OT - Next Louisville Coach | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Next Louisville Coach

Reaction Score
Louisville to the world, "Move on, there is nothing to see here." This should never have been about continuity. It should have a been a complete break. Hiring Padgett proves just how little this university gets it.

Reaction Score
I would guess that before they gave Padget the job even temporary, they put him under a hot light and asked if he had anything in his closet that could come back on them. If he dropped gum on the sidewalk he would have had to fess up. If they didn't do that they are beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
I would guess that before they gave Padget the job even temporary, they put him under a hot light and asked if he had anything in his closet that could come back on them. If he dropped gum on the sidewalk he would have had to fess up. If they didn't do that they are beyond stupid.

Plus their coaches have a history of honesty.

Reaction Score
You are giving them way to much credit.

Reaction Score
Stupid move if someone at all tells he was in the know this will turn even uglier if that's even possible.

As much as I hope they drown, the kids like him and some are left there unwillingly so they deserve someone they can trust so good for them.

Reaction Score
Stupid move if someone at all tells he was in the know this will turn even uglier if that's even possible.

As much as I hope they drown, the kids like him and some are left there unwillingly so they deserve someone they can trust so good for them.

I don't care about anyone there. I want what is best for UConn.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already asked but there's like 5 different lousiville threads.

What do people think the dynamics are within the players at lousiville? Especially their relationship with Bowen.

Are we assuming all of them were paid so they are just like whatever about it, or do we think that some players resent Bowen for getting their coach fired and ruining the program. Do you think they blame him or the coaches involved?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already asked but there's like 5 different lousiville threads.

What do people think the dynamics are within the players at lousiville? Especially their relationship with Bowen.

Are we assuming all of them were paid so they are just like whatever about it, or do we think that some players resent Bowen for getting their coach fired and ruining the program. Do you think they blame him or the coaches involved?
YES!

Reaction Score

Yes, probably. But aren't the coaches who gave him the money more to blame? Bowen has left Louisville already anyway so they might never see him again.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Louisville to the world, "Move on, there is nothing to see here." This should never have been about continuity. It should have a been a complete break. Hiring Padgett proves just how little this university gets it.

What were the alternatives? I heard the Crean rumor but anyone with half a brain would let dust settle before even thinking about this [excrement] show.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The chances that Bowen was the only recent one to take a cash kickback are extremely slim
IF there had been no prior hooker incidents, etc. I would be willing to cut them some slack and think this might be a one off
However, it's The Squid wannabe and I am certain that Pitino and his full staff knew everything - how could they not????
I appreciated Padgett as a player but to name someone on the staff is pure craziness
This, I'm afraid, does not stop at L'ville, USC, Auburn, Miami - now, what about the UNC stuff? I find that equally as bad but what an opportunity to have that brushed aside, or even worse, under the carpet.

Reaction Score
Yes, probably. But aren't the coaches who gave him the money more to blame?
Perhaps, but reportedly Tricky Rick is identified in court filings as Louisville's (ex-) "Coach-2" allegedly directly involved in funneling financial enticements ($) to the recruit (Bowen). On at least 3 occasions, the FBI and U.S. Attorneys' indictment alleges Pitino spoke with an Adidas executive to funnel money to Bowen or his family.

After skirting other charges under Pitino's supposed control as head coach at Louisville, time just appears to have caught up with the complicit Boss. A la Teflon Don (Gotti), the gig is finally up for Tricky Rick!

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

this was pretty much done two years ago when people thought pitinio would step down after the stripper allegations. mack made it clear to lousyville that it was his dream job.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
this was pretty much done two years ago when people thought pitinio would step down after the stripper allegations. mack made it clear to lousyville that it was his dream job.

how happy are you about that, kobe32?
gotta be good.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I guess there is a lot of money and prestige involved, but he had a pretty good thing going at his alma mater. Surprised he didn't want to see it through to a Final 4 or so.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
how happy are you about that, kobe32?
gotta be good.
mack completely out coaches mick every year. so in that sense happy to see him gone. kinda bummed he's at lousyville though. i actually like mack. wouldn't mind rooting for his teams if he wasn't the coach at two schools i despise.

Reaction Score
This can be a big issue for the Big East. Anytime one of your top teams (Especially one with a history of having coaches poached) loses its coach, can cause issues for the brand. Im not saying that Xavier is the anchor of the Big East but its never good to watch someone solid leave.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This can be a big issue for the Big East. Anytime one of your top teams (Especially one with a history of having coaches poached) loses its coach, can cause issues for the brand. Im not saying that Xavier is the anchor of the Big East but its never good to watch someone solid leave.

Xavier's problem is they are paying Mack $1.7m. Louisville will be paying $3-4m. All their problems might have led to a higher future contract with Mack.

Reaction Score
For all we know Mack may have already communicated to Xavier he's taking the job and they did not want to release it yet. That will probably change. They probably can't keep silent on it with this floating around.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's closer to $5m from all indications. Plus the facilities are much better at Louisville.

Not surprised. I would have picked $4m out of a hat, but he's definitely walking into some sort of sanctions, so there has to be an extra kicker. Plus, Ville has money to burn.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For all we know Mack may have already communicated to Xavier he's taking the job and they did not want to release it yet. That will probably change. They probably can't keep silent on it with this floating around.

If they are initiating their own coaching search, it'll get out more formally. Back channels only go so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom