OT - Next Louisville Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Next Louisville Coach

Reaction Score
If the NCAA really wants to punish UL - allow players to transfer immediately with zero penalty and be able to play this season. That said, I suspect UL hires someone interim for the season and reloads next season. Wouldn't shock me if the entire current staff is wiped out.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The 247 Louisville mod proposed Scott Davenport, current head coach at Div-II Bellarmine University.

Connection to Louisville: Prior to coming to Bellarmine, Davenport served nine years as an assistant coach at the University of Louisville under national championship-winning Hall of Fame coaches Denny Crum and Rick Pitino.

At this point, they're not hiring anybody that has had so much as a cup of coffee with Pitino at any point in time.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
What's Cronin up to?
Cronin worships Pitinio. I don't see there being any interest given how Pitinio just exited.

Reaction Score
It's almost October, bb. Best case is you let them transfer after the semester ends and play for the new school come January. The problem is thAt it screws everyone on UL's schedule too Since they would almost have to end the season. It's one thing to screw UL or even the ACC but they also have other games.

Reaction Score
It's almost October, bb. Best case is you let them transfer after the semester ends and play for the new school come January. The problem is thAt it screws everyone on UL's schedule too Since they would almost have to end the season. It's one thing to screw UL or even the ACC but they also have other games.
If their players all transferred, UL would forfeit all of those games and they'd all be Ws for the other team. Let the committee interpret that as they will in March.

Reaction Score
If their players all transferred, UL would forfeit all of those games and they'd all be Ws for the other team. Let the committee interpret that as they will in March.
They'll have some holdovers and walk ons to play with.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why are we saying kids will transfer if they waive the rule? Kids are leaving either way.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
What is Peyton Siva up to?
I thought he would be out of my nightmares forever when he graduated. The thought of him being Louisville's coach
and periodically having Uconn deal with him again as a head coach of that place for years on end just gave me an anxiety attack. Please no. If he could coach guys to play with his intensity.................never mind!

Reaction Score
John Pelphrey?

I know he went to UK and connection to Pitino but he would get to go "home" and knows the SEC

Reaction Score
Acknowledging Baylor likely shares some pay-for-play and even scummier similarities with Loserville, the former's a prime example of throwing enough money out and hiring coaches willing to plug their noses.

Reaction Score
So I know RJ's girlfriend rather well. RJ was the one to pick Brian Bowen up from the airport for his visit. Hoping he wasn't more involved than that. Would be really cool for him to get a shot, but I imagine they'd bring in someone jobless and mediocre, but with experience and clean. Crean would be the perfect hire but idk if he would even take the job with what's going on now.

So when you say you "know her well" ...?

Reaction Score
So I know RJ's girlfriend rather well. RJ was the one to pick Brian Bowen up from the airport for his visit. Hoping he wasn't more involved than that. Would be really cool for him to get a shot, but I imagine they'd bring in someone jobless and mediocre, but with experience and clean. Crean would be the perfect hire but idk if he would even take the job with what's going on now.

There are very few out of work head coaches who wouldn't take a 1 or 2 year job at say $2M a year. Even if you don't win, the publicity you get only makes you more attractive for a small division 1 school down the road. Plus you bank some real money in the interim.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The longer this thing drags on without any NCAA ruling the worse it will be for Louisville and the ACC.

Players, coaches and other teams will be hesitant to play for/against them without knowing how things fall. It's a DeFacto death sentence because the FBI is grabbing computers and I'm sure they'd like to expand this probe. The NCAA will not touch this thing until the FBI finishes its investigation at the earliest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are very few out of work head coaches who wouldn't take a 1 or 2 year job at say $2M a year. Even if you don't win, the publicity you get only makes you more attractive for a small division 1 school down the road. Plus you bank some real money in the interim.
A big name coach will unlikely take the gig unless he is near the end of his career.

arch

Reaction Score
JC would take the gig if offered, I bet. He'd be a perfect short-term answer.

A guy with an NCAA "institutional control" history is the last thing they need right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom