OT: Giants | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Pats were the best team in the NFL in 1976 but got absolutely screwed by maybe the worst call of all time.

Reaction Score
I grew up in central CT during the Horace Clarke era. I only knew of one Yankee fan (a buddy's older brother) before 1976.

Guess again on that one, ridiculous. Maybe you were just the type of kid who wouldn't hang out with a Yankee fan. I watched Horace Clark, Jake Gibbs, Steve Whitaker, Jerry Kenney, Tom Tresh and all those guys and had tons of Yankee fan friends as well as very good Red Sox fans. In school, on the playgrounds there were plenty of each.

Yeah the Yankee fans stopped liking their team after winning a ton of WS and then becoming a cellar dweller? LOL

Reaction Score
The Pats were the best team in the NFL in 1976 but got absolutely screwed by maybe the worst call of all time.

The worst call in the history of the NFL now gives us the tuck rule!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah the Yankee fans stopped liking their team after winning a ton of WS and then becoming a cellar dweller? LOL

The kids my age were post-Mantle retirement and didn't want to root for a loser.

Reaction Score
The kids my age were post-Mantle retirement and didn't want to root for a loser.

Wow imagine that? :rolleyes:

Not the kids who's dads rooted for them and nothing changed. Again, you hung around with Sox fans probably because thats the way you were.

But there is always a reason whether you ended up a sox or yanks fan. There were always plenty of both.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You may need to I grew up with Middletown and Cromwell kids in sports and I don't remember one even close. More Steelers and Cowboys than Pats. Maybe now, not in the 70's 80's though we are a few years apart.
Middletown and Cromwell are 60% Italian and a majority of folks of Italian decent are Yankee and Giant fans. I've worked in Middletown for 17 plus years and never met an Italian heritage person who wasn't a Yankee fan. All my Italian friends are Yankee/Giant/Knick fans
Now the few Italian pals I know from school who grew up/live in the greater Boston area are Red Sox fans but their parents are ardent Yankee fans
Cowboys and Steelers were the bandwagon choices by those who "bend in the wind" when the locals are doing bad - I think that's a national thing except for pockets of Raider "fans"
Go figure!!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Middletown and Cromwell are 60% Italian and a majority of folks of Italian decent are Yankee and Giant fans. I've worked in Middletown for 17 plus years and never met an Italian heritage person who wasn't a Yankee fan. All my Italian friends are Yankee/Giant/Knick fans
Now the few Italian pals I know from school who grew up/live in the greater Boston area are Red Sox fans but their parents are ardent Yankee fans
Cowboys and Steelers were the bandwagon choices by those who "bend in the wind" when the locals are doing bad - I think that's a national thing except for pockets of Raider "fans"
Go figure!!
You guys with your absolutes are hilarious. Many of my friends growing WERE Italian. Most of us played every sport. MANY of us were and still are Patriots fans. I don't know how else to say that you're wrong, but YOU'RE WRONG!!! Pats fans existed back then. Deal with it, I don't really see what the issue is other than your own insecurities.

Reaction Score
You guys with your absolutes are hilarious. Many of my friends growing WERE Italian. Most of us played every sport. MANY of us were and still are Patriots fans. I don't know how else to say that you're wrong, but YOU'RE WRONG!!! Pats fans existed back then. Deal with it, I don't really see what the issue is other than your own insecurities.
Oh you used capitalized lettering, I am convinced now. Thanks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No one is surprised there are so many now. Kids are born in New England and have to be fans what a great time to begin your fandom in the area, winners galore.

Having said that do you think the kids tend to lean more towards dad or mom even than the parents moving to the kids preference? My son is born in WesMass and he's a Yanks, Giants fan despite moms efforts LOL

I think it's up in the air there. I mean, I'm one of those people who was rooting for the opposite of my father every time. And if some people's parents aren't into football, it's up to the kid.

And yeah, some kids follow the parents. Tough to say how that all shakes out.

Reaction Score
I think it's up in the air there. I mean, I'm one of those people who was rooting for the opposite of my father every time. And if some people's parents aren't into football, it's up to the kid.

And yeah, some kids follow the parents. Tough to say how that all shakes out.
My dad was a Yankee, Knicks, Redskins fan. I am a Red Sox, Celtics, and Giants fan.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Only people from Connecticut can be Red Sox, Celtics and Giants fans. I'm the same.

People walk into my office and see Giants and Sox stuff and are like, huh? I always say, "I'm from Connecticut and believe it or not, there are a lot of people like me."

Unlike Jerry, I got it all from my dad. He was a NY Giant baseball fan and followed them out to SF but switched to his AL team (the Sox) once Mays left SF. Not sure where the Celts thing came from -- probably because they were awesome and had a "member of the tribe" in charge.

Reaction Score
I got it all from my Dad as well. There are all sorts of combos when you throw in the sad Mets and the Jets fans.

Reaction Score
If no one gets fired following a blowout loss to an 0-9 team, something is insanely wrong with the organization.

Reaction Score
OK. Tank it now. Tank tank tank. Make the Browns the competition. And I was going to giants games in the old, old Yankee Stadium. Tank tank tank. Yale Bowl. Tank tank tank. Fire Reese and McAdoo yesterday. Tank it.

Now on the bright side. Double digit Husky win. U C O N N.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OK. Tank it now. Tank tank tank. Make the Browns the competition. And I was going to giants games in the old, old Yankee Stadium. Tank tank tank. Yale Bowl. Tank tank tank. Fire Reese and McAdoo yesterday. Tank it.

Now on the bright side. Double digit Husky win. U C O N N.

They should have started tanking at 0-4.

If you want to tank why would you fire McAdoo?

Not sure if they have to try to tank - who are they going to beat even if they try?

Reaction Score
John Mara is at the game and witnessed this embarrassment in person. If McAdoo is still the coach tomorrow morning this loss becomes even more embarrassing

Reaction Score
John Mara is at the game and witnessed this embarrassment in person. If McAdoo is still the coach tomorrow morning this loss becomes even more embarrassing
Why fire him now? He's the biggest doofus I've ever seen coach an NFL game but the goal is to lose every game, keeping McAdoo and Reese around until the end ensures that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom