OT: Patriots | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Patriots (especially Brady and Belichick) hate the Jets so there is no way they would let the Jets win. They are rivals: the Jets would lose a game if it meant the Pats missing out on something important (such as the playoffs in 2008) and the Pats would do the same if the Jets had an opportunity to clinch something. On top of that, Belichick is incredibly competitive (proving it by going for 16-0 when he could have rested players in a game he had more to lose [injuries] than gain [perfection]). The theory about the Steelers being a more difficult opponent than the Jets (which isn't even true) is ridiculous at best. For one, there is no guarantee the Patriots would meet EITHER of these teams in the playoffs so why try to predict the future (especially if they fall to the #2 seed). Now is it true that both the Steelers and Jets would likely beat the Broncos (in their current condition)? Probably, but you can't assume those things. Also, if it's true that the Pats were trying to throw the game, why were they behind so long (even when the Steelers were down double digits) and then furiously came back (even though the Steelers were still down by 10).

The truth of the matter is: the Jets were better today, and likely were more than a touchdown better. The only thing that made this a game was the fumble the Jet's lineman head butted instead of holding on to. Did the Patriots have plenty of injuries? Sure, but overall, the Jets were better. Honestly, I'm not convinced we won't see this match up again in either the Divisional Round or the AFC Championship Game.
I think the Patriots have bigger rivals in the Colts, Steelers and Broncos. They have met those teams in much bigger games. The Patriots are the Jets super bowl every time they play. I think the Jets lose to the Bills in Buffalo next week due to a let down.

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I don't think anybody does. Seems they've played their entire season under a rock. If a team located in New York or Philadelphia had started 1-5 and then ripped off nine in a row, people would already be planning the documentaries.
They've played a whole bunch of nobodies during their win streak. They did play the steelers without rothlesberger and bell, and the Broncos with Peyton throwing 4 picks in his final game before getting benched. They do have a good d and have not been turning the ball over, but it remains to be seen if They can avoid choking in the playoffs. Whatever team they meet in the playoffs will be the best team they have played in 2 months.

Reaction Score
Pretty pathetic that you legitimately root for the Patriots to lose more than you do your own team to win.

What's pathetic is this reply Matt. I'm pretty sure everyone has a reason to root for someone in most every game they watch any would this one be any different? I guess you kind of answered why I do with this pathetic response so thank you;)

Reaction Score
What's pathetic is this reply Matt. I'm pretty sure everyone has a reason to root for someone in most every game they watch any would this one be any different? I guess you kind of answered why I do with this pathetic response so thank you;)

Some just have more incentive to do this kind of thing. I mean, Giants fans.

Reaction Score
As a Jets fan, I will just say I am happy with the results, now, they just need to beat Rex and the Billsnext week to make the playoffs and then see what happens.

Losing WR Kenbrell Thompkins to what looked like a non-contact ACL injury sucks as the jets have lost depth at that position. What happened to the Pat's Sebastian Vollmer? They called for a cart quickly for him, which is never be a good sign. While I am a jets fan, best wishes to him, too, as injuries suck, no matter the team.

Anybody go to to the game via the UConn alumni event? The seats (section 228) were not bad and the post-game field access was cool.

Reaction Score
Some just have more incentive to do this kind of thing. I mean, Giants fans.

Why? Not sure I understand. Would it be different if I was a Cowboy fan in WesMass? I think not upstater. But again, a Giant fan has little incentive to dislike the Pats, they beat them when they have to ;)

Reaction Score
Why? Not sure I understand. Would it be different if I was a Cowboy fan in WesMass? I think not upstater. But again, a Giant fan has little incentive to dislike the Pats, they beat them when they have to ;)

Why? Because the Giants suck. They are bad. And they're not going to the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Why? Because the Giants suck. They are bad. And they're not going to the playoffs.

Imagine they handed the game to you guys and they suck? Wow says a lot about the AFC Least huh?

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/bridgestone-golf-nfl-cap.html

Now go buy this Pats golf hat, pretty good deal for $12.49 - good luck int he playoffs seriously I do mean that. My guys blow and are out so football is over of the year.

Reaction Score
Imagine they handed the game to you guys and they suck? Wow says a lot about the AFC Least huh?

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/bridgestone-golf-nfl-cap.html

Now go buy this Pats golf hat, pretty good deal for $12.49 - good luck int he playoffs seriously I do mean that. My guys blow and are out so football is over of the year.

What people don't understand about the AFC Least is that while it does suck, very much, it sucks less than the rest of the NFL. You don't have to tell me about how superior the Patriots are to everyone else. It is true though that the Patriots have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do the AFC East for the last 15 years.

Reaction Score
What people don't understand about the AFC Least is that while it does suck, very much, it sucks less than the rest of the NFL. You don't have to tell me about how superior the Patriots are to everyone else. It is true though that the Patriots have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do the AFC East for the last 15 years.

Not all that superior to the Giants in head-to-head matches now are they?

This is all about how you guys view everything since the bandwagon started with Bill and Tom. I mean I moved to WesMass in '90 and hardly ever saw a Patriot hat, jacket, shirt or any apparel for 10 years or so. Then BOOM 50-60-70 year olds all over the place wearing everything you can think of and talking like they just started the franchise. Add the Sox winning a WS and the place is beyond tolerable, the arrogance beyond ridiculous. And you prove it with a sentence like "You don't have to tell me how superior the Pats are to everyone else." LOL, you are one of them but hey, consistency is great upstater.

Hence my happiness for the Jets yesterday. With the Giants gone I admit my favorite team will be the one who beats the Pats and no one will come close! Enjoy

Reaction Score
Not all that superior to the Giants in head-to-head matches now are they?

This is all about how you guys view everything since the bandwagon started with Bill and Tom. I mean I moved to WesMass in '90 and hardly ever saw a Patriot hat, jacket, shirt or any apparel for 10 years or so. Then BOOM 50-60-70 year olds all over the place wearing everything you can think of and talking like they just started the franchise. Add the Sox winning a WS and the place is beyond tolerable, the arrogance beyond ridiculous. And you prove it with a sentence like "You don't have to tell me how superior the Pats are to everyone else." LOL, you are one of them but hey, consistency is great upstater.

Hence my happiness for the Jets yesterday. With the Giants gone I admit my favorite team will be the one who beats the Pats and no one will come close! Enjoy

I'm old. Been watching since mid 70s. So get out of here with the bandwagon stuff. First time I drove my car out of state was as a 16 year old to Foxboro. Place was packed. Early 80s.

I mean, the Giants just suck. Really suck. They are bad. The Patriots just won at least 12 games for the 10th season out of 12. The non-12 win seasons were 11 wins without Brady and 10 wins. Or, to put it another way, they won at least 12 games for the 6th straight season. They went to 9 conference championship games during the Brady era. 9!!! In other words, the Patriots over a 15 year span are the winningest team in NFL history. Year-in, year-out consistency? YES. Conference championships? YES. Super Bowl victories? YES. Flash in the pan out of the playoffs sucky years? NO.

Anyone who would want the Giants record over the Patriots record is deranged and out of his mind.

Reaction Score
Upstater seems fresh out of conspiracy theories today, maybe the Patriots just lost a regular ole football game.

I know you guys don't watch much football, but it's not like college ball. I know this is a college sports website, but in the NFL teams lose games. You should know all about that as a Giants fan.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Does it get any better than the Jets winning?
Yes. It would have been better if the Patriots won. The Jets completely outplayed the Patriots, but oh well. On to Miami. Hopefully the Pats get Edelman and Amendola back and lock up home field advantage.

Sports-wise, it was not a successful weekend in the 25 house. UConn lost and the Pats lost. The only redemption (besides seeing my son's face on Friday Morning) is the Redskins winning on Saturday night to be the last to lose win the NFC East.

If Brock osweiller , Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Sam Bradford can beat the pats, then I don't think any of those other names are a total stretch. With that o line, any team with a good pass rush is going to have a good shot.
The Pats lost in Denver (Should have won) and New Jersey (could have won even though they were completely outplayed). The loss in Foxborough to the Eagles is unexplainable except to say, On any given Sunday..." I thought the Pat beat themselves. In a effort to step on the Eagles' collective throat, they tried the onside kick, but it didn't work out and Philly took full advantage of the momentum. They did the same thing vs. the Redskins. At the time, it seemed fairly obvious that Belichick did not respect the 'Skins. There was a comment something to the effect that they wanted to practice the onside kick in real game situations. Perhaps that was the thinking vs. Philly. At the time of the Philly loss, there was real smoke about the team vs. the coach and Chip Kelly being fired.

Reaction Score
I know you guys don't watch much football, but it's not like college ball. I know this is a college sports website, but in the NFL teams lose games. You should know all about that as a Giants fan.

Yeah check out the last 2 Super Bowls the Giants won though, because the best teams win games too. They aren't as successful year in year out like the Pats but I will take those 2 wins over anything you throw at me upstater. I know you elect to deflect those but hey, we like them. And again, as much as we suck and we do, we handed you the W this year just keep that in mind ;) As old as you are you are obviously new to winning too and didnt know what it was like so now your just like the arrogant bandwagon fans up here no matter how many games you went to or saw in the 70's.

Did the NFL start in 2000? LOL hope someone really kicks your a** now no need to go back to the reply I offered sincere luck to you. Can't do that again, you're fairly obnoxious.

Reaction Score
I don't watch much Patriots football, can't stand bandwagons. Seems like you have dropped your conspiracies from yesterday, I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Yeah check out the last 2 Super Bowls the Giants won though, because the best teams win games too. They aren't as successful year in year out like the Pats but I will take those 2 wins over anything you throw at me upstater. I know you elect to deflect those but hey, we like them. And again, as much as we suck and we do, we handed you the W this year just keep that in mind ;) As old as you are you are obviously new to winning too and didnt know what it was like so now your just like the arrogant bandwagon fans up here no matter how many games you went to or saw in the 70's.

Did the NFL start in 2000? LOL hope someone really kicks your a** now no need to go back to the reply I offered sincere luck to you. Can't do that again, you're fairly obnoxious.

OK, hold onto the 2. Patriots fans are doing just fine thank you, with Super Bowl wins (heck, the Patriots are the reigning not-yet-dethroned champions!) And we win consistently. My team is still in it this year, where's yours?

Reaction Score
I don't watch much Patriots football, can't stand bandwagons. Seems like you have dropped your conspiracies from yesterday, I guess that's a step in the right direction.

You just blather all the time, never anything of substance.

Reaction Score

It's hilarious how much you trash Pats fans while constantly trolling Pats threads.

I'm choking on irony.

Reaction Score
It's hilarious how much you trash Pats fans while constantly trolling Pats threads.

I'm choking on irony.

Not trolling just replying. If you don't think it's worth reading I suggest you move on or choke on this instead of the irony ;)

Reaction Score
OK, hold onto the 2. Patriots fans are doing just fine thank you, with Super Bowl wins (heck, the Patriots are the reigning not-yet-dethroned champions!) And we win consistently. My team is still in it this year, where's yours?

My team sucks we went through this already up, you happy with saying it yet again? I know you are but what am I, man having some fun here time to grow some hair pal.

Reaction Score

You're welcome. Not going to get into an argument with you about it... if it makes you happier seeing the Patriots lose than your own team win, then that's your prerogative.

Reaction Score
Look at your posts from the first page of this thread again, it's great stuff.

You mean my posts discussing the players on the Patriots' offensive line? Where I discuss real actual players?

As opposed to saying nothing? Yes, those are posts discussing games and players. You should try watching the sport of football sometime. The ball is brown, not orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom