OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this confirmed? Please be true...

Correction the discussion w/ the Louisville coach involved similar payments for a 2019 recruit (player 11). Coach 1 is in the room, the Coach 2 referenced is obviously Pitino.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.PNG
    IMG_0759.PNG
    258.3 KB · Views: 191

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
But..there's not enough money to pay players. So, people would rather this go on than pay player...

Reaction Score
I could like every post in this thread....

Bout time the AAU/sponsor circuit was turned upside down. I'm sure they only got indictments for the cases that were slam dunks. I bet they had 5 times as many leads that they couldn't turn into cases that warranted prosecution but they knew something was going on. This is CRAZY. Hopefully this can end the news cycle for the kneeling.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And a school with Nike (or UnderArmor) offered his a ton of cash, allegedly.

Negotiating? or is a Nike school dirty too (could be UConn or SU???)
What's this?

Reaction Score
This has to be it for UL right?
Not as long as the NCAA is a member organization that allows for unbalanced influence from the biggest money-making institutions. It's not in the P5's best interest to allow a P5 member to get the death penalty (which I assume you are referring to), and it's not in the NCAA's best interest (or ability) to try. And the G5 and other institutions are afraid to say anything about the discrepancy in treatment. There are enough P5s in the FBI case that this will be handled with an "internal solution." Expect a statement such as "the sneaker companies and AAU teams must control their people and we, as institutions of higher learning, must take the high road and ensure that everyone understands and follows the rules. That is why the P5 has created a task force to tackle this important issue. We are glad that Louisville, Auburn, Arizona and the other named schools have taken steps to stop the practice by terminating those involved. The task force will report back with suggestions in the next 36-60 months."

Nothing will happen... but it's fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom