OT: NFL Draft | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wish Reese traded up to nab Howard. But he never does anything.

Skins and Bucs got great value.

Reaction Score
Its all background but why am I hearing Goldeneye 007 N64 music? Am I the only one?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Gutsiest move in 35 years in Kansas City was pulled off by UConn alum John Dorsey. Trade the farm for Patrick Mahomes. Let him sling it!

Reaction Score
I wish Reese traded up to nab Howard. But he never does anything.

Skins and Bucs got great value.

I wanted Howard but I'm good with this pick, there was no sense in losing picks just to trade up a few spots.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The Bears proved they don't know what they are doing, John Lynch (49ers) took candy from a baby in the process.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Bears proved they don't know what they are doing, John Lynch (49ers) took candy from a baby in the process.
As stupid as it may sound the Bears desperately need a QB and they saw a kid who happens to be Polish and felt that would be a great fit in Chicago - but I really think the kid would have been there when their turn came about - If it were me, I would take Mahomes, the kid is amazing

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As stupid as it may sound the Bears desperately need a QB and they saw a kid who happens to be Polish and felt that would be a great fit in Chicago - but I really think the kid would have been there when their turn came about - If it were me, I would take Mahomes, the kid is amazing

They gave up draft picks for next years stacked QB draft to draft a QB who would have absolutely been there at their turn....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gutsiest move in 35 years in Kansas City was pulled off by UConn alum John Dorsey. Trade the farm for Patrick Mahomes. Let him sling it!

Horrible move. Dorsey should have been a second rounder, if that. When will these teams learn?

Reaction Score
Mahomes' throwing motion < Vance Jackson jump shot

Reaction Score

They moved up 1 freaking spot.

Reaction Score
The track record of air raid QBs in the NFL..... is not pretty.

Can Mahomes or Webb break the air raid’s NFL drought?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Clearly SF figured out who the Bears wanted and said "We're picking this guy unless you do something to convince us not to." It may have been a bluff but the Bears went for it -- unfortunately for them, the fact that SF needs a QB put some teeth in the threat. The Bears gave up an awful lot to get their guy.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Horrible move. Dorsey should have been a second rounder, if that. When will these teams learn?

I'm assuming you meant Mahomes. KC hasn't drafted a 1st round QB since Blackledge in like 1983. At some point they had to take a risk and try for a franchise QB. Deberg, Bono, old Montana, Grbac, Alex Smith .... all retreads and very little success over the last 30+ years. Kid looks a lot like the guy Reid drafted in green bay a long time ago. Mahomes can sit behind Alex Smith and work on his mechanics for a year, maybe 2. As a KC fan, I love the pick. QB's a notoriously overdrafted so while he was probably a 2nd round pick, Tribiski came off the board really early and the Texans were ripe to slide up and take Mahomes but ended up settling for Watson. I think Watson has more poise about him and has played better competition over the years he's not nearly as entertaining as Mahomes.

Reaction Score
Dare I say it? I think the Jets actually did something good with their first round pick?

They got lucky that the dude fell in their lap.

However, I give them credit for seeing this and making the obvious pick to draft him.

this guy will be a star and leader for the next 6-10 years. Cornerstone pick.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Clearly SF figured out who the Bears wanted and said "We're picking this guy unless you do something to convince us not to." It may have been a bluff but the Bears went for it -- unfortunately for them, the fact that SF needs a QB put some teeth in the threat. The Bears gave up an awful lot to get their guy.
Or said Team X has offered ABC for him. Beat it or the deal is done.

Reese doesn't do much, but he did move up to the first pick in the 2nd round a few yrs ago to get an All-pro safety named Landon Collins. That being said - id much prefer Howard. I also wanted OL. This team needs to be able to run the ball or all these weapons wont be as effective. It starts in the trenches. Blount is certainly not the answer either. Trade up for Cam Robinson in the 2nd. Get a mauler who will immediately help the line.

Reaction Score
They moved up 1 freaking spot.

Yeah... I wonder if they got bluffed/bullied into it. SF saying they had someone trading up (and maybe they did), but offered to Bears to match so SF could retain a higher pick this year.

Reaction Score

Reese doesn't do much, but he did move up to the first pick in the 2nd round a few yrs ago to get an All-pro safety named Landon Collins. That being said - id much prefer Howard. I also wanted OL. This team needs to be able to run the ball or all these weapons wont be as effective. It starts in the trenches. Blount is certainly not the answer either. Trade up for Cam Robinson in the 2nd. Get a mauler who will immediately help the line.

As long as the OL is addressed in the 2nd, my sense is that they believe a good Olineman will be available in the 2nd, the only OL of value in the 1st round was Bolles. Engram wouldn't have been available in the 2nd, Giants were 27th in offense this guy gets open, teams used double safety help over the top on Odell, now teams have to worry about Sheppard and Engram in the slot, Odell and Marshall on the outside. A lot is gonna depend on Ereck Flowers stepping up, Giants signed DJ Fluker, get one more guy all the Oline needs to do is be able to block for 3-5 seconds, also need a RB, could use a DT as well as LB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm assuming you meant Mahomes. KC hasn't drafted a 1st round QB since Blackledge in like 1983. At some point they had to take a risk and try for a franchise QB. Deberg, Bono, old Montana, Grbac, Alex Smith .... all retreads and very little success over the last 30+ years. Kid looks a lot like the guy Reid drafted in green bay a long time ago. Mahomes can sit behind Alex Smith and work on his mechanics for a year, maybe 2. As a KC fan, I love the pick. QB's a notoriously overdrafted so while he was probably a 2nd round pick, Tribiski came off the board really early and the Texans were ripe to slide up and take Mahomes but ended up settling for Watson. I think Watson has more poise about him and has played better competition over the years he's not nearly as entertaining as Mahomes.

This was not the year to do it. Smith...for whatever else you can say, came out of Utah and was the #1 overall pick, with a grade vastly higher than Mahomes, who shouldn't even be a 1st rounder. This QB class sucks. Watson might have success, and I think some of the lower round picks will likely be better than the two who went first.

KC had lots of success with Smith, and with Montana, and Bono and others. I was living in KC during the Montana years, some excellent teams.

Reaction Score
I love the run on qbs in the 1st round its good for the Giants although they soon will need to address a qb, but better to wait for a stronger class.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

As usual, I'm trying to convince myself to like the pick. His speed-size combo is crazy good. Clearly our passing game will be tough to stop. But Eli needs time to get rid of the ball. I'm sure the OL will be a focus tonight and tomorrow.

Also, the running game has been garbage since Jacobs left. We had a tough break with the Wilson kid. But it's time to do something about it. I agree that Blount is not the answer. He's a Rashad Jennings type.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
As usual, I'm trying to convince myself to like the pick. His speed-size combo is crazy good. Clearly our passing game will be tough to stop. But Eli needs time to get rid of the ball. I'm sure the OL will be a focus tonight and tomorrow.

Also, the running game has been garbage since Jacobs left. We had a tough break with the Wilson kid. But it's time to do something about it. I agree that Blount is not the answer. He's a Rashad Jennings type.
I have a feeling they go OL and then RB and LB in 3rd/4th. Id love Semaje Perine. Seems like a good power complement to Perkins. Also seems like they like the LB they took last yr (Goodson).

The one wrench in my plan is if Cunningham is there at their pick. They might be tempted to grab him...I just cant excuse not getting an OL. I wouldn't be opposed to making a move for a big man. They could use a DT too with Hankins having left.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have a feeling they go OL and then RB and LB in 3rd/4th. Id love Semaje Perine. Seems like a good power complement to Perkins. Also seems like they like the LB they took last yr (Goodson).

The one wrench in my plan is if Cunningham is there at their pick. They might be tempted to grab him...I just cant excuse not getting an OL. I wouldn't be opposed to making a move for a big man. They could use a DT too with Hankins having left.

Do you prefer Perine to UT's Foreman, or do you just think we can get him later?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom