OT: NFL Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

Reaction Score
Do you prefer Perine to UT's Foreman, or do you just think we can get him later?
I think they both go round 3, and I'd be fine with either one. But I'd prefer an OL in round 3, depending on who's there of course.

I think there's gonna be a run on DBs early in round 2 which will help one of the LBs drop to the Giants. I prefer Cunningham but could live with McMillan or Bowser

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
This was not the year to do it. Smith...for whatever else you can say, came out of Utah and was the #1 overall pick, with a grade vastly higher than Mahomes, who shouldn't even be a 1st rounder. This QB class sucks. Watson might have success, and I think some of the lower round picks will likely be better than the two who went first.

KC had lots of success with Smith, and with Montana, and Bono and others. I was living in KC during the Montana years, some excellent teams.

The problem is KC hasn't seen the AFC championship since Montana and Marcus Allen despite having some amazing defensive years under Marty and some amazing years of offense under Vermeil. Brees and Manning are the only 2 QB's in the last 10 years to win a SB and not be drafted by the team. 30 years of bringing in outside qb help has achieved nothing for KC. I love Alex Smith but he's just not going to win the big one. Even if Mahomes never wins a SB he just might bring the same excitement Favre brought to Green Bay for all those years. He's going to drive you nuts from time to time, but he's also going to blow your mind once a while.

I feel as if the quarterbacks coming out of college are far less prepared for the NFL than ever before. Very very few are running pro style offenses. Every team needs a QB and if ive got to roll the dice on one I'm taking the kid with a cannon arm that can make the off balance throws.

Reaction Score
They got lucky that the dude fell in their lap.

However, I give them credit for seeing this and making the obvious pick to draft him.

this guy will be a star and leader for the next 6-10 years. Cornerstone pick.

You're overstating things a bit, but the reason he "fell" to them is just due to safety not being as valuable a position as many others like LT, DE, QB.

Reaction Score
Yeah... I wonder if they got bluffed/bullied into it. SF saying they had someone trading up (and maybe they did), but offered to Bears to match so SF could retain a higher pick this year.

No reason to make this type of move if they had any belief whatsoever in Glennon, and why give him that money if not?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
No reason to make this type of move if they had any belief whatsoever in Glennon, and why give him that money if not?
The one thing I can say is that they must think Trubisky can be very good...but not right away. If they sit Trubisky 1.5 years, They can have Glennon back up the 2nd half of 2018. Then he only costs 1 mil to cut.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The problem is KC hasn't seen the AFC championship since Montana and Marcus Allen despite having some amazing defensive years under Marty and some amazing years of offense under Vermeil. Brees and Manning are the only 2 QB's in the last 10 years to win a SB and not be drafted by the team. 30 years of bringing in outside qb help has achieved nothing for KC. I love Alex Smith but he's just not going to win the big one. Even if Mahomes never wins a SB he just might bring the same excitement Favre brought to Green Bay for all those years. He's going to drive you nuts from time to time, but he's also going to blow your mind once a while.

I feel as if the quarterbacks coming out of college are far less prepared for the NFL than ever before. Very very few are running pro style offenses. Every team needs a QB and if ive got to roll the dice on one I'm taking the kid with a cannon arm that can make the off balance throws.

I just don't even think Mahomes will ever really be a starter in the league. He won't play over Smith, so why do it this year? If I was gambling, I would have burned a third round pick on Peterman from Pitt who I think is probably better. We watch teams reach for QBs year after year.

Look at all these misses. NFL.com Draft 2017 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I just don't even think Mahomes will ever really be a starter in the league. He won't play over Smith, so why do it this year? If I was gambling, I would have burned a third round pick on Peterman from Pitt who I think is probably better. We watch teams reach for QBs year after year.

Look at all these misses. NFL.com Draft 2017 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

I think they did it this year so they could address his mechanics for an entire year under Andy Reid without risking the entire season going to crap by throwing Mahomes right to the wolves. I agree, a lot of these kids are misses but at some point you've got to gamble. Or you've got to catch lightning in a bottle with a late round sleeper like Dak Prescott, Tom Brady or Tony Romo. Over the years they've tried that technique with Brody Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Kevin Hogan and Ricky Stanzi will no success. Its a gamble for sure. People lose their jobs over bad drafts all the time. Other people cement their legacy by doing the same however.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whelp, seeing as the Pats traded their pick, I'll say that, in retrospect, I'm happy with the hall at that slot. 32nd pick for two years of relatively cheap, elite level Brandon Cooks. Especially given the top receivers going off the board so early. I was surprised at that.

Cooks has elite speed and quickness, and he's is a deep threat they haven't had since Moss. Can do everything. Should be fun to watch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dare I say it? I think the Jets actually did something good with their first round pick?

Maybe. Thought Vernon Gholston was good too. But this guys really good, so I doubt it.

Jets really should have packaged that pick. They need more than a few guys, so would have been good to have picked in multiple slots. Plus, teams were giving out the goods this year.

Reaction Score
Jets are a total joke. Take 2 Safetys. They took Pryor in 2014 mid 1st. He's a total bust and remember Dee Milner.

Guessing they go D with the plan to #SukforSam in 2017

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Bears proved they don't know what they are doing, John Lynch (49ers) took candy from a baby in the process.

The Bears are absolutely ret@rded. And they paid something like 40m for Glennon? . Honestly one of the worst draft moves I've seen in years.

Unless he becomes All Pro. Lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They gave up draft picks for next years stacked QB draft to draft a QB who would have absolutely been there at their turn....

When they just signed a guy for 40m . hahaha

Reaction Score
And Todd Bowles is a total disaster.

The whole white-black thing goes both ways. This guy is a clown show joke. Awful HC.

Honestly hate this guy so much.

Jets are a total joke. Take 2 Safetys. They took Pryor in 2014 mid 1st. He's a total bust and remember Dee Milner.

Guessing they go D with the plan to #SukforSam in 2017

Reaction Score
He's so bad. He'll get another year and maybe more because they'll suck and get an elite QB next year and then he could get 2-3 years to see if that player develops.

Hopefully Woody is smart and fires him mid-season when they are 2-7

Todd Bowles is my brother-in-law.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He's so bad. He'll get another year and maybe more because they'll suck and get an elite QB next year and then he could get 2-3 years to see if that player develops.

Hopefully Woody is smart and fires him mid-season when they are 2-7

The Jets biggest problem is that of the Knicks. . Tbe guy at the top.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For those that don't wander to the Football Forum:

Nice! Uconn had a good little pipeline to the NFL for a minute there. I'm hoping we can get it back. All about profile

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As a Buffalo fan on that end of the KC trade, I love it and I think KC was fine to do it as well; it's a good risk. They're setting up their future while maintaining the present as best you can.

I actually feel good about the Bills' direction now because of that trade. It was, at this point, a win-win trade.

I'm not super excited about drafting another CB but I recognize the need and White is supposedly very good.

I admittedly am not as in tune with the prospects as I normally am, but I'm happy with their draft thus far. Two starters, minimum, hopefully impact starters.

Reaction Score
And Todd Bowles is a total disaster.

The whole white-black thing goes both ways. This guy is a clown show joke. Awful HC.

Honestly hate this guy so much.

When a coach like Rex flames out, you go get the anti-Rex. Quiet, no stupid sound bites, nothing for the back pages. He's a dead man walkin now. Hopefully, they can draft a Qb next year and get a new qb, coach and offensive coordinator all at the same time to grow together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom