OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
storrsroars brought up the Red Sox are the epitome of what they always whined about. Just because you guys finally won all is forgiven, you just stop pretending that you're small market? I could care less about who spends the most but don't cry poor when you're not.

Around the same time Sox fans were complaining about Yankees players taking steroids. One of their board of directors runs the investigation which conveniently names Yankees players while the Sox team was juicing to the gills. I just like to see things called straight.

Yankee tears sustain me in October; thank you.

Reaction Score
Yankee tears sustain me in October; thank you.
Dude, just wear your pink hat and cheer on the highest priced team in baseball. Nothing wrong with buying championships but the Yankees shouldn't be in your head.

Reaction Score
Dude, just wear your pink hat and cheer on the highest priced team in baseball. Nothing wrong with buying championships but the Yankees shouldn't be in your head.

Lol I have no problem with cheering on the highest paid team in baseball. I see you didn’t go back and read my other responses to you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's called messaging, Yankees never pretended to be what they aren't.
LOL! They're touting young talent these days while doling out huge bucks to outsiders like Ellsbury and Stanton and probably Harper. Not pretending at all.
I have to admit I love the Trading Places aspect of all this. Yank fans calling Sox fans hypocrites through their tears.

Reaction Score
LOL! They're touting young talent these days while doling out huge bucks to outsiders like Ellsbury and Stanton and probably Harper. Not pretending at all.
I have to admit I love the Trading Places aspect of all this. Yank fans calling Sox fans hypocrites through their tears.
Yankees have a dynasty with homegrown talent, Boston ownership and fans shouting "evil empire." Red Sox are going to win a championship with the highest payroll in baseball, Red Sox fans we are just a team of homegrown talent. Yep, no hypocrisy, you guys are just a plucky bunch going up against and beating all the goliaths.

Reaction Score
Yankees have a dynasty with homegrown talent, Boston ownership and fans shouting "evil empire." Red Sox are going to win a championship with the highest payroll in baseball, Red Sox fans we are just a team of homegrown talent. Yep, no hypocrisy, you guys are just a plucky bunch going up against and beating all the goliaths.

Who is saying that?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's called messaging, Yankees never pretended to be what they aren't.
I think it's a bit more nuanced than that.

The Sox were ALWAYS second son. They would put up a competitive offer for someone, and the Yankees would always come over the top and usually not by only a little. Hey, It was what it was. I personally was never against the Yankees spending money. I wanted the Sox to do it, but smartly. What I hated was on whom, when, and why. It seemed like any player the Sox wanted or even kicked the tires on, the Yankees got. That's what made 2004 that much sweeter. MLB nixes an all but done deal to restructure A-Rod's salary with Super Agent Scott Boras, and Texas accepts a (What I thought at the time was) an inferior offer from the Yankees, merely because they could absorb his salary.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was 2 decades ago, superjohn. The Sox were a dynasty in the 1910's. Same thing.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lol I have no problem with cheering on the highest paid team in baseball. I see you didn’t go back and read my other responses to you.
Nor mine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What are you even talking about? Money isn't deciding who wins anymore. It keeps KC from winning for long, but that's about it. The Yankees were a poorly run organization most of the last decade. If anything they overpaid in prospects and in cash, for players they shouldn't have. Nobody in Boston has any illusions about whether it is one of the "big market" teams that has money to spend. It is. Has been for quite some time.

What matters is whether you spend that money wisely. So many big free agent signings end up hurting teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

For a long time, this was true. The Yanks were so out of wack it was crazy. Enough so that it's all anybody talked about. These days, many clubs can and do spend; the Sox happen to be doing more so than most right now.

But much of it is tied up in two guys, Price (not so worthwhile on the whole) and JD (totally worth it).

And if you want to talk homegrown, the Sox entire outfield, plus most of the infield is homegrown. The staff is a mix of guys.

We got one hired gun bat (JD). You guys have one in Stanton. We've got one hired gun pitcher (a gun that doesn't even shoot half the time), and one stud we traded dearly for.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Watching Yankees fans slow decent into madness has been so much fun.

They simply can’t wrap their heads around the fact that they are little brother now.

They can keep their Helms trophies. I’m sure that must be comforting.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

They simply can’t wrap their heads around the fact that they are little brother now.

What I do like is that both of these clubs will be very good for the next 4-8 years or so. They both have a young, very talented corps.

MLB is better with Yanks/Sox going strong. Hopefully there gets to be a little more animosity.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What matters is whether you spend that money wisely. So many big free agent signings end up hurting teams.

Without question. Just a few years ago, it was the Sox at the top of that list (guys like Panda - worst contract in history?, and before that Crawford).

No one in Boston thinks we're small market. No one with two brain cells to rub together. That's a relic of a time gone by.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don't even understand what they are complaining about. They have no starting pitching beyond Severino, and while Stanton was good, he wasn't good for the money. Infield is pretty solid aside from a gaping talent hole at 1B. The money that went to Stanton should have gone elsewhere. There is a real chance that the Rays are better than the Yankees next year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don't even understand what they are complaining about. They have no starting pitching beyond Severino, and while Stanton was good, he wasn't good for the money. Infield is pretty solid aside from a gaping talent hole at 1B. The money that went to Stanton should have gone elsewhere. There is a real chance that the Rays are better than the Yankees next year.

Let’s let the offseason play out. Very real chance the Yankees get Corbin and machado.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Let’s let the offseason play out. Very real chance the Yankees get Corbin and machado.
I'd prefer to live in the Now. Someone (hopefully the Sox) has four more games to win first.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jesus is anyone really still interested in these arguments?
I guess guys who don't still have a team in the post season. I mean they have the free time.

Reaction Score
For a long time, this was true. The Yanks were so out of wack it was crazy. Enough so that it's all anybody talked about. These days, many clubs can and do spend; the Sox happen to be doing more so than most right now.

But much of it is tied up in two guys, Price (not so worthwhile on the whole) and JD (totally worth it).

And if you want to talk homegrown, the Sox entire outfield, plus most of the infield is homegrown. The staff is a mix of guys.

We got one hired gun bat (JD). You guys have one in Stanton. We've got one hired gun pitcher (a gun that doesn't even shoot half the time), and one stud we traded dearly for.
You seem like a level-headed guy, So I know you see the hypocrisy. The bulk of the Yankees dynasty was homegrown but because they had the highest payroll, Red Sox management called them the evil empire. The Red Sox bulk of it's team is homegrown and they have the highest payroll and crickets. I've never cared about the money but call it straight. The hypocrisy is something else.

Funny thing is I'm glad the Red Sox have won some titles, obviously I didn't like the amazing comeback/choke in 2004 but it wasn't much of a rivalry before. It was like Cards/Cubs or Celts/Knicks up until then. Close to half of my friends are Sox fans and was genuinely happy for them. Red Sox have the upper hand in recent history and Yankees have to get better to reverse that, it's now a rivalry. I just always hated the little sister's of the poor narrative because it was so far from being accurate.

Reaction Score
I guess guys who don't still have a team in the post season. I mean they have the free time.
You don't have free time because the Sox are still playing in the postseason? Are you a Red Sox player?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My takeaway from the above is that the Sox-Yanks rivalry isn't much of a rivalry according to sj. After all, the Sox have won 3 straight division titles and the Yanks have only beat the Sox once in the last 8 postseason games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom