OT: Jay Wright/Knicks | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Jay Wright/Knicks

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is "only" making $2.5 million a year at Nova. For perspective, Dan Hurley is making $2.75 million in his first year at UConn. I don't know how much they can open up the bank account for him but Hornacek was making $5 million a year before getting fired so it may be too good to pass up.
Either someone is being under paid or someone is over paid:cool: :rolleyes:
I really don't think $5Mill will get him to jump but do think that Nova gives Jay some more $
Knicks may prove to be a tough fill with Dolan there

Reaction Score
NYC is first and foremost a basketball town.
Serious question, then why is it always baseball season on WFAN? I have been listening to it for going on 16 years and basketball is a distant 3rd behind baseball and then the diet and 2nd football.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Can't speak for the OP, but personally, if I could make what jay is making now (or can be expected to make in coming seasons) I wouldn't even consider moving to manhattan. It's not like he's not able to live pretty large in his current situation.
You know how people say It's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there? I avoid visiting it at all costs.
I'm on West 26th Street right now, after a visit to the Jazz Record Center, and quite enjoying my last couple hours after 4 days, but I wouldn't want to live here again, or pair it with a high expectation job.

Reaction Score
Serious question, then why is it always baseball season on WFAN? I have been listening to it for going on 16 years and basketball is a distant 3rd behind baseball and then the diet and 2nd football.
Because the Knicks and Johnnies have sucked for the past 2 decades, also Fatso and Fruitloops are basketball illiterate.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe he already has his handpicked college job

You also have to take in taxes Philly vs NYC, cost of living, etc

According to bankrate.com cost of living calculator it is 90% more expensive to live in metro Manhattan vs metro Philly

If Jay Wright was making 2.5 in Philly he would have to make 4.75 in Manhattan to have the same lifestyle.

That calculator doesn’t really work at those income levels.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Knicks job is one of if not the most coveted job in the basketball coaching world. Who are you guys kidding?!?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Because SJ likes to talk out of his rear end?

Baseball is by far and away the biggest sport in NY and you are 100% correct that football is second.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Baseball is by far and away the biggest sport in NY and you are 100% correct that football is second.

Glad someone else said this.

Baseball is hands down the biggest sport in NYC.

It's talked about on the FAN non-stop.

Reaction Score
When the Knicks are good they Trump all other sports. Nyc has the most bball courts per capita of anywhere in the world. As someone mentioned when they suck they still sell 95%. The celebs and stars are always at Knicks games dame can't be said for Yankees and giants.

Problem is it's been 20 years since the Knicks have been good so people forget how big they are. Meanwhile the Yankees are more or less always always contenders

UconnAngel

Feed the orphans
Reaction Score
I haven't watched a minute of Knicks basketball since Dolan chased off Donnie Walsh. That was it for me. The only guy that made the franchise healthy under Dolan's watch was kicked to the curb. I'm still pissed. I'll stop there before I ruin a perfectly good afternoon, lol.

Donnie Walsh's termination was the handwriting on the wall. Follow that by the childish disrespect on Jeremy Lin by Dolan and Carmelo just added fuel to the fire. If somehow the Knicks can have the money to snag Kemba and Lin to together, plus the successful recovery of the big Lithuanian, then you may not need a stellar coach to get them to the playoffs and win some.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When the Knicks are good they Trump all other sports. Nyc has the most bball courts per capita of anywhere in the world. As someone mentioned when they suck they still sell 95%. The celebs and stars are always at Knicks games dame can't be said for Yankees and giants.

Problem is it's been 20 years since the Knicks have been good so people forget how big they are. Meanwhile the Yankees are more or less always always contenders

Yeah no but whatever.

The Mets at the Winter Meetings are a bigger story than the Knicks.

Reaction Score

Spoken like someone who has never lived in the city. NYC has always been the hoops mecca despite the Knicks being mismanaged for decades. Huge high school hoops scene, MSG, the Rucker, The GOAT, Joe Hammond, Lou Alcindor, PeeWee Kirkland, Connie Hawkins, Dr. J etc.

The Knicks are still the hottest ticket despite being horrendously run for so many years, when there is a good Knicks team there is a buzz like no other. The Yankees are the most historic team in sports and had an amazing run in the late 90's but that doesn't make it a baseball town. Football is hugely popular throughout the country, NYC is one of the places it's least popular in.

Reaction Score
Donnie Walsh's termination was the handwriting on the wall. Follow that by the childish disrespect on Jeremy Lin by Dolan and Carmelo just added fuel to the fire. If somehow the Knicks can have the money to snag Kemba and Lin to together, plus the successful recovery of the big Lithuanian, then you may not need a stellar coach to get them to the playoffs and win some.
Dolan and Melo disrespected Lin? Lmboooo. That’s so false. During that time there were ppl who were Lin fans and not Knick fans. They wanted Melo to be the second option to Jeremy Lin, they were delusional

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Spoken like someone who has never lived in the city. NYC has always been the hoops mecca despite the Knicks being mismanaged for decades. Huge high school hoops scene, the Rucker, The GOAT, Joe Hammond, Lou Alcindor, PeeWee Kirkland, Connie Hawkins, Dr. J etc.

The Knicks are still the hottest ticket despite being horrendously run for so many years, when there is a good Knicks team there is a buzz like no other. The Yankees are the most historic team in sports and had an amazing run in the late 90's but that doesn't make it a baseball town. Football is hugely popular throughout the country, NYC is one of the places it's least popular in.

ok.gif

Make up whatever you like.

You have an amazing penchant for being wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
INTERACTIVE: The Knicks Are More Popular Than The Yankees in New York City This is rich coming from the guy who said Ollie would be our coach next season just days before his firing and lobbied for Geno to coach the men. Surprised you even show your face on the men's bball board anymore.

Geno would have been a tremendous coach. Shame he wouldn’t take the leap.

I did not expect the leadership to take their chances on an 8 figure buyout. You’d probably note they aren’t out of woods on that one yet. If you so chose you could go back where I said a bunch of times Ollie was doomed and it was going to end like it did.

I’m going to say this nice and slow for you since you are a total moran:

This chart is about the Yankees and Knicks.

That isn’t baseball and basketball.

It’s also based on Facebook likes for cripes sake.

Btw - for you to comment on anyone’s predictions or showing their faces proves what a slimy looser you are. You are lucky BigRed protects you from the fallout of your stupidity.

#shizzled

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno would have been a tremendous coach. Shame he wouldn’t take the leap.

I did not expect the leadership to take their chances on an 8 figure buyout. You’d probably note they aren’t out of woods on that one yet.

I’m going to say this nice and slow for you since you are a total moran:

This chart is about the Yankees and Knicks.

That isn’t baseball and basketball.

Btw - for you to comment on anyone’s predictions or showing their faces proves what a slimy looser you are. You are lucky BigRed protects you from the fallout of your stupidity.

#shizzled
This coming from the guy who knows Wall Street because he once talked to a Wall Street guy at a Yankee game. You are such an incredible loser.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This coming from the guy who knows Wall Street because he once talked to a Wall Street guy at a Yankee game. You are such an incredible loser.

Yeah that’s what I claimed you brain dead idiot.

This is just another topic on which you are completely wrong and are going to flap your gums.

If Hurley loses a couple of games are you going to quit the board and then start posting 15 minutes later. Then keep telling us you didn’t post what was quoted 100 times?

Good luck getting the first game off from work. Hopefully their is another waiter that can take your shift.

pj

Reaction Score
Nyc has the most bball courts per capita of anywhere in the world.

I don't have to Google to know this is the opposite of the truth. It has closer to the fewest bball courts per capita.

But Google does give one the opportunity to quantify: New York City, NY: Basketball Courts in New York City, NY - Courts of the World. There are 167 courts in NYC, for 8.5 million people. 51,000 people per court.

In contrast, Storrs CT has 5 courts for 15,344 people. 3,069 people per court.

Storrs, CT -- basketball capital of the world!

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want a hardly laugh at our short waiter from the midwest.. google the TV ratings.

When the Nets+Knicks add up to half the Yankees that will be a nice milestone for them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
INTERACTIVE: The Knicks Are More Popular Than The Yankees in New York City This is rich coming from the guy who said Ollie would be our coach next season just days before his firing and lobbied for Geno to coach the men. Surprised you even show your face on the men's bball board anymore.

SJ... if you are honestly going to post a study done on FB "likes" as actual research, please don't show up on the Cesspool anymore. You've lost whatever thin thread of credibility you still had with this idiocy.

Reaction Score

This is just another topic on which you are completely wrong and are going to flap your gums.

If Hurley loses a couple of games are you going to quit the board and then start posting 15 minutes later. Then keep telling us you didn’t post what was quoted 100 times?

Good luck getting the first game off from work. Hopefully their is another waiter that can take your shift.
Your melts are almost as funny as your playing the big shot role on a basketball message bard. A fat miserable loser who posts pictures of his horrendously ugly and cheap looking house and his sad sack job that affords him a view of a bunch of Hartford parking lots. The one guy on the board who brags about driving a Dodge Stratus.

People with real money don't talk about their money. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
SJ... if you are honestly going to post a study done on FB "likes" as actual research, please don't show up on the Cesspool anymore. You've lost whatever thin thread of credibility you still had with this idiocy.
The cesspool still exists?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Your melts are almost as funny as your playing the big shot role on a basketball message bard. A fat miserable loser who posts pictures of his horrendously ugly and cheap looking house and his sad sack job that affords him a view of a bunch of Hartford parking lots. The one guy on the board who brags about driving a Dodge Stratus.

People with real money don't talk about their money. You're welcome.
You both just need to stop sniping each other. NOW! First and last warning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom