OT: Giants | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Harrison has gone after Francesa and Banks tonight.

Nobody melts like a New York team.

It’s glorious to watch.

Reaction Score
I like "Snacks" but he needs to shut the hell up here. Carl Banks is a Giants legend who is sticking up for another Giants legend on something that every Giants fan is in agreement on.
I’m not saying Banks is wrong, but Snacks is right imo. He’s sticking up for his teammates who Banks is calling out. And Snacks gives his all every play too, so he had the right to be somewhat angry.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not a Giants’ fan, but I live in New York so I can play one on the internet...

To let two clowns like McAdoo and Reese bench Eli like he’s the problem and they’re not...the ownership should frog march those two clowns straight into traffic.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not a Giants’ fan, but I live in New York so I can play one on the internet...

To let two clowns like McAdoo and Reese bench Eli like he’s the problem and they’re not...the ownership should frog march those two clowns straight into traffic.
They will be fired into the sun after the last game.

Reaction Score
Harrison has gone after Francesa and Banks tonight.

Nobody melts like a New York team.

It’s glorious to watch.
Wanna guess who retweeted Harrison's tweet?

Yep, Eli Apple...the biggest quitter on the team and a horrible waste of a 1st rounder by Reese.

Clean friggin house.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I would have no problem with Eli playing and letting Webb get some reps late in games or even a couple halfs later Week 16, 17.

The fact that McAdoo has the balls to say that Geno gives them the best shot to win and that Webb may not even be active as Eli will be the #2 is a joke.

Every run comes to an end and I get that. If you're going to give Webb a shot, fine.

Use this time to evaluate Geno Smith? Come on McAdoo.

There's plenty of film to review on him. It should only take about 10 minutes in the video room to conclude that he sucks. There's no reason to put him out there on the field to confirm what everybody already knows.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want McHandley and Reese to suffer through the end.

Philadelphia 128 Giants -6

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The change to Geno Smith?

Isn't Geno Smith the primary reason we have our lone victory against WVU? IIRC, he fumbled about three times along the way to five turnovers in their OT defeat at Rentschler in 2010. Yeah, he's the answer for the Giants, all right.

Things have gone steadily downhill since Wellington Mara died. He's rolling in his grave watching this cluster F.

Reaction Score
Long time Giants fan who loves Eli, and he is not at fault for having no protection, running game, or receivers who don’t drop the ball but he does have a problem. One, a California Redwood has more mobility. Two, 1 out of 3 short screen passes is off the mark. True he throws a good long ball. True he’s as class an act as there is. Lastly he is old. Geno Smith is no answer but the season is over and it makes no sense to run Eli out there because of an inane record that means little. Find out if Webb is anything before the draft. That’s key to knowing who to draft. That said, the coach and GM need to go bye bye.

Reaction Score
Benching Eli for Geno is a slap in the face, and saying it's about evaluating the future is even worse. You want to bench Eli and see what you have in Webb, sure. But if Webb isn't ready yet you play Eli 2 more weeks and then put Webb in.

And I won't even get in to the idea of letting McAdoo and Reese make this kind of decision when they're out the door after this season

Reaction Score
McAdoo and Reese aren't fans of Eli.

McAdoo took veiled shots at him going back to the draft or even earlier. And the fact that Reese didn't address the line at all just proves that he thought it was Eli who needed to improve, not the line.

The only way they can both save their jobs are if they win 4 of 5 in a row with McAdoo being able to say "See - this is what happens when I get the kind of QB I want, keep me! I know what I'm doing!"

That's why he's going with Geno first - If Geno somehow finds a way to rattle off 2-3 wins there is no way in hell McAdoo is putting Webb in there - he's just trying to save his job. Putting Webb in there now is the best move for the organization - but I think McAdoo and Reese both know they're gone unless they go on some crazy winning streak - so future be damned.

I'm sure Eli knew at some point Webb was going to be tried out, but to pull him with 5 to go for Geno Smith was an insult of epic proportions.

Reaction Score
The change to Geno Smith?
He’s not the answer either but again why put Eli through this torture just to keep a streak alive with no line , wideouts, running game, so I can agree with the decision

Curiouser
Reaction Score
McAdoo and Reese aren't fans of Eli.

McAdoo took veiled shots at him going back to the draft or even earlier. And the fact that Reese didn't address the line at all just proves that he thought it was Eli who needed to improve, not the line.

The only way they can both save their jobs are if they win 4 of 5 in a row with McAdoo being able to say "See - this is what happens when I get the kind of QB I want, keep me! I know what I'm doing!"

That's why he's going with Geno first - If Geno somehow finds a way to rattle off 2-3 wins there is no way in hell McAdoo is putting Webb in there - he's just trying to save his job. Putting Webb in there now is the best move for the organization - but I think McAdoo and Reese both know they're gone unless they go on some crazy winning streak - so future be damned.

I'm sure Eli knew at some point Webb was going to be tried out, but to pull him with 5 to go for Geno Smith was an insult of epic proportions.
The only thing that would make this sadder--and me madder--is if the Giants actually do rattle off four or five more wins and screw themselves out of prime draft position.

Reaction Score
I want McHandley and Reese to suffer through the end.

Philadelphia 128 Giants -6
McAdoofus makes Handley look like a serious coach and person but yes I agree. Pain and suffering for McAdoofus and Reese.

Reaction Score
He’s not the answer either but again why put Eli through this torture just to keep a streak alive with no line , wideouts, running game, so I can agree with the decision
This is strictly personal. McAdoofus can't stand Eli and is a coward so he wants to inflict pain on Eli while also trying to pass off all his failures onto Eli. He's just dumb enough to think his plan would work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom