OT: Giants | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Giants have become the new Browns. As you remember, the fan base went crazy and the Browns fired Belichick because he benched washed up Bernie Kosar. The Browns have made the playoffs once since.

"Bananas are the new seat belt" makes about as much sense as your asinine post.

So Ben McAdoo is the next Bill Belichik, huh?

Reaction Score
Thank you! Those guys needed to go.

Would love to see the team rally and beat the Cowboys on Sunday.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Giants have become the new Browns. As you remember, the fan base went crazy and the Browns fired Belichick because he benched washed up Bernie Kosar. The Browns have made the playoffs once since.

Come on now. The Browns have been doing this for 30 years now. You gotta go down a long hard road til you can even sniff their dust. 2nd time I've had to defend their supremacy in this thread.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's crazy to look at how John Mara operates. Allows things to happen--things which go against all normal common sense mind you-- notices public perception, and then folds accordingly. Same happened with the Josh Brown signing. Strange managerial strategy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"Bananas are the new seat belt" makes about as much sense as your asinine post.

So Ben McAdoo is the next Bill Belichik, huh?

This is the new hoodie:

b1a054124411b62-280x210.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's crazy to look at how John Mara operates. Allows things to happen--things which go against all normal common sense mind you-- notices public perception, and then folds accordingly. Same happened with the Josh Brown signing. Strange managerial strategy.

Mara seems completely out of touch and tone deaf.

He's only pissed about the way Eli was handled due to the public fallout from the situation. Then he's only fired McAdoo / Reese midseason due to that fallout as well.

It's very transparent.

Not arguing with the end result, but he's clearly a step behind.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Eli's having his worst year and Geno's rating was worst than his average. He's not very good, he doesn't move all that great and the Raiders are awful defensively. Geno was ok, but please they are making a horrific move for the future of the Giants in so many ways. It's disgusting what we as fans are witnessing from an organization we were once proud to root for.

He should still be playing, they should be confident they can acquire a solid offensive line for his protection while whomever they feel is the future plan lies in wait. This new plan is just plain unacceptable.
I agree to a point Mau. Eli probably would of done better. A lot better. The running game didn't take off either. However, he is 37 Mau. If this didn't happen he probably would of retired at the end of next year. Unless he wants to be another George Blanda. Blanda played until he hit social security age didn't he?

Reaction Score
To me they sbould tell Eli this next Cowboys game Is his swan song and then go to Webb for the final 3.
It is indefensible that you won’t go to the kid to see what you’ve got before spending the #2 or #3 pick on a QB
In a perfect world Webb shows enough where you like his future allowing you to trade down a few spots or 10 and getting a bevy if picks.
I would imagine there will Be at least 2 or 3 teams salivating over some of these QBs and willing to overpay

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Locked into the number 2 overall pick now.

I'm fine with the Gettleman hire for GM. Not sure how or why he was fired in Carolina, but they sit at 11-4 right now with a roster that has his fingerprints all over it.

One thing I read today was that Jeff Schwartz is an early favorite to land the HC gig? Uh what?! The only two times our offense looked decent this year was against the Eagles. His tenure in Detroit doesn't inspire too much confidence either.

Was really hoping the Texans were going to do something stupid and let go of O'Brien but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any other HC ideas?

Reaction Score
Supposedly Gettleman was let go at Carolina as he was not opposed to getting rid of veterans that were on the downside of their careers. I like that he is going to get rid of Giants that took their positions for granted as well as acted like bags on the field. Schwartz as head coach, please no!

Reaction Score
Supposedly Gettleman was let go at Carolina as he was not opposed to getting rid of veterans that were on the downside of their careers. I like that he is going to get rid of Giants that took their positions for granted as well as acted like bags on the field. Schwartz as head coach, please no!
I’d rather give lovie another shot. Despite his season del rio may have a role here.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We ought to go after "Chucky" before the Raiders scarf him up. Of course, they're apparently offering him an ownership share in the team. That will be hard to compete against. This present Mara/Tisch ownership group isn't exactly known for thinking outside the box. Gruden better watch out, though. Mark Davis will likely try to screw him somehow. It's too bad that Wellington wasn't immortal. We're left with management run by Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh good a bunch of names of guys who we already know can’t coach.

Not exactly a great sign when you limit yourself to ‘veterans’ - there are so many great veteran coaches who don’t already have jobs.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Lovey Smith took the Bears to the Super Bowl and won 10 or 11 games on average. They decided that wasn't good enough and let him go and get have sucked ever since.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh good a bunch of names of guys who we already know can’t coach.

Not exactly a great sign when you limit yourself to ‘veterans’ - there are so many great veteran coaches who don’t already have jobs.
What do you have against veterans? They fight so that you can live in freedom.

Reaction Score
JPP criticizing fans for not showing up to watch a 2 win team play in the freezing cold was probably not the best way to market the team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Terrible news. People who know how BB thinks (eg Coughlin) are problematic if Giants/Pats in Superbowl again.

I think Josh will be better this time around having learned from his mistakes in Denver.

Reaction Score
And from Peter King: In Detroit, I hear Pats defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is the choice over Houston’s defensive boss, Mike Vrabel—but Patricia favors the Giants.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The 'favorite', 'all signs point to', 'early leader' rumors for coaching searches have about as much validity as Flugar's rumors about horse trading.

I think it's all click bait.

So far the leaders were: Schwartz, Schumur, Wilks and now Patricia. The media guys really covering their bases here.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The 'favorite', 'all signs point to', 'early leader' rumors for coaching searches have about as much validity as Flugar's rumors about horse trading.

I think it's all click bait.

So far the leaders were: Schwartz, Schumur, Wilks and now Patricia. The media guys really covering their bases here.

You forgot McDaniels

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom