OT - Next Louisville Coach | The Boneyard

OT - Next Louisville Coach

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Well, you have to clean house, right? The entire staff. Everyone's gone, EVERYONE.

The season starts this week. The players will be looking for someone they can look up to. Someone who can spend the next year TOTALLY focused on being their coach. There's only one man who fits the bill.

I believe that Louisville must, MUST, make Steve Enoch their Head Coach for 2017-18.

zls44

Reaction Score
It has been brought to my attention that the Grad Assistant on Pitino's staff is RJ Evans. I'd bet there is a non-zero chance he gets the job for this season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tough spot.

You have to hire someone and you're selling a horribly-damaged brand that likely has five years of NCAA-mandated hardship coming.

Try recruiting with the death penalty circling over your head.

Reaction Score
Best idea may be to shut down the program for this year, hire a new coach at the end of this season and start from scratch.

Reaction Score
Tough spot.

You have to hire someone and you're selling a horribly-damaged brand that likely has five years of NCAA-mandated hardship coming.

Try recruiting with the death penalty circling over your head.
And they need someone squeaky clean, which means you're looking at a nobody to just keep the seat warm until the storm passes IMO. No clean big names will touch that job with a ten foot pole and they can't afford to go get a tainted retread a la Bruce Pearl.

Reaction Score
It has been brought to my attention that the Grad Assistant on Pitino's staff is RJ Evans. I'd bet there is a non-zero chance he gets the job for this season.
So I know RJ's girlfriend rather well. RJ was the one to pick Brian Bowen up from the airport for his visit. Hoping he wasn't more involved than that. Would be really cool for him to get a shot, but I imagine they'd bring in someone jobless and mediocre, but with experience and clean. Crean would be the perfect hire but idk if he would even take the job with what's going on now.

Reaction Score
The timing of it can't be worse. No HC is leaving another program the 1st week of October.
Maybe Homer Drew could come out of retirement and give them some respectability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 247 Louisville mod proposed Scott Davenport, current head coach at Div-II Bellarmine University.

Connection to Louisville: Prior to coming to Bellarmine, Davenport served nine years as an assistant coach at the University of Louisville under national championship-winning Hall of Fame coaches Denny Crum and Rick Pitino.

Reaction Score
Jody Demling‏ @jdemling
It should be no shocker to anyone that the current players on the Louisville team are at practice facility. Season starts in 2 days for team

Brian‏ @gunner921 31m31 minutes ago
Is Bowen still on campus?

Jonathan Ludwig‏ @lil_ludwig
Replying to @gunner921 @jdemling
He just walked into the practice facility

Tracy Renfro‏ @tfro24 16m16 minutes ago
The show must go on...until the show gets cancelled.

Reaction Score
The 247 Louisville mod proposed Scott Davenport, current head coach at Div-II Bellarmine University.

Connection to Louisville: Prior to coming to Bellarmine, Davenport served nine years as an assistant coach at the University of Louisville under national championship-winning Hall of Fame coaches Denny Crum and Rick Pitino.
Bellarmine hoops coach Scott Davenport agrees to contract extension 'until his retirement'

Just signed a huge extension. I guess he could make the jump but mid year would be tough.

Reaction Score
So I know RJ's girlfriend rather well. RJ was the one to pick Brian Bowen up from the airport for his visit. Hoping he wasn't more involved than that. Would be really cool for him to get a shot, but I imagine they'd bring in someone jobless and mediocre, but with experience and clean. Crean would be the perfect hire but idk if he would even take the job with what's going on now.

Phil Jackson?

zls44

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun would not take the job. I don't think.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Will they even have enough eligible players after the evidence is released to field a team this year? Or are we to believe that only one of the Louisville players received money from Pitino/Adidas?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I doubt it would be Calhoun but the idea is right. my guess is a retired or recently fired but well respected guy on an interim basis. Baylor went that route when it fired it's football coach as did Arkansas. I would imagine that most of the staff will be gone too. Certainly anyone associated with recruiting. The goal is to get through the season without any more scandals You don't even think about the NCAA Tournament at this point.

Reaction Score
Unless they are shut down they will ply, fans will come, the arena will be full. It's business.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom