OT - Giants | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

Reaction Score
The offensive line is awful, but if they're picking top 5 I think they need to take a QB of the future. Give me Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen and I'll be very happy with having a replacement for Eli

Yeah if you get a top 5 pick you definitely take a qb in this upcoming draft despite the need for oline.

Reaction Score
No, you trade it for a bundle of picks for a team desperate for a QB.
I think it depends on who's making the pick. I'd say there's a good chance it's not Reese making the pick if it's top 5 and it's more likely the new GM wants to come in and get his QB of the future. Eli is retiring soon and they're gonna be paying OBJ. It would be in their best interest to get a QB to get him the ball in the rare opportunity they're picking in the top 5

Reaction Score
I think it depends on who's making the pick. I'd say there's a good chance it's not Reese making the pick if it's top 5 and it's more likely the new GM wants to come in and get his QB of the future. Eli is retiring soon and they're gonna be paying OBJ. It would be in their best interest to get a QB to get him the ball in the rare opportunity they're picking in the top 5
Reese will not be fired after this season. As much as I wish he was fired 3 years ago, Mara has made it clear Reese has the longest leash in the NFL.

After trading up for Webb they are not going to take another QB in round 1 this year.

But I also think the chances of the Giants drafting in the top 5 are around 2%.

Reaction Score
OL, OL, OL

QB late or maybe 2-4 on a hope. Heck not real big on the one's coming out and none are no brainers. Eli has 1-3 more after this and I know you can't wait but this team should be ready next year too with a Oline and anothher LBer or 2. And a new head coach which to me should be #1 priority now!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Giants aren't taking a QB after spending a 3rd round pick on one this season.

This team has the skill position talent to "win-now" except they seemingly forgot about the offensive line, kicker and have dubious coaching.

If someone is willing to trade up into the top 10 for a pick (which is where they'll likely land), I think you swap 1st rounders and try and get their 2nd/3rd depending on how far we move down.

Offensive linemen need to be prioritized.

Also, not for nothing, but the Giants have a lot of important pieces nearing the end of their contracts, with a ton of money currently committed to players. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Reaction Score
OL, OL, OL

QB late or maybe 2-4 on a hope. Heck not real big on the one's coming out and none are no brainers. Eli has 1-3 more after this and I know you can't wait but this team should be ready next year too with a Oline and anothher LBer or 2. And a new head coach which to me should be #1 priority now!
Is it just me or has Perkins significantly regressed this year? He looked good at the end of last season and was poised to be somewhat of a breakout player, but has been really, really underwhelming, to put it nicely, thus far.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or has Perkins significantly regressed this year? He looked good at the end of last season and was poised to be somewhat of a breakout player, but has been really, really underwhelming, to put it nicely, thus far.

Yeah agree, even when there is somewhat of a hole he's late or slow to it or just plain misses it. And receiving he's slow to turn and go. Hate to really try to access him with that line but there are some concerns with him after what I thought was going to be a solid guy.

Reaction Score
Yeah agree, even when there is somewhat of a hole he's late or slow to it or just plain misses it. And receiving he's slow to turn and go. Hate to really try to access him with that line but there are some concerns with him after what I thought was going to be a solid guy.
I do too, but the line was almost exactly the same last year. Hope he gets it together, because behind a good line I think our running back group could be very good

Reaction Score
Not a Giants fan, but I know there are a lot of them on this board. At what point do they seriously consider moving on from Eli Manning? This was just an embarrassing performance tonight, Odell or not.
Eli was the least of the Giants worries....

Reaction Score
My biggest issue has always been Reese's rehire of spags. He is the most one dimensional coach in football at any level. I bet you know what his next play will be. Did you think all out blitz? Yes? Then you can also be the def coordinator in ny. He has had nothing but firable success everywhere aside from one good run that included a defensive line of a hall of famer and 3 other ring of honor consummate pro bowlers.
I guess we are ignoring the fact he took the 32nd ranked defense in 2015 and had as a top 5 defense in 2016? Yes, the Snacks and Jenkins additions were huge, but that is a massive turn around.

Reaction Score
I guess we are ignoring the fact he took the 32nd ranked defense in 2015 and had as a top 5 defense in 2016? Yes, the Snacks and Jenkins additions were huge, but that is a massive turn around.

I like Spags but you have to be confused with how they are playing thus far. A couple of injuries hurt but they are getting lit up especially that talented DLine. And the Dbacks aren't playing as well as last year, taking too many chances always out position. Weird because I was happy with Spags coming back and they were really good last year.

I wouldn't give up on the D yet but they will be on the field a lot this year as the schedule brings in some pass rushing teams.

Reaction Score
I like Spags but you have to be confused with how they are playing thus far. A couple of injuries hurt but they are getting lit up especially that talented DLine. And the Dbacks aren't playing as well as last year, taking too many chances always out position. Weird because I was happy with Spags coming back and they were really good last year.

I wouldn't give up on the D yet but they will be on the field a lot this year as the schedule brings in some pass rushing teams.
Oh I agree, it has been very confusing. They had the best run D in the league last year and right now are ranked 28th. Vernon has been hurt and Hankins is gone but still no reason it should fall apart.

Eli Apple has been awful and JPP has been non-existent. We knew the Oline would stink (thanks Reese) and the running game would be non-existent but I never expected the defense to play as poor as it has the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reese will not be fired after this season. As much as I wish he was fired 3 years ago, Mara has made it clear Reese has the longest leash in the NFL.

After trading up for Webb they are not going to take another QB in round 1 this year.

But I also think the chances of the Giants drafting in the top 5 are around 2%.
I kind of went off the rails mid post but that's basically my feeling. Reese won't take a QB after trading up for Webb. But I think Reese is gone and the new GM very likely may not feel the same about Webb

Reaction Score
No, you trade it for a bundle of picks for a team desperate for a QB.
As long as you could get enough talent to run block and pass protect out of that trade. Eli thinks he's going to be the quarterback for the next 4 years I guarantee you.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Just saying Doug Martin I think had more yards first half than all our Gints backs

Reaction Score
Yeah well the Pats defense is also pretty bad.

They got lucky at the end and they know it, TB was stupid not to clock the ball, it would have saved them a good 20 seconds.

Reaction Score
Giants are down 2 WR, Marshall and Sheppard are out and of course Odell is playing hurt, the Chargers suck too, but the Giants will find a way to lose this game and go 0-5.

Reaction Score
Giants are down 2 WR, Marshall and Sheppard are out and of course Odell is playing hurt, the Chargers suck too, but the Giants will find a way to lose this game and go 0-5.

Harris just got hurt on his punt return broken right foot he’s there 3rd extra down to nothing

Reaction Score
Harris just got hurt on his punt return broken right foot he’s there 3rd extra down to nothing

Wow can't make this up if the Giants pull this one out its because the Chargers are awful, the 4th quarter will be all about who sucks less.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fumble Manning. But it's the Chargers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Injuries or not, McAdoo needs to go
You cannot lose to this LAC team at home. Period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom