OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Head coaches are in charge of their programs & staffs and need to be held accountable immediately.....if the FBI is arresting asst coaches, Institutions of Higher Learning should take immediate action and suspend these Head Coaches now while they investigate their own programs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not as long as the NCAA is a member organization that allows for unbalanced influence from the biggest money-making institutions. It's not in the P5's best interest to allow a P5 member to get the death penalty (which I assume you are referring to), and it's not in the NCAA's best interest (or ability) to try. And the G5 and other institutions are afraid to say anything about the discrepancy in treatment. There are enough P5s in the FBI case that this will be handled with an "internal solution." Expect a statement such as "the sneaker companies and AAU teams must control their people and we, as institutions of higher learning, must take the high road and ensure that everyone understands and follows the rules. That is why the P5 has created a task force to tackle this important issue. We are glad that Louisville, Auburn, Arizona and the other named schools have taken steps to stop the practice by terminating those involved. The task force will report back with suggestions in the next 36-60 months."

Nothing will happen... but it's fun to watch.

Because the NCAA and the P5 schools and Networks and essentially everyone who profits off of the athletes act as a Cartel would.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A few guys we mysteriously suddenly stopped recruiting ended up at a bunch of the named schools.

I won't name names because I don't want to risk @Fishy throat-punching me, but I'm choosing to believe this played at least some part in a few of our recent-ish recruiting disappointments.

Personally, the question 'why would a Connecticut kid want to play basketball in Alabama' has been answered for me.

Reaction Score
Gee, you mean sometimes when a recruit chooses to play elsewhere it might not mean the coaches screwed up? Illegal inducements may be in play? Like Claude Rains, I'm shocked!
I hope I'm not too naive, but I have to believe this has entered into play, and not in our favor, in the recent past. Diamond Stone as Exhibit A perhaps? I'm sure there are many others that folks in the know are aware of in terms of their sneaker affiliations, but just seems like we were too close on a few guys to whiff the way we did unless something shady ended up happening. I first hope we aren't and have never been involved in any of this, and then I hope that all that were are appropriately penalized. Although I guess that's probably wishful thinking given the profile of the schools involved.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
This is nothing new. Louisville has always operated more like a minor league franchise than an academic institution. I hope they burn in hell.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel about them?

Reaction Score
I wonder what kind of punishments this means for the colleges and players involved.

Reaction Score
Lville fans trying to convince themselves everything is fine is glorious.

FBI probe
In all fairness, quite a few of them are admitting that this is huge and potentially puts the death penalty on the table. I'd hazard to say that the majority of them think this is a major issue and isn't going to end well for them.

Reaction Score
Newsflash.. this has been going on forever. My guess is no five star picks a school without being compensated some how. Let's not be surprised that this is going on. What's surprising to me is that they got caught.

It just dropped on us like a thief in the night though. Its something you know is happening but seems like its impossible to catch. I'm more shocked that this news is out there. And with all these people involved people are going to start talking.

Reaction Score
Newsflash.. this has been going on forever. My guess is no five star picks a school without being compensated some how. Let's not be surprised that this is going on. What's surprising to me is that they got caught.

No crap, that's why this is such a bomb.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Could lebron and his agency be involved? Waiting on coach cal too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads