OT: Giants | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would have no problem with Eli playing and letting Webb get some reps late in games or even a couple halfs later Week 16, 17.

The fact that McAdoo has the balls to say that Geno gives them the best shot to win and that Webb may not even be active as Eli will be the #2 is a joke.

Every run comes to an end and I get that. If you're going to give Webb a shot, fine.

Use this time to evaluate Geno Smith? Come on McAdoo.
Yeah I don’t agree with the rollout but I guess I attribute that more to McAdoo screwing up what I would expect to be the directive from above to get a look at the other QBs they have in game time action. I read it that Eli was given the chance to start but told he would be pulled at some point because they want to get a look at these guys, and that Eli declined that because he didn’t want it to look like he was just milking the streak.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t agree with the rollout but I guess I attribute that more to McAdoo screwing up what I would expect to be the directive from above to get a look at the other QBs they have in game time action. I read it that Eli was given the chance to start but told he would be pulled at some point because they want to get a look at these guys, and that Eli declined that because he didn’t want it to look like he was just milking the streak.

I read the same thing that Eli could have started, but then be removed in the 2nd half. Basically treating it like preseason? I don't blame Eli for saying no to that.

Exits like this aren't usually easy for the player or team, but I think the Giants completely botched this.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reese &McAdoo will both be gone by Elvis' birthday. Eli will be the starter throughout 2018 and hopefully the new regime (would love to see Pioli return to the mother ship) will address the offensive line.

Reaction Score
I would have no problem with Eli playing and letting Webb get some reps late in games or even a couple halfs later Week 16, 17.

The fact that McAdoo has the balls to say that Geno gives them the best shot to win and that Webb may not even be active as Eli will be the #2 is a joke.

Every run comes to an end and I get that. If you're going to give Webb a shot, fine.

Use this time to evaluate Geno Smith? Come on McAdoo.

I actually think Reese and McAdoo think they have a better chance with Geno. If they can prove this offense would be better with a mobile QB they have a chance to save their job.. Their current offense with Eli just doesn't score, what do they have to lose.

I get it seems rough Eli but he'll be alright. He'll go win with Tom next year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I read the same thing that Eli could have started, but then be removed in the 2nd half. Basically treating it like preseason? I don't blame Eli for saying no to that.

Exits like this aren't usually easy for the player or team, but I think the Giants completely botched this.
Yeah I agree they botched it, but I guess I feel like these remaining games this season are essentially preseason games in that I do not want them to win and I want to get a look at players for the future. I agree Eli should still be the presumptive starter next season but they have a potentially franchise changing draft pick coming up and I think they need to know whether they need to put all their chips in the QB basket.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually think Reese and McAdoo think they have a better chance with Geno. If they can prove this offense would be better with a mobile QB they have a chance to save their job.. Their current offense with Eli just doesn't score, what do they have to lose.

I get it seems rough Eli but he'll be alright. He'll go win with Tom next year.

If they think they have a better chance with Geno they are dumber than I thought.

Yeah I agree they botched it, but I guess I feel like these remaining games this season are essentially preseason games in that I do not want them to win and I want to get a look at players for the future. I agree Eli should still be the presumptive starter next season but they have a potentially franchise changing draft pick coming up and I think they need to know whether they need to put all their chips in the QB basket.

And to that point I'm fine with getting Webb some reps. Hell even let him play the last couple games.

The notion that we need to see what Geno Smith can do and that they actually and trying to sell a BS story to the fans as to why is inexcusable.

Both McAdoo and Reese should be fired if that wasn't already apparent.

Reaction Score
The Giants are are re-enacting a football form of The Producers.

Reaction Score
Giants are now a joke of the league. Mara's lost respect from fans and the fact McAdoo is still standing on the sidelines and Reese is in the booth is laughable yet they throw the one guy they owe under the bus.

Bad enough as it was already they just created a *storm, horrendous day for Giants football.

Reaction Score
Hes also in love with Eli. Lets be honest hes ran and offense like KO the last three years.

Let's be honest the Giants had a HOF QB with 2 rings and he can still throw. You build around that guy not the guys you have no clue about. Reese and McAdoo look like fools no offensive line in the offseason and yet they blame their best player on O still. Without Beckham there's no one on that team for Eli to play with, this is a total joke orchestrated by 2 guy who failed Eli and are looking for an out. And the Mara's should be extremely ashamed of themselves, tons of respect lost.

Reaction Score
If they think they have a better chance with Geno they are dumber than I thought.

Not as much a better chance for a win but better chance to have an angle to save their jobs. They got ownership to sign off so they still have a voice. I'm all for building a statue for Eli but emotions aside this seems like a football decision. Look at something different, whats been out there hasn't been working. Start thinking about next year.

The only downside to this is Eli's feelings..... He'll be fine.... He's better off saving the hits for a 2-9 team.... Hes taken enough in his 210 game streak!

Reaction Score
Let's be honest the Giants had a HOF QB with 2 rings and he can still throw. You build around that guy not the guys you have no clue about. Reese and McAdoo look like fools no offensive line in the offseason and yet they blame their best player on O still. Without Beckham there's no one on that team for Eli to play with, this is a total joke orchestrated by 2 guy who failed Eli and are looking for an out. And the Mara's should be extremely ashamed of themselves, tons of respect lost.

This is an out but it also makes sense. A mobile QB helps solve a lot of their problems a lot faster than getting a system around Eli. Eli's 37.. as much as hes an all time giant great hes not the future of this team. I watch the painful offense every week for years, I'm actually more excited to watch this week than the past 6 weekd. Give me something different. It will probably be a train wreck and I'll miss Eli already but I get a change at this point.

Reaction Score

At some point the Giants had to start looking towards the future and groom Eli's replacement. I do think they jumped the gun a bit here though and starting Geno Smith makes no sense. They could have given Webb some reps and then drafted a QB this spring if they didn't think Webb was the answer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks Eli for the two Super Bowls and for putting up with the lack of a pro front line the past many years
Now you can go to Jacksonville and enjoy your twilight years in the league and get your HoF speech ready
Goodbye McAdoo, Goodbye Reese and Mara can fly away too
I am almost too ashamed to wear any of my Giants stuff

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Giants are now a joke of the league. Mara's lost respect from fans and the fact McAdoo is still standing on the sidelines and Reese is in the booth is laughable yet they throw the one guy they owe under the bus.

Don't worry the Browns still have a definitive stranglehold on that title. And it ain't close.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Upshot about sitting Eli is you can protect his old arse and maybe squeeze a few more seasons out of him. Provided you pick up some kinda OL.

Reaction Score

As Mau knows I don't think Eli is as great as many Giants fans do but this totally sucks. Eli is a good guy and has always played his arse off for us. The people that run things have destroyed everything and this is a pathetic way of kicking Eli to the curb. John Mara, Reese and McAdoo are losers.

Reaction Score
It's also incrdibly personal, this loser McAdoofus has taken shots at Eli constantly while at the same time he's terrified of Beckham. I can't believe they are letting this loser pawn off all of his failures onto Eli.

Think I'm done with the Giants after this.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20171128-170358_15119066896121.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom