OT - Next Louisville Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Next Louisville Coach

Reaction Score
Favs to be next @GoCards MBB HC (via @DaveMasonBOL )
M Cronin 6-1
B Williams 8-1
C Mack 8-1
A Enfield 10-1
K Davis 10-1
S Smart 10-1
Hoiberg 12-1
G Marshall 12-1
S Wojciechowski 14-1

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
None of them can be dumb enough to take this job until punishments are fully handed out.

Reaction Score
Larry Brown!
This is the one that makes the most sense to me. They really only need a guy for this year to coach their elite talent. Getting the death penalty after the season is a very real possibility. Brown doesn't care about sanctions or anything and wouldn't have enough time to make things worse.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This is the one that makes the most sense to me. They really only need a guy for this year to coach their elite talent. Getting the death penalty after the season is a very real possibility. Brown doesn't care about sanctions or anything and wouldn't have enough time to make things worse.

Uh, Brown left SMU with NCAA violations. With what has gone on at UL, when/if they hire a temporary coach, it will be someone with no track record of NCAA violations.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would think they would have to pull someone out of retirement to take this job. Maybe an ex-NBA coach. No one else will do this. Who wants that kind of attention?

Reaction Score
Great, then they play the games. The point is, those players who joined the program and didn't accept money should be allowed to play for a legitimate program with a coach this year.
The problem you get is without knowing what and how deep this goes, who are those guys? Beyond that for schools like St Francis and Albany and Southern Illinois the Louisville game is a payday and a recruiting tool not just a win/loss. Players can leave or not leave their choice but frankly I wouldn't want to let Louisville out of its obligation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Crean or JT3 make the most sense.
These guys have some career ahead of them and as things currently stand this program is in purgatory for an undetermined period with an approaching date with hell.

This is going to be very bad for Louisville. But there are other programs that most likely will lose their coaches and face sanctions but in a lot better shape than Louisville.

Reaction Score
These guys have some career ahead of them and as things currently stand this program is in purgatory for an undetermined period with an approaching date with hell.

This is going to be very bad for Louisville. But there are other programs that most likely will lose their coaches and face sanctions but in a lot better shape than Louisville.
These types of programs tend to bounce back though. They have a lot of built in advantages. Crean, or JT3 would demand a long term contract, to see them through the hard years. If Penn St could rebuild their football program, it won't be hard for Louisville to rebuild their hoops program. Crean and JT3 are not going to get jobs at any school with the history of Louisville, so they'd have to seriously consider the position if offered.

Reaction Score
I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where Louisville can even field a team this year. Everyone on that team who can bail, will bail as soon as they can.

Reaction Score
I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where Louisville can even field a team this year. Everyone on that team who can bail, will bail as soon as they can.
In theory maybe but I think they are radioactive if they are any good. Would you want to take a UL guy only to find out he took a payoff to play and now it is your problem?

Reaction Score
This is Louisville we are talking about.
inmates2.jpg

Take your pick.

Reaction Score
This will be a job for a young whipper snapper with plenty of time to figure out how to bring the program back from hell. Also he won't be one who is highly sought because no one of that stature will take that job.

And they're not going to pay a lot either.

Reaction Score
the real question is, can we poach any of their recruits???

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
lol

Anyone know what Glen Miller is up to?

Former UConn head coach Jim Calhoun told ESPN he will take over the upstart men's basketball team at Division III university St. Joseph in Connecticut this year as the program assembles players to compete in 2018-19.

Calhoun's title will be consultant, and he said that this season he will recruit exclusively, with the help of former UConn assistant Glen Miller, to put together a roster for the following season. He will not coach.

"I love the game, I love the kids and the gym is a gym," Calhoun told ESPN.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With all the speculation on a replacement, Pitino has not been fired/ terminated. He is on administrative leave without pay. There seems to be a 10 day clause about termination in his contract. Until Pitino is officially gone, I don't see Louisville hiring anybody.

And Jurick is on paid administrative leave. So no new AD until Jurick is officially gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom