury, to this fan, looked like a pretty severe ankle injury. Hopefully just a sprain, and not a break. Guy that size though, it might be tough. No word yet.

Reaction Score
You mean my posts discussing the players on the Patriots' offensive line? Where I discuss real actual players?

As opposed to saying nothing? Yes, those are posts discussing games and players. You should try watching the sport of football sometime. The ball is brown, not orange.
No, your conspiracy posts. Your excuses about injuries came after.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If anyone has a right to be aggrieved, after all the nonsense this offseason, it's Pats fans. I would also compare the Pats to UCONN in this way. You don't think the NCAA bullsh_t UCONN went through gave fans a reason to be salty post championships (2011/2014)? The commentary on this board would suggest that was the case; people STILL post about it all the time. Additionally, and there's a very good comparison between coaches than Calhoun and Belichick. Both cantankerous bullheaded masterminds who are at the very, very top of their professions historically.

Without likeable players? You are out of your mind. THAT shows your bias. The Pats roster is filled with likeable players. They have very few, if any, UNlikeable players. Multiple winners of the annual community service award; barely anyone getting arrested, and when they are, cut immediately. Yes AH, blah blah blah...that was clearly a one off.

And not one Red Sox fan liked Jeter, just as it is with New York fans and Brady. But the rest of the country loves Brady: he often leads in Jersey sales, week in week out, and this is after a 15 year career. Usually the leader in Jersey sales is a young gun. He is the face of the NFL right now.

Note, I enjoy being the Evil Empire, as I'm sure Yankees fans did in the late 90s. It means you are the best. Everything you do is front page news. Just part of the territory. But I'm not going to sit quiet if I think other fans are being untruthful and spreading talking point lies. Nor do I think I should be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It doesn't upstater it happens. It must have REALLY sucked for you growing up though huh? I mean really sucked they were always dreadful. ;)

It did, but that was long in the past. And no, not always dreadful, but enough of the time. Not dreadful under Raymond Berry or Chuck Fairbanks. But yes under the Perkins/Erhardt disasters. And then of course I was at college during the horrid years pre-Parcells. But again, it was so long ago. And we've had 15 years of dominance.

Reaction Score
The voice of reason - amazing in itself :oops:

Duke is a better comparison. UK has won one in that period. Not a good comparison at all. And UK has been in the NIT a couple times.

Reaction Score
If anyone has a right to be aggrieved, after all the nonsense this offseason, it's Pats fans. I would also compare the Pats to UCONN in this way. You don't think the NCAA bullsh_t UCONN went through gave fans a reason to be salty post championships (2011/2014)? Additionally, and there's a very good comparison between coaches than Calhoun and Belichick. Both cantankerous bullheaded masterminds who are at the very, very top of their professions historically.

Without likeable players? You are out of your mind. THAT shows your bias. The Pats roster is filled with likeable players. They have very few, if any, UNlikeable players. Multiple winners of the annual community service award; barely anyone getting arrested, and when they are, cut immediately. Yes AH, blah blah blah...that was clearly a one off.

And not one Red Sox fan liked Jeter, just as it is with New York fans and Brady. But the rest of the country loves Brady: he often leads in Jersey sales, week in week out, and this is after a 15 year career. Usually the leader in Jersey sales is a young gun. He is the face of the NFL right now.

Note, I enjoy being the Evil Empire, as I'm sure Yankees fans did in the late 90s. It means you are the best. Everything you do is front page news. Just part of the territory.
Please just stop, comparing the Patriots to the Yankess and Belichick to Calhoun is gross. There is always a bit of a backlash with very successful teams but the cheating is what really pisses the rest of the country off. As for all the nice guys the Patriots employ it's the same as all the other teams except for the serial killer star player they employed.

Reaction Score
No, your conspiracy posts. Your excuses about injuries came after.

I am sure no one knows what you are talking about.

The posts on the coin flip were all from reporter transcripts.

And since you didn't even watch or have no clue at what is going on here, let me educate you: it was clear that Slater disagreed with the ref because he grabbed his head, like WTF!!

As for what was said, I was going off the reporter's transcripts that appeared immediately on twitter, but the fact is, Slater disagreed with the ref, and there is absolute evidence of that.

Conspiracy has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I never expect you to be accurate so... why should your latest posts be any different?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If anyone has a right to be aggrieved, after all the nonsense this offseason, it's Pats fans. I would also compare the Pats to UCONN in this way. You don't think the NCAA bullsh_t UCONN went through gave fans a reason to be salty post championships (2011/2014)? Additionally, and there's a very good comparison between coaches than Calhoun and Belichick. Both cantankerous bullheaded masterminds who are at the very, very top of their professions historically.

Without likeable players? You are out of your mind. THAT shows your bias. The Pats roster is filled with likeable players. They have very few, if any, UNlikeable players. Not one Red Sox fan liked Jeter, just as it is with New York fans and Brady. But the rest of the country loves Brady: he often leads in Jersey sales, week in week out, and this is after a 15 year career. Usually the leader in Jersey sales is a young gun.
Please. Unlike UConn, nothing ever sticks to the Pats. They are without question the biggest martyrs in all of professional sports history. They cry so much over any suggestion of impropriety that you would think they actually got real penalties for the various and sundry misdeeds at which they have been caught red handed.

I don't know anyone who didn't like Jeter except @Deepster, who is a Mets fan like me. I know hundreds of Red Sox fans and they all respected guys like him, O'Neil, Mariano, etc. Conversely, I don't know anyone other than Pats fans who like Brady. There is no denying his championships, but theyguy is such a sanctimonious pretty boy hypocrite that even most women I know can't stand him.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to vomit about the mere thought of your Belichick/Calhoun comparison and try to forget that you ever blasphemed Calhoun in that way.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Please just stop, comparing the Patriots to the Yankess and Belichick to Calhoun is gross. There is always a bit of a backlash with very successful teams but the cheating is what really pisses the rest of the country off. As for all the nice guys the Patriots employ it's the same as all the other teams except for the serial killer star player they employed.

The 'cheating' is as manufactured as what UCONN's was. Both broke the rules technically, but in reality, everyone (with a brain) knows it's BS. The Patriots never even cheated, according the laws of science and reality. If you think otherwise, you ride with the creationists and flatearthers on that one. Be my guest.

It's like someone telling you there's gravity, and you deny it simply because you don't like the organization telling you this. Hell, one study was lead by a scientist who was an ardent JETS fan, and he even concluded that science says the balls were within a normal range of deflation. But again, please ignore reality.

Reaction Score
I am sure no one knows what you are talking about.

The posts on the coin flip were all from reporter transcripts.

And since you didn't even watch or have no clue at what is going on here, let me educate you: it was clear that Slater disagreed with the ref because he grabbed his head, like WTF!!

As for what was said, I was going off the reporter's transcripts that appeared immediately on twitter, but the fact is, Slater disagreed with the ref, and there is absolute evidence of that.

Conspiracy has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I never expect you to be accurate so... why should your latest posts be any different?
You're hilarious, keep them coming!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The action that brought about spy-___ were technically against the rules, but it's not like they couldn't have done what they did from the stands or their own sideline. There was no real competitive advantage. The actions that brought about deflate-___ were, for all intents and purposes, fabricated. Whatever "evidence" the Wells Report brought to light had better alternative (and duplicable) reason for why they occurred, and while Judge Berman did not rule on the evidence in his judgment, he tore the NFL a new one in open court regarding the evidence.

By being first to the punch and shaping the narrative, the NFL did a great job in the Court of Public Opinion. Any other subsequent clarifying details were, more or less, ignored by the headline devouring public outside the 5 1/2 state New England region. In a Court of law however, the NFL failed miserably.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Please. Unlike UConn, nothing ever sticks to the Pats. They are without question the biggest martyrs in all of professional sports history. They cry so much over any suggestion of impropriety that you would think they actually got real penalties for the various and sundry misdeeds at which they have been caught red handed.

According to the laws of science (read: reality), they were not caught with anything in 'deflategate'. It was all explained naturally in numerous studies. But antiPatriots people consider that being 'caught'. "The numbers are what they are -> cheaters" equates beatifully to "the APR and Grad Rate is what it is -> non compliance, dirty program, etc". Both statements are read with no context, and that is why they fail.

I don't know anyone who didn't like Jeter except @Deepster, who is a Mets fan like me. I know hundreds of Red Sox fans and they all respected guys like him, O'Neil, Mariano, etc. Conversely, I don't know anyone other than Pats fans who like Brady. There is no denying his championships, but theyguy is such a sanctimonious pretty boy hypocrite that even most women I know can't stand him.

If you polled them NOW, perhaps, but during that time, pre 2004, I didn't know a single Sox fan who was on Jeter's side. He was known among Sox fans as the single most overrated player in history. 2004, 2007, 2013 have soften Sox fans considerably.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to vomit about the mere thought of your Belichick/Calhoun comparison and try to forget that you ever blasphemed Calhoun in that way.

And that's just your bias. I'm comparing Calhoun to the greatest NFL coach (and roster builder) to ever live. The true GOAT. That's the highest compliment to give the man, all your biases aside. You would call that blasphemy, but anyone looking at it objectively would call it the greatest respect.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
The 'cheating' is as manufactured as what UCONN's was. Both broke the rules technically, but in reality, everyone (with a brain) knows it's BS. The Patriots never even cheated, according the laws of science and reality. If you think otherwise, you ride with the creationists and flatearthers on that one. Be my guest. It's like someone telling you there's gravity, and you deny it simply because you don't like the organization telling you this. Hell, one study was lead by a scientist who was an ardent JETS fan, and he even concluded that science says the balls were within a normal range of deflation. But again, please ignore reality.

And the spying/filming and disguising staff in nfl films garb is science too?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Dude the greatest player in Giants history duckcks underrages girls and smokes/snorts serious amounts of crack. Bravo.

Did you know Aaron H was addicted to PCP and turned into a nutbag? Because not one other person in the NFL did.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And the spying/filming and disguising staff in nfl films garb is science too?

The Pats filmed from the sideline instead of the endzone, where it is legal. Big whoop. Remember, it was NOT ILLEGAL during there first run of championships.

What is that NFL films garb thing? Where did you get that?

Reaction Score
According to the laws of science (read: reality), they were not caught with anything in 'deflategate'. It was all explained naturally in numerous studies. But antiPatriots people consider that being 'caught'. "The numbers are what they are -> cheaters" equates beatifully to "the APR and Grad Rate is what it is -> non compliance, dirty program, etc". Both statements are read with no context, and that is why they fail.

If you polled them NOW, perhaps, but during that time, pre 2004, I didn't know a single Sox fan who was on Jeter's side. He was known among Sox fans as the single most overrated player in history. 2004, 2007, 2013 have soften Sox fans considerably.

And that's just your bias. I'm comparing Calhoun to the greatest NFL coach (and roster builder) to ever live. The true GOAT. That's the highest compliment to give the man, all your biases aside. You would call that blasphemy, but anyone looking at it objectively would call it the greatest respect.
I take offense with Belechick being compared to Calhoun because Bill has zero personality. You can compare them as coaches all you want because they are two of the best to ever do it in their respective sports but they are totally different personalities.

Reaction Score
Why would they defer? In OT, Belichick takes the ball all the time.
Pats lose, blame the refs or the NFL for conspiring against them.

It is what they do, they are a miserable bunch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I take offense with Belechick being compared to Calhoun because Bill has zero personality. You can compare them as coaches all you want because they are two of the best to ever do it in their respective sports but they are totally different personalities.

Hahha, Bill's apparently a good and funny guy off the field. But OK, you can like JC more. That's fine, I certainly have no problem with that. I'd prefer to have a beer with JC myself.

How do you think other fans of other teams feel about JC personally? Because I know the answer to that.

Neither of those two made ANY friends in the media and opposing fanbases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom