OT: Lonzo Ball's dad | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Dad, please shut up, love you" is all the kid can say, in private, and needs to say. His dad is not helping a single bit.

Not many people in the world are better than curry right now. Lebron, maybe a few others, that is it.

Reaction Score
What an asinine buffoon.

I'd PASS on lonzo in the draft just because of his father. Actually I'm not high on him in general, but this is icing.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This guy is a handful. Last week said his son was better than Steph Curry, and now this:

I'd say the same if I was him. If he's a star for the Lakers he'd make 5x as much over the course of his career – off-court endorsements – than if he played for Phoenix, Philly, Boston, etc. Plus they're his hometown team.

Reaction Score
What an asinine buffoon.

I'd PASS on lonzo in the draft just because of his father. Actually I'm not high on him in general, but this is icing.

Yup, matter of fact the Lakers should tweet back " we are going to pass"

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What an asinine buffoon.

If you don't think this kid is the real deal you are either not watching him or don't know what the definition of what really really good is

Reaction Score
If you don't think this kid is the real deal you are either not watching him or don't know what the definition of what really really good is

Yes he is good, but Malik Monk and Josh Jackson are just as good and don't have fathers that are dbags. Pass on him.

Reaction Score
Yes he is good, but Malik Monk and Josh Jackson are just as good and don't have fathers that are dbags. Pass on him.

Monk is a better scorer and shooter but is in no way a better player. Ball has a higher bball iq, better passer/floor general, better rebounder, better defender from what I've seen and can impact the game in many more ways than Monk.

Fultz is the only player I've seen this year that can challenge Ball for who should go #1. The kids father won't be playing this isn't college; nba teams can have more day with his influence and being at and around the stadium

Reaction Score
I like Josh Jackson more, but Monk is just a scorer, doesn't do much else, although he is a top tier scorer for sure.

Reaction Score
I like Josh Jackson more, but Monk is just a scorer, doesn't do much else, although he is a top tier scorer for sure.

Welp, you don't have to be a defender in the NBA, so that is a plus for Monk as well. I also like Tatum as much as thes other guys.

Reaction Score
Monk's elite skill is probably better than any of the other players' elite skill. But Ball/Fultz/Jackson are all better all around players who I'd take over him

Reaction Score
Monk is a better scorer and shooter but is in no way a better player. Ball has a higher bball iq, better passer/floor general, better rebounder, better defender from what I've seen and can impact the game in many more ways than Monk.

Fultz is the only player I've seen this year that can challenge Ball for who should go #1. The kids father won't be playing this isn't college; nba teams can have more day with his influence and being at and around the stadium

Monk. Jackson, Tatum all have games that translate really well to the NBA.

Reaction Score

Didn't say he wasn't the "real deal". I just would pass on a top 3-4 pick in the draft. Wouldn't leave him with the 25th pick or something. He's still a brilliant floor general and good player, especially in transition. I've seen him play with plenty, cowboy.

Reaction Score
He's a jackhole but Lonzo looks like the next Jason Kidd to me.

Reaction Score
I thought Alex Oriakhis dad was out of line with some of the things he said, but Lonzo Ball's father is taking it to another level.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I thought Alex Oriakhis dad was out of line with some of the things he said, but Lonzo Ball's father is taking it to another level.
Of course, his son is at a completely different level and his son has a lot more power of a sort. The power to sit out a year, as I recall, could allow a player to resign with whom he chooses. I imagine that this has changed? How could Ball try to make the NBA allow him to sign with the Lakers? Is there any leverage he has?

When Ball gets to the NBA, do you think Dad is going to be so prominent? Doubt it very much.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought if you didn't sign with the team that drafted you then you would end up back in the draft the next year, so that wouldn't really help him. I remember Eli Manning threatened to sit out a year if the Chargers drafted him but the Chargers and Giants just worked out a deal instead.

Reaction Score
Of course, his son is at a completely different level and his son has a lot more power of a sort. The power to sit out a year, as I recall, could allow a player to resign with whom he chooses. I imagine that this has changed? How could Ball try to make the NBA allow him to sign with the Lakers? Is there any leverage he has?

When Ball gets to the NBA, do you think Dad is going to be so prominent? Doubt it very much.

You have to sit out a full year to re-enter the draft. You also can't play in a different basketball league, or the team that drafted you retain's your rights. I think if you do it twice you become a free agent, but you may still be on the rookie scale.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's Archie Manning all over again.

Reaction Score
Pros are a whole different deal than college. A father's influence or opinions is very much negated and simply performance will matter not what the father thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom