OT: Giants | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
The Giants would be stupid to fire anyone.
Don’t change a thing - do what u have to do to get a top 3 pick.
This is another great day for the future of the NY Giants

Reaction Score
Why fire him now? He's the biggest doofus I've ever seen coach an NFL game but the goal is to lose every game, keeping McAdoo and Reese around until the end ensures that.
I won't lie, that thought has crossed my mind. I just don't have much confidence that Spags as the interim coach would be any better. But I agree, lose as many games as possible to get that QB the Browns pass on

Reaction Score
The Giants would be stupid to fire anyone.
Don’t change a thing - do what u have to do to get a top 3 pick.
This is another great day for the future of the NY Giants

You know what? I change my stance. You are right

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You guys with your absolutes are hilarious. Many of my friends growing WERE Italian. Most of us played every sport. MANY of us were and still are Patriots fans. I don't know how else to say that you're wrong, but YOU'RE WRONG!!! Pats fans existed back then. Deal with it, I don't really see what the issue is other than your own insecurities.

First, I have no insecurities.
Second I made a comment about the people I experienced in the greater Middletown area in a response to Mau's comment.
You have friends who were Italian (did the change their ethnicity?) -GREAT and they were Pats fans GREAT and you played every sport - WAHOO for you
I never said Italians were never Pats fans
Read my prior submissions - I come from a family of Pats fans and my late father had season tickets way back to the early 70s.
So pull on your big boy pants and take a deep breath

Reaction Score
If the coach really can’t communicate he has to go, but he had good success last year. My big thing now is this, the Giants have to find out what they have in the cupboard. Is Webb valuable? Then they need a strategy. If Webb turns out to have talent you have to find out one way or another. You can draft the best QB and keep him, or trade for multiple pieces. Maybe build an O line for the ages that opens holes and protects. This is not a slight on Eli, he’s a big boy. They can play him 1st half to keep the streak and sit him second. This is a passing league so when the receivers come back next year can turn quick. One other thing, I would rather do this than play one game under .500, miss the playoffs and rip my guts out, which is going to happen to lots of teams who will get bad picks.

Reaction Score

I'll give you 1 guess on who was the 1 Giants player from the secondary to not talk to the media after the game today

Reaction Score
I won't lie, that thought has crossed my mind. I just don't have much confidence that Spags as the interim coach would be any better. But I agree, lose as many games as possible to get that QB the Browns pass on
Spags was 1-15,7-9,and 2-14 in 3 years. He may be the absolute worse coach in the nfl

Reaction Score
They should have started tanking at 0-4.

If you want to tank why would you fire McAdoo?

Not sure if they have to try to tank - who are they going to beat even if they try?

Good point. Keep them both until the last game is over.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It would be just like the GMen to win 3 more games and lose out on a top 5 pick

Reaction Score
The Giants didn't fix the offensive line in the off season and it blew up their season. Even the pre-season injury to Beckum was caused by an offensive line breakdown. That started the cascade effect and the whole thing collapsed. Fix the offensive line and this same squad will be in the playoffs.

The coach is a different matter. He has shown his true colors. This team will never play for him. They don't like him or respect him. And he ain't that good of a coach. It doesn't matter when they fire him as long as they fire him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I want to finish 2-14, with our only other win coming on 12/17 vs. the Eagles.
Go eat turkey.

Reaction Score
The Chiefs should be embarrassed they might go into a tailspin just like the Broncos did after losing to the Giants.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Chiefs should be embarrassed they might go into a tailspin just like the Broncos did after losing to the Giants.
The Chiefs can't lose enough to suit me since they fired John Dorsey.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's not the right way to end Eli's career.

Very poor job by the Giants.
Tough situation. Eli deserves to go out on his own terms, but the franchise needs a quarterback for the future and the only way to know whether that is their absolute draft priority this year is to see if the other guys they have can play. That's why I'm especially curious about Webb. The remaining games are meaningless otherwise.

Reaction Score
Think all Giant fans want better for Eli but why not start taking a look at what the new GM and Coach have for next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Tough situation. Eli deserves to go out on his own terms, but the franchise needs a quarterback for the future and the only way to know whether that is their absolute draft priority this year is to see if the other guys they have can play. That's why I'm especially curious about Webb. The remaining games are meaningless otherwise.

I would have no problem with Eli playing and letting Webb get some reps late in games or even a couple halfs later Week 16, 17.

The fact that McAdoo has the balls to say that Geno gives them the best shot to win and that Webb may not even be active as Eli will be the #2 is a joke.

Every run comes to an end and I get that. If you're going to give Webb a shot, fine.

Use this time to evaluate Geno Smith? Come on McAdoo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom