OT: Giants | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
He’s not the answer either but again why put Eli through this torture just to keep a streak alive with no line , wideouts, running game, so I can agree with the decision
The decision people are upset with is going to Geno. If you're going to take out Eli, put the kid in with potential.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but I'd be tempted to say, "Maybe we should see how this player looks when he's NOT on the Jets."
That might have been a valid point in a season where the Giants had at least an average OL, running back, and wide receivers. The OL can't protect, they can't run the ball, and have you seen their WR depth chart?

So basically, what I'm saying is he's back on the Jets.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but I'd be tempted to say, "Maybe we should see how this player looks when he's NOT on the Jets."

So even if Geno plays great for 5 games, then what?

You have Eli's cap hit if he's cut, then you have Davis Webb on a contract and the possibility of drafting a big name QB in the 1st round.

You're going to tell me they would resign Geno? He's a free agent. He's not coming back.

It's a pointless move.

Eli should have started until Webb was ready. Benching him in lieu of Geno is idiotic.

Reaction Score
There were opportunities in recent games to let Eli sit in the second half. Why didn't they do that?

Reaction Score
The insane untapped potential of Giants backup and former Jets QB Geno Smith
And while you’re gorging yourself with turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving weekend, chew on this for a bit:

Geno Smith’s passer rating in his final seven Jets games was superior to Eli Manning’s best year.

And that there is an active NFL quarterback who was an early second-round pick who:

• Uplifted his team to an 8-8 record in his first season starting on a team predicted to win four games or fewer.
  • Won at least half of those games in dramatic fashion by leading game-winning drives.
  • Began the next year 1-7 before being benched by his coach.
  • Bounced back at end of same year, and displayed great growth.

Which QB would you pick? If you chose Geno Smith — you would be absolutely correct.

But if you chose Drew Brees, you would also be correct. The young careers of Smith and Brees are so similar they could pass for twins.

Reaction Score
The insane untapped potential of Giants backup and former Jets QB Geno Smith
And while you’re gorging yourself with turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving weekend, chew on this for a bit:

Geno Smith’s passer rating in his final seven Jets games was superior to Eli Manning’s best year.

And that there is an active NFL quarterback who was an early second-round pick who:

• Uplifted his team to an 8-8 record in his first season starting on a team predicted to win four games or fewer.
  • Won at least half of those games in dramatic fashion by leading game-winning drives.
  • Began the next year 1-7 before being benched by his coach.
  • Bounced back at end of same year, and displayed great growth.

Which QB would you pick? If you chose Geno Smith — you would be absolutely correct.

But if you chose Drew Brees, you would also be correct. The young careers of Smith and Brees are so similar they could pass for twins.
This is like the future Boneyard post where someone tries to say we are better off with Kisunas than Shittu because he won’t leave after one year.

Reaction Score
Lets go Raiders run up the score please get Mcadoo out of here he shouldn't even make the trip back and Jerry Reese is just as bad.
Reese is worse. He was handed a SB winning roster by Acorsi and ran into the ground. Mcadoo will be forgotten memory soon, recovering from Reese's roster construction will take years to fix.

Reaction Score
I've been skeptical that they fire McAdoo before the season ends. But with a home game next week, they may not want him to show his face in front of the home crowd. Maybe they should wait a week and let him hear 3 hours of insults and criticism next week and then let him go

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Make him suffer til the end.

Make him witness the Eagles and Cowboys as road games.

Make him stand up after Geno Smith goes 11-25 with 3 INTs and answer questions.

Do not do him the favor of firing him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
ESPN is reporting that Eli is “ready to move on” from the Giants and that McAdoo is committed to having Geno start and finish the game today barring injury.

Unreal.

I hope this is the most colossal ass whooping the Giants have ever taken in history.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Turned on ESPN Gamecast. How does a man as big as Darkwa go 11 touches for 10 yards in a half? Ints are not Geno's backbreaker, fumbles are and he has two already

Reaction Score
Turned on ESPN Gamecast. How does a man as big as Darkwa go 11 touches for 10 yards in a half? Ints are not Geno's backbreaker, fumbles are and he has two already
Watched the first half, the offensive line was absolutely awful, especially run blocking. Darkwa had no where to go. But what else is new.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Today's result probably keeps McAdoo on board at least another week but PLEASE no more victories
Giants need that number 2 pick BUT if Reece is still around, the pick will suck

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom