OT: Lonzo Ball's dad | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's all about building a brand through name recognition, doesn't really matter how you do it as is showcased here thanks to the social networks.

Just the very fact that people who don't follow the respective leagues closely have heard the name "Ball" and the antics that surround it brings eyes to the family and gets people clicking the "subscribe" button both figuratively and literally. Nowadays its pretty easy to convert social media eyes and clicks to real world dollars because everything is easily tracked and quantified as followers and subscribers, it all turns into advertising and marketing. Same way how an attractive female can bring in 6 figures just by posting nice photos on her instagram until she has enough followers to do some product placement or host events or whatever they do. What Lavar is doing is getting people talking and setting the stage for his future business plans, stuff like we see here makes something ridiculous like a "Ball Brothers" reality TV show following the family seem waaaaay more realistic say in 5-10 years, than say had he kept quiet like all other athlete dads and not created random drama to create entertainment beforehand. BTW i'm totally calling the TV show thing down the line right now, Keeping up with the Balls, no pun intended.

Again, I understand this argument, but no amount of promoting from Lavar Ball is going to change the fact that he has one son that's going to make a boatload of money in the NBA and two others who will probably be sleeping in his guest bedrooms.

Reaction Score
Last I looked basketball si still a team sport and maybe that is something the Father should remember. He is only as good as those players around him.
He is a very good player, but the expectation his father is laying on him is not helping his son

Last I looked contracts are signed by individual players. He father is trying to maximize his value. Can't say I like it, but show me the money!

Reaction Score
Celtics better get the #1 overall pick this year and get Fultz. If they end up with the #2 I hope they end up taking someone other than Ball.

Ball may become a great NBA player someday, but the fact that he hasn't put a muzzle on his dad speaks volumes about him. He's either too passive to stand up to him, or he agrees with all the BS he's spewing at every opportunity.

He'll be a problem wherever he goes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ball may become a great NBA player someday, but the fact that he hasn't put a muzzle on his dad speaks volumes about him. He's either too passive to stand up to him, or he agrees with all the BS he's spewing at every opportunity.

Lonzo's 19 years old man. What do you expect?

And his dad has been teaching him (as coach and mentor) his whole life.

Reaction Score
And his dad has been teaching him (as coach and mentor) his whole life.

Which is why I wouldn't want him on my favorite team.

Someday maybe I'll eat my words, but this family looks like a headache

Reaction Score
Last I looked basketball si still a team sport and maybe that is something the Father should remember. He is only as good as those players around him.
He is a very good player, but the expectation his father is laying on him is not helping his son
That UCLA team was 15-17 last year and 29-4 this year, easy to do the math on who is making who better.

Reaction Score
Yup. The NBA guys take offense with some kid who's never played a minute in the league sounding off. They see it as the Balls, not dad or kids.

I hope the C's go nowhere near him if they miss on Fultz.

Celtics better get the #1 overall pick this year and get Fultz. If they end up with the #2 I hope they end up taking someone other than Ball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yup. The NBA guys take offense with some kid who's never played a minute in the league sounding off. They see it as the Balls, not dad or kids.

I hope the C's go nowhere near him if they miss on Fultz.

After reading your posts in this thread, I hope they draft him and hire the dad as the coach and GM.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm not reading these 5 pages however I see a lot of people responding to JSM...why are you guys torturing yourselves like that.

To the topic at hand, Ball's dad is trying to rack in the money while he can. He is the Kris Jenner of basketball and he has 1 talented son to ensure that they are rich for life.

Reaction Score
Can the Dad still play? He was better than MJ at one point supposedly

After reading your posts in this thread, I hope they draft him and hire the dad as the coach and GM.

Reaction Score
Kris Jenner's kids have no talent. Kim did a sex tape and her husband became a chick

I'm not reading these 5 pages however I see a lot of people responding to JSM...why are you guys torturing yourselves like that.

To the topic at hand, Ball's dad is trying to rack in the money while he can. He is the Kris Jenner of basketball and he has 1 talented son to ensure that they are rich for life.

polycom

Reaction Score
Kris Jenner's kids have no talent. Kim did a sex tape and her husband became a chick

Are you going to argue that being a model isn't a talent? Because, advertisers, fashion houses and modeling agencies, would disagree with you and they'd be correct to. But, you don't care because you hate facts.

polycom

Reaction Score
Can the Dad still play? He was better than MJ at one point supposedly

So you really are dumb/troll. Better than MJ...Ball's dad averaged 2.2 points in college...

Reaction Score

Good lord it keeps getting more and more ridiculous. The fact that a 19 year old kid hasn't told his father to shut the ____ up "speaks volumes about him."

Two or three seconds of thought before deciding to post these insights would suit some of you well.

Incidentally, he hasn't been a problem at UCLA - which is as close to his father's house as he'll ever play - so your thesis seems a bit flawed from the get-go.

I think some of you people would be absolutely shocked to know that this kid grew up in a big old house in an affluent neighborhood and this isn't some "ride his coattails out of poverty" type deal.

Reaction Score
Good lord it keeps getting more and more ridiculous. The fact that a 19 year old kid hasn't told his father to shut the ____ up "speaks volumes about him."

Two or three seconds of thought before deciding to post these insights would suit some of you well.

Incidentally, he hasn't been a problem at UCLA - which is as close to his father's house as he'll ever play - so your thesis seems a bit flawed from the get-go.

I think some of you people would be absolutely shocked to know that this kid grew up in a big old house in an affluent neighborhood and this isn't some "ride his coattails out of poverty" type deal.

Yeah, guys are taking it a little too far. I'm guessing that lonzo is rolling his eyes at dad but has enough respect for him to trust him.

Dad won't be anywhere near the factor he is now once the NBA GMs get involved, let's be realistic. He just an overzealous daddy.

My opinion of Lonzo is pretty high as a player, much less so his brothers. I think Lonzo will be good, but not great (Fultz on the other hand... all star in 2 years--count on it now) And that doesn't have anything to do with his father.

This draft is deep as all hell though. Gonna be a fun draft night

Reaction Score
He was on Sportsnation today wearing his brand.

Every single person complaining about him is helping him.

People just can't stop promoting things they hate.

Reaction Score
Yes, Fultz is next Russ

C's can't miss on it. Say they've get #2. Trade Smart, #1 pick and even Brown for it.

Yeah, guys are taking it a little too far. I'm guessing that lonzo is rolling his eyes at dad but has enough respect for him to trust him.

Dad won't be anywhere near the factor he is now once the NBA GMs get involved, let's be realistic. He just an overzealous daddy.

My opinion of Lonzo is pretty high as a player, much less so his brothers. I think Lonzo will be good, but not great (Fultz on the other hand... all star in 2 years--count on it now) And that doesn't have anything to do with his father.

This draft is deep as all hell though. Gonna be a fun draft night

Reaction Score
No, issue is kid will be in league and players are like we have that Ball kid tonight. Locking him down. He will get everyone's best and hurt his production and future contracts.

He was on Sportsnation today wearing his brand.

Every single person complaining about him is helping him.

People just can't stop promoting things they hate.

C

Chief00

Kid's just good - I don't care if his dad is Pol Pot, I'm drafting him if I can.

His dad is a goofball. No one cares what he says, least of all the NBA - at least he's entertaining.

I agree and at the UConn level we need to get away from this overreaction to APR fallout and get back to winning ways.

Reaction Score
"Only people that ask me those type of questions are white people." -LaVar Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member