OT: Lonzo Ball's dad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we're probably getting ahead of ourselves here. Wasn't Ricky Rubio only going to play for like NY/LA/Chicago when he was drafted? How did that work out? We're still in the college basketball season, I imagine things will change once the combine happen and people start interviewing him and the reality of making millions playing for someone other than LA sets in.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why would an NBA team concern themselves over the opinions of an employee's father? That's idiotic.

If this was a recruit, maybe you would think twice if you were a college coach, but I can't see how this impacts an NBA team whatsoever.

Reaction Score
I can see it right now, Draymond Green trash talking Lonzo Ball's dad during a game, and getting into a twitter war with him.

Have you ever seen Lavar Ball? My money's on him in that one.

Say what you want about this dude, but he did something right raising his kids.

Reaction Score

Yeah in a real fight Lavar Ball is winning but trash talking and twitter isn't the same thing as a fight. I never picked a side, the first winner in a twitter war is the first loser.

Reaction Score

I think "raising his kids" involves some more than basketball. If lonzo handles himself on the court with the class and dignity of Tim Duncan, then we'll talk. Much much more to "raising a kid" than a sport--and unfortunately a lot of parents I work with forget that.

Reaction Score
Lavar's about 6-7, 330 and a former NFL player who grew up in one of the roughest areas of Southern California. Plus he's got that quasi-old man strength.

Reaction Score
I think "raising his kids" involves some more than basketball. If lonzo handles himself on the court with the class and dignity of Tim Duncan, then we'll talk. Much much more to "raising a kid" than a sport--and unfortunately a lot of parents I work with forget that.

Just curious, what's your issue with how Lonzo Ball handles himself on the court? Off the court, I know enough UCLA boosters to know that the kid's a great student, has an unparalleled work ethic, and hasn't been in trouble a day in his life. Dad did something right.

Reaction Score
Just curious, what's your issue with how Lonzo Ball handles himself on the court? Off the court, I know enough UCLA boosters to know that the kid's a great student, has an unparalleled work ethic, and hasn't been in trouble a day in his life. Dad did something right.

I have nothing against the kid. I think he's fine on the court, from the 6-7 games I've seen. Certainly no Grayson Allen. You didn't present any evidence that suggested he was a good kid off the court before. I stand corrected!

Reaction Score
I have nothing against the kid. I think he's fine on the court, from the 6-7 games I've seen. Certainly no Grayson Allen. You didn't present any evidence that suggested he was a good kid off the court before. I stand corrected!

Didn't realize there was a rebuttable presumption that he's a bad kid.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize there was a rebuttable presumption that he's a bad kid.

When you said that he's doing something right, since you didn't say anything about him personally, I figured you meant on the court. 99% of people know nothing about him personally, so my assumption is you don't either. but obviously you're a part of that 1%. Good for him if he's able to keep a good head on his shoulders with the fame.

Didn't mean to say he's a bad kid, just that we don't know. Obviously you do, at least to an extent. I'd cool it on the "unparalleled work ethic" though. That title goes to Kobe and KO ;)

Dad is definitely doing a nice job to set his sons up for a nice future, building their name-recognition and all. Kids at my work know the Balls by name, but wouldn't recognize better players in hs if they were on the same court with them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lavar's about 6-7, 330 and a former NFL player who grew up in one of the roughest areas of Southern California. Plus he's got that quasi-old man strength.

This dude would work Green inside out:

20balls-jp3-master675.jpg

Reaction Score
You mean when the other son scored 92 and stood at 1/2 court and never played any defense.

Yeah, that seems like he's been raised as a team player.

Hopefully the C's aren't stuck with #2-3 and potentially drafting Lonzo and have to deal with this. I'd trade down or take the Issac kid.

Dad is definitely doing a nice job to set his sons up for a nice future, building their name-recognition and all. Kids at my work know the Balls by name, but wouldn't recognize better players in hs if they were on the same court with them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is he really still 330? I might take Draymond on conditioning alone.

Reaction Score
Not sure he should really be claiming he is a former NFL player when he never made a 53 man roster.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Except its not.

You're right, my bad. Lonzo's dad walked back his comments, while Archie actually managed to strong-arm his son to the team that he wanted.

Reaction Score
You're right, my bad. Lonzo's dad walked back his comments, while Archie actually managed to strong-arm his son to the team that he wanted.
Please cite me Archie comparing Eli to Montana before the draft, or Archie saying if Eli was on the Pats and Brady was on Ole Miss the Pats would be better off, or saying Eli would only play in NYC?

Ball's dad is a mix between a pimp and Kris Jenner.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Please cite me Archie comparing Eli to Montana before the draft, or Archie saying if Eli was on the Pats and Brady was on Ole Miss the Pats would be better off, or saying Eli would only play in NYC?

Ball's dad is a mix between a pimp and Kris Jenner.

Come on, you're smart enough to figure out the parallel I'm making between the two. Take all the time you need.

Reaction Score
He's a jackhole but Lonzo looks like the next Jason Kidd to me.

Which is what exactly in today's NBA? That't not a rhetorical question, I'm actually curious. He sure as hell isn't in the same stratosphere as Kidd defensively.

Reaction Score
Why is it a very odd comment?

It's weirdly petty. The whole thing with his father is becoming increasingly overblown. The Balls are pretty hard to dislike as a family. So his dad gets a little overzealous. He's far from the first one. Anyway, his kid is much better than I figured he'd be and is going to be very, very good at the next level.

Reaction Score
Which is what exactly in today's NBA? That't not a rhetorical question, I'm actually curious. He sure as hell isn't in the same stratosphere as Kidd defensively.

Don't sell lonzo short. Ball has the passing ability/vision and feel for the game as kidd and is a better scorer/shooter at this point in their careers. Lonzo defense is underrated IMO maybe not kiddesque but he isn't a slouch his length and feel for getting in passing lanes is disruptive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom