OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wasn't his face all lumped up too like he'd been in a fight? I thought I remember reading that.
Quoted from a Yahoo news article

"But while O’Keefe had a shockingly low internal temperature of 80 degrees, abrasions on his right arm, a head trauma, and his heart was not pumping on its own, Dr. Justin Rice said that the 59-year-old officer did not have any injuries to a majority of his body.

“From the neck down he did not have a single broken bone, right? You certainly didn't notate in your report that he had any broken bones, correct?” defense attorney Elizabeth Little asked Rice on the third week of Karen Read’s murder trial. “No, I did not,” Rice replied.

The Autopsy showed
A medical examiner later determined that O’Keefe suffered multiple skull fractures, consistent with blunt-force trauma that led to bleeding in the brain. He also had two swollen black eyes, several abrasions on his right arm as well and blood around his nose and mouth. Hypothermia was a contributing factor in his death, the autopsy ruled.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's embarrassing for the state. I've listened to WAY too much of the case. The most likely scenario is she hit him, didn't notice or thought she didn't do much damage, and she drove home. She awoke the next day, realized he didn't come home, and freaked out. There is no way the cops and other goobers could keep a conspiracy this big together.

The only thing it would take to keep everyone quiet is if something else was going on in that house when the fight broke out. A little blow lying around would be enough to keep everyone in line. Also, a couple of these guys sound like psychopaths, and one of the psychos is probably the real murderer. As long as everyone involved is more afraid of the psychos than the DA, no one will change their story.

And so far, there is no pressure being put on any of the witnesses to re-evaluate their ridiculous story. I don't hear any threats of perjury or an alternative suspect investigation by anyone in authority to do so. Based on where this investigation is now, the worst thing that happens to the Albert crew is the current case collapses, and at this point it is impossible to charge anyone else with the crime. As far as coverups go, it is already a success.

Reaction Score
The only thing it would take to keep everyone quiet is if something else was going on in that house when the fight broke out. A little blow lying around would be enough to keep everyone in line. Also, a couple of these guys sound like psychopaths, and one of the psychos is probably the real murderer. As long as everyone involved is more afraid of the psychos than the DA, no one will change their story.

And so far, there is no pressure being put on any of the witnesses to re-evaluate their ridiculous story. I don't hear any threats of perjury or an alternative suspect investigation by anyone in authority to do so. Based on where this investigation is now, the worst thing that happens to the Albert crew is the current case collapses, and at this point it is impossible to charge anyone else with the crime. As far as coverups go, it is already a success.
I agree, I'll bet there was some other criminal activity going on at the after-hours party which they need to cover up. Bunch of snow-blowers.

This is where I was wondering if and to what extent the FBI gets involved. If you have a house full of police officers and family all involved in a cover-up, there would be no way to get anywhere with this case. Even if their stories are so weak and don't hold water, they are not under investigation. They just won't be able to convict Karen Read and there are no other suspects the police would investigate. The FBI could investigate the entire family and see what else shakes out.

Reaction Score
They found his sneaker in the snow bank! Maybe it fell off when they carried him outside.

I suppose one scenario would be O'Keefe was drunk, stepped out of the car to walk towards the rear and fell or slipped on ice, Karen backed up because she had first pulled into the snow bank when she kept moving forward, and O'Keefe ended up getting the Phil Leotardo treatment. I doubt it, but that is one way he could have received the head injury.

sneaker.JPG

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They found his sneaker in the snow bank! Maybe it fell off when they carried him outside.

I suppose one scenario would be O'Keefe was drunk, stepped out of the car to walk towards the rear and fell or slipped on ice, Karen backed up because she had first pulled into the snow bank when she kept moving forward, and O'Keefe ended up getting the Phil Leotardo treatment. I doubt it, but that is one way he could have received the head injury.

View attachment 101615

If a 4,000 pound car ran over his head, there would be no doubt about what happened.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you’re into this case and haven’t listened to the Conspiracy in Canton podcast it’s a must. I loved serial/Making a Murderer/etc and this is definitely intriguing. While I usually side with the suspect while I’m caught up following it I tend to side with the prosecutors once I take a step back and look at more sources.
I feel like nothing makes sense in this case. In particular these FACTS (not just speculation)
—The Alberts/NO ONE in this neighborhood where everyone is apparently a cop has a Ring or similar camera that caught what happened.
—Higgins who was having the cringiest text back and forth with Karen for two weeks before John’s death handing over select texts and then destroying his phone. Also seemed pissed she blew him off at the bar earlier
—The “how long to die in the cold” google search hours before he is found
—The injuries/damage don’t line up
—the cop not on the case spotting headlight pieces in the snow days later
—the plow driver not seeing anything
—Alberts not going out to see why there was a bunch of cops in their yard and the cops not going into the house

I feel like the most likely thing if you ignore the damage/injuries is that Karen who all these male officers was letting drive around hammered in the snow accidentally backed into but there’s still so much pointing against that.

The Higgins testimony was BRUTAL

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’d add ..and nobody saw him lying in the front yard after he was supposedly hit
Right? Like this happened (allegedly) before multiple people came and went and no one saw a body in the yard?

Reaction Score
Proctor sunk the case yesterday. He was eviscerated by the defense. All this doubt and the defense hasn’t even started calling witnesses yet

And read this morning Attorney for Brian Walsh (another case Proctor was lead investigator on but hasn’t gone to trail yet ) has filed a notice to dismiss alleging police misconduct

Reaction Score
I think he’s saying head injury by hitting the ground
No, I meant contact by the tire like Leotardo. Maybe she started to back up and stopped before completely pancaking the head. Or the tire grazed his head. Or the bumper pinned his head against a snow bank, those can be rock-hard. Just a thought and doubtful but possible. as you mentioned a few posts above, I can't believe no one has a Ring camera, especially a cop.

Reaction Score
No, I meant contact by the tire like Leotardo. Maybe she started to back up and stopped before completely pancaking the head. Or the tire grazed his head. Or the bumper pinned his head against a snow bank, those can be rock-hard. Just a thought and doubtful but possible. as you mentioned a few posts above, I can't believe no one has a Ring camera, especially a cop.
Just learned the Canton Police Chief lives across the street from the scene of the crime and has a Ring camera. Seems normal right? Except:

1. The Ring camera wasn't working that night/morning - a freaking epidemic of missing videos that night and next day - think Canton was part of a massive solar array that took out all the cameras for a few hours..... and

2. The Chief of Police never came outside at all while cops were on the scene. also - the Chief is now the former Chief....

This case stinks.

Reaction Score
Just learned the Canton Police Chief lives across the street from the scene of the crime and has a Ring camera. Seems normal right? Except:

1. The Ring camera wasn't working that night/morning - a freaking epidemic of missing videos that night and next day - think Canton was part of a massive solar array that took out all the cameras for a few hours..... and

2. The Chief of Police never came outside at all while cops were on the scene. also - the Chief is now the former Chief....

This case stinks.
She knows all about hitting men with her car.

Reaction Score

This case stinks.
The missing ring recordings alone should be reasonable doubt. The fact the investigator didn’t recuse himself smells like a dead fish.

Reaction Score

This case stinks.
I was actually going to add that if there were a Ring camera that just happened to not be working that night....
Yes, it smells really bad.

Reaction Score
People in Falls Village/Salisbury have always known who the murderer is. It was one of the Parmalee brothers.

Your last sentence is a blanket statement. Every profession has people who are great at their jobs, terrible at their jobs, and everything in between.
If you saw or read the testimony Proctor gave under cross he didn’t exactly the same thing. Decided who was guilty before any investigation was completed then directed the case to “prove” his results.

FWIW I don’t think all cops are bad at their jobs but I do think this is more SOP than most people understand. It might even be that most of the time they are right.

Reaction Score
I agree, I'll bet there was some other criminal activity going on at the after-hours party which they need to cover up. Bunch of snow-blowers.

This is where I was wondering if and to what extent the FBI gets involved. If you have a house full of police officers and family all involved in a cover-up, there would be no way to get anywhere with this case. Even if their stories are so weak and don't hold water, they are not under investigation. They just won't be able to convict Karen Read and there are no other suspects the police would investigate. The FBI could investigate the entire family and see what else shakes out.
I agree with you. Most people know that it's time to go home when the bar closes. If you're going to an after hours party, it's usually for drugs.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
If you’re into this case and haven’t listened to the Conspiracy in Canton podcast it’s a must. I loved serial/Making a Murderer/etc and this is definitely intriguing. While I usually side with the suspect while I’m caught up following it I tend to side with the prosecutors once I take a step back and look at more sources.
I feel like nothing makes sense in this case. In particular these FACTS (not just speculation)
—The Alberts/NO ONE in this neighborhood where everyone is apparently a cop has a Ring or similar camera that caught what happened.
—Higgins who was having the cringiest text back and forth with Karen for two weeks before John’s death handing over select texts and then destroying his phone. Also seemed pissed she blew him off at the bar earlier
—Alberts not going out to see why there was a bunch of cops in their yard and the cops not going into the house

I feel like the most likely thing if you ignore the damage/injuries is that Karen who all these male officers was letting drive around hammered in the snow accidentally backed into but there’s still so much pointing against that.

Let's not forget the inverted photo from Sally Port. Then Proctor saying who was in the photo one day and not knowing the next. The phones being destroyed, the texts, video that went "missing", evidence carried in solo cups in a brown bag at Sally port, the dog being rehomed. Proctor said he doesn't have a relationship with the McCabe but a McCabe babysits his kids. Oh and Colin Albert's bloody knuckles are because he slipped and caught himself with his knuckles....which literally no one has done ever.

The defense doesn't have to prove what happened...they just have to show reasonable doubt that it wasn't Karen.

I'm looking forward to the actual criminal trial against all of these corrupt pieces of dog doodoo. I hope they all go down.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
There’s heaps of reasonable doubt in this case. All the evidence points to the dude dying as a result of something happening inside the house. No way someone backing up in the space she had would gain enough momentum to kill a guy.

Reaction Score

I haven't heard from my wife in a week because of that podcast. Been kinda nice

Reaction Score
There’s heaps of reasonable doubt in this case. All the evidence points to the dude dying as a result of something happening inside the house. No way someone backing up in the space she had would gain enough momentum to kill a guy.
Which supports several posts here, how did this even get to trial. And for murder. Intent, motive. I mean, why wasn't she charged with manslaughter? If it was a set-up, they would have their scapegoat with a higher chance for conviction.

This is one piece I read which is concerning if true. The exact location of this maneuver would be crucial:
"But vehicle data from Read’s SUV showed that at 12:45 a.m., while outside Albert’s home, the Lexus traveled backward for 60 feet at 24 mph, Lally said."

Reaction Score
My flooring guys are Canton lifers. Father and son and all the townies know/believe that it is Albert's brother and nephew that beat the crap out of him. Feel that it will be the FBI investigation that cuts through all the bull, and, this will be a great Netflix show/documentary. We'll see.

Say this cast of characters will quickly turn on each other. Regardless, fun to follow.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
My flooring guys are Canton lifers. Father and son and all the townies know/believe that it is Albert's brother and nephew that beat the crap out of him. Feel that it will be the FBI investigation that cuts through all the bull, and, this will be a great Netflix show/documentary. We'll see.

Say this cast of characters will quickly turn on each other. Regardless, fun to follow.
Get a lesser charge on a lower end guy that knows something and squeeze him until he squeals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom